R/C cars.

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Anyone interested in them?
(This is kinda car related).

This is what the car looked like.
(It's been lowered here though).
IMAG0011.jpg

Got bored of it and decided to charge the battery and do this :D as well as lowering it before all the body stuff.
IMAG0020.jpg

:D

P.s. does anyone race R/C cars?

I don't race them at all, but have owned a couple!
I was very nearly tempted by a 1/15 KITT replica R/C car for £20, but alas I opted for a Bumblebee mask instead! :laugh:

Haha that's class :p

By the end of this year it's either start racing petrol R/C cars or buy another car to start banger racing at barford raceway (ofcourse I'd still keep the micra for on road use).

But I really want to race as a hobby :p.

I'm thinking that too like frank, once I'm through my test and I'm sorted with insurance, etc for my Micra, I think I'll try buy some old ford for like £50 from somewhere.
I loved going to watch banger racing when I was younger my dad used to do it haha.

got a few nitro cars, singles and twins, proper good on a dirt track or field, my 4wd can do 40mph standard and the impretza about 65

I used to have a Traxxas Revo 2.0 and a BMW M3 Nitro, think it was HPi, had to sell them both, wish I didn't though. Recently I have found out a friend of mine is selling a 4x4 offroader and 4x4 Tourer both nitro and he wants 200 quid for both, I HATE being skint.

Meji, like what you've done with the Subaru, if you want I can sell you a pack of 4 green LED's and a small 12v battery (Smaller than a AA battery) so you can do a Fast & Furious style to the car.

Hmm, I'll have to pass mate sorry, I was just downstairs grabbing a couple beers and making some microwave food, whilst I noticed a collection of McDonalds toys with red LED's in them, so after this food I'm gonna rip those out haha :D
Thanks anyway mate.

I used to race an electric touring car. Also have a nitro buggy which i use to mess around with in a field.
Here's a pic of the electric. It's a XRay T1 Evo2 -
48238605.jpg

41884936.jpg

I used to run a nitro beast but I went through 4 throttle arms in one day and decided they were too fragile so sold it for beer money

I want to get a Chromed Up version of the Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin, saw one on ebay a while ago for about 50/60 quid. Or a Clod Buster, 4 Wheel Drive with 4 Wheel Steering, two motors, If I remember rightly the wheels and tyres were the same height as a can of coke, woof.

Holy crap, just checked out that Midnight Pumpkin thing, looks huge :O I'm more of a fan of on road racing for R/C cars but I've put the proper springs back on my Impreza now because it was too low for the crappy paths round my area.

i have,

Tamiya FF02 fwd car with pug 306 Maxi WRC shell, yokomo 15x1 motor, tamiya racing slicks, yokomo steel universal front shafts, lightweight wheel spindles, alloy oil filled mini shocks, full bearings, tamiya anti-roll bars, carbon transponder holder, carbon front and rear chassis braces, carbon servo mount.

Yokomo MR4-BC super Dogfighter 2 buggy, this is running a Team Novak 10T brushless system on 3600mah ni-mh racing cells, full bearings and full "special worlds" specification chassis.

Team Losi XXX-S Graphite Plus Team edition (Matt francis limited edition Alloy Worlds spec) full team specification blue alloy everything, kevlar belt, kevlar pulley wheel, duralanium front and read diffs with carbide balls, MIP CVD's annodised blue, blue alluminium suspension arms, hub carriers and c hubs, super light weight graphite chassis with worlds spec cut outs, team spec titanium turnbuckles, Team orion Spec 19turn dynasty motor (brian kinwald tuned) team orion RDSV-matched 3600mah cells, novak digital ESC, runs on foam "carpet" tyres and is the best car i own.

Traxxas T-maxx 1.0 (from 1998) full blue alluminium setup including arms, driveshafts,shock towers, bash guards etc etc. running HPI Pro T15 motor at the mo.

Kyosho Turbo Burns from (1984) very rare and not currently running.

Yokomo Yr4-m2 Jspec Pro, knakered..lol

Various stock hpi Rush, rush evo, mT2 etc etc.

and thousands and thousands of spares.

im a bit of a nut realy..lol

Yeah that would be pretty good like quite a few of us are North East as well ;D so not far to travel!

i race at epr raceway,had lots of tamiyas,schumachers etc
Just sold my associated b4 running a novak gtb and spares to get mph 50mm springs!
Still got the review car hot bodies d4 that was featured in racer magazine. (i know the editor!)
Will get back into it more once i stop playing the real car.
Having said that i've just ordered a 1/24 fujimi nissan march kit car. Planning to make exact replica of my car!i'll update my blog with pics soon !

Back