Micra C+C major problems with limp home.....help!!

Hi I am new to this group and really could do with some help. I bought a Micra C+C 55 plate 1.6 couple of month ago from a private dealer. Everything checked out fine other than problem with tracking but the dealer sorted this. After 2nd day of ownership the car broke down and went into limp home mode. The ESP and Anti Skid lights were also on. We phoned the dealer who checked it into Nissan for checking. Their advice was to get rid asap!!! All four wheels buckled and various codes on ECU. After they cleared them they kept coming back on! The dealer was helpful and took the car back and changed all four wheels and changed the AC sensor as thats what his engineer said it was. Another two weeks went on and bam car back in limp home mode. During a very difficult drive home the car kept picking back up and then dropping into limp home again. After my husband wiggled the wiring in the ECU the car started again and never went back into LHM!!! We had another engineer look at it who said the wiring was fine but had be looked at before and some signs of probing. His machine was saying Throttle body. A new one has been ordered by dealer and arrived today. Now here's the thing....... tried to take the car to garage for fitting new throttle body and went into limp home mode, wiggled wiring round ECU and off we go no problems. Could this be the throttle body......is it a waste of time fitting this.....could it be a wire sparking.....the ecu ??????? Any advice help would be really really grateful.

Hi I am new to this group and really could do with some help. I bought a Micra C+C 55 plate 1.6 couple of month ago from a private dealer. Everything checked out fine other than problem with tracking but the dealer sorted this. After 2nd day of ownership the car broke down and went into limp home mode. The ESP and Anti Skid lights were also on. We phoned the dealer who checked it into Nissan for checking. Their advice was to get rid asap!!! All four wheels buckled and various codes on ECU. After they cleared them they kept coming back on! The dealer was helpful and took the car back and changed all four wheels and changed the AC sensor as thats what his engineer said it was. Another two weeks went on and bam car back in limp home mode. During a very difficult drive home the car kept picking back up and then dropping into limp home again. After my husband wiggled the wiring in the ECU the car started again and never went back into LHM!!! We had another engineer look at it who said the wiring was fine but had be looked at before and some signs of probing. His machine was saying Throttle body. A new one has been ordered by dealer and arrived today. Now here's the thing....... tried to take the car to garage for fitting new throttle body and went into limp home mode, wiggled wiring round ECU and off we go no problems. Could this be the throttle body......is it a waste of time fitting this.....could it be a wire sparking.....the ecu ??????? Any advice help would be really really grateful.

i be honest bud im not familiar with limp home mode but heard about it on this forum?

it hardly would be just the throttle body causing this effect?..

and wat about getting they full ecu looked at by a circuit engineer, or a new wiring loom ?

If moving the wiring around the ecu help i wouldn't of thought it was the throttle body if the wiring has been probed they could have damaged wiring it may be worth taking it to an auto electrician mate will know more than your general grease monkey, i can say that cos im your general grease monkey lol

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I have had a auto electrician to diagnosis the codes and they came up as the throttle body/sensor and was 100% sure it was that!!! Trouble is it just doesn't seem right. The wires that were probed are both for the throttle body/sensor and according to the old invoices the sensor was replaced 4 years ago. Will be waiting to see what the garage say tomorrow :)

Let me know how you get on mate

latest news!!!! Garage found loads of crud and water in ECU plugs! Wires have been badly messed about with but seem ok. They disconnected the battery to fit new throttle body etc and now can't start or test car as its lost key memory!!! Now being low loaded over to Nissan as they are the only people who can re-programme!!! OMG what a lemon!!!

Well latest news is car back from Nissan all re programmed and seems to be working ok (for now)!!!! The lesson learned here is don't leave the key fobs in the car when you disconnect the battery, it wipes the system completely, big lesson for the garage!!! Only problem now is the radio/cd doesnt work and NO CODE!!! Gone through all the paperwork and nothing. I certainly not paying for the code as I didn't mess it up in the first place. Don't suppose any of you lovely people out there would know how to get one (other than paying Nissan!)

Back