• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red GX 'Betty'

Probably.. Haha ^
At some point I do want a properly stripped and LOUD road legal race car.. just because ..

It is cool having it stripped can hear the exhasut alot better, its jut not praticle :(
I don't really know what practical is, and I hope I don't need to find out. Family, or stripped and caged car? The latter will always win ;).

I noticed it was louder which made it seem more exciting, but faster no, and the mpg's seemed to agree. Its sod all weight really... Unless super s seats are a fair bit lighter than standard gx seats

I noticed it was louder which made it seem more exciting, but faster no, and the mpg's seemed to agree. Its sod all weight really... Unless super s seats are a fair bit lighter than standard gx seats
Hmm strange mine feels like its got better acceleration. Did you take all the seat belts and other bits too? Seemed quite heavy all what i took out

yeah took it all out. Never had a spare or parcel shelf back then so maybe wasn't that much of a difference?

yeah took it all out. Never had a spare or parcel shelf back then so maybe wasn't that much of a difference?
Hmm might just be that mines a 1l so little weight is more noticable, defenitly feels a tad quicker not much but every little helps :)

I've always preferred a practical (sort of), comfy car on the inside.

I had a stripped Fiesta that was noisy in the wet. Slippery inside and everything was sharp.

I did that.. became a back seat master

So I just track spec'd it and told my friends to get taxis and stop sponging lifts :D

Headlight protectors...
IMG00508_zps3232a121.jpg

JDM dash pod :)
IMG00511_zpsf6232c15.jpg

Also my bumper and everything at the back has been sorted :)
That is all folks

Buying a cga3 to build a high comp engine payday, hoping to get near 100bhp. Cga3 crank, cga3 rods, 1l pistons, double headgasket and possibly timing chain kit considering my engine has done 131k, ill try take as many pics of the build as i can :)

She has passed with 3 advisorys, Seat belts frayed, corrosion on front cross member and deteriorated door hinges. I took a good look underneath her and it has been undersealed by a previous owner so no corrosion what so ever, even the MOT tester was surprised how clean it was under their :D

She has passed with 3 advisorys, Seat belts frayed, corrosion on front cross member and deteriorated door hinges. I took a good look underneath her and it has been undersealed by a previous owner so no corrosion what so ever, even the MOT tester was surprised how clean it was under their :D
Yours is a good car mate look after it eh :)

Make it rwd... it'll be fun then :p

yeah but then it would need even more power and more work. On turbo cars or civic's there so easy to work on because most of the stuff is made and things go easy when building stuff, theres hardly any aftermarket suppliers for micra's.

I heard this as if Jeremy Clarkson said it after I wrote it.. weird. So I wrote this before it so you'd Clarkson saying it too :p

That's why those cars are so common. They're for people who have little imagination or creativity. If it isn't simple it isn't possible in their book.
Usually cheaper to modify a micra in the end because you learn to make parts yourself or adapt parts. Once your finished building your own handcrafted machine you can laugh at those with chinese bolt on parts as you cruise past with fingers in the air with a true "built not bought" car.

Ain't no Nissanubaru without no crazy micra owner behind it. Dubbers and vtec boys would of curled up under a table in fear of having to lift a finger or think other than bolt on parts

I heard this as if Jeremy Clarkson said it after I wrote it.. weird. So I wrote this before it so you'd Clarkson saying it too :p

That's why those cars are so common. They're for people who have little imagination or creativity. If it isn't simple it isn't possible in their book.
Usually cheaper to modify a micra in the end because you learn to make parts yourself or adapt parts. Once your finished building your own handcrafted machine you can laugh at those with chinese bolt on parts as you cruise past with fingers in the air with a true "built not bought" car.

Ain't no Nissanubaru without no crazy micra owner behind it. Dubbers and vtec boys would of curled up under a table in fear of having to lift a finger or think other than bolt on parts

How about vtec micra ;)

See now that's what I'm talking about.... scott you have just signed yourself up with a challenge :p
Rear engined :rolleyes: too far?

Yeah im not gonna be as mad as you :p
I think i may give it a go but it will be a difficult task considering the engie bays are reversed on a civic but im up for giving it a go when i have some money and time :)

Now your thinking like a micra owner :p
Mad? Me... :rolleyes:
You mean the inlet and exhaust are the other way round?... meh tis easssyy stuffs :)
Main things:
Driveshafts
Mounts
Wiring
Rest is childs play :p

Now your thinking like a micra owner :p
Mad? Me... :rolleyes:
You mean the inlet and exhaust are the other way round?... meh tis easssyy stuffs :)
Main things:
Driveshafts
Mounts
Wiring
Rest is childs play :p

If you look in a honda engine bay the gearbox is the other side to a micra one so it will be hard mounting the engine but i recon i have the tools and the help to get it done, like you say once ive overcome them problems its all fun and games :)

That'll be fine. That only affects drive shafts. Swap the longer and shorter around. The engine mount will be ok. Your brake splitter is on the right but you should clear it ok. It'll be a good simple project :)

Back