C+C headlights

Hello Newbie here,

This is probably a very stupid question but here goes, are the headlight units on a micra C+C essenza the same as a the headlights on a standard K12 hatchback?.

I just bought this car for my girlfriend (she fell in love with it in the Cool Blue colour)and needed to change the front r/h main beam bulb. As I done this I realised that the previous owner had broken all three of the bolt brackets on both headlight units and bodged them back together with super glue. I wish I saw this before I bought it because of the obvious expence but such is life:doh:.
Obviously as soon as I touched them they fell apart so I now need to replace them before I'm willing to let my Missus drive it. The previous owner denied any responsibility (what a nice guy eh:glare:)
If anyone has an immaculate or new set for sale please let me know. I'd also be interested in any road legal upgraded lights if anyone has any suggestions i.e. halo's. I have found a few standard sets on eBay for a K12 but no one will specify for certain whether or not they will fit a C+C.

I feel like a #### for asking but obviously you are the guys in the know.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give,
Dan.

no idea wether there the same mate there are no upgraded units available in this country however you could upgrade the bulbs whilst changing the lights
if you could upload a picture of your lights i will see if there the same as mine for you

yup, all k12 headlights, facelift and pre facelift are all interchangable, so any lights will go into your car.

when i had my k12 i bought a set of angel eye 'halo' headlights for itfrom ebay, they were a shockingly bad fit with masive panel gaps, filled with condensation at the first sigh of a shower of rain and were generally ####e.

also, when upgrading bulbs, this can damage the plastic lens of the headight if you go for a brighter/ hotter bulb, giving them that 'tarnished' look particularly at the tops. this i have also learned from experience.

Thanks for the advice Dragonmaster_uk and andyseadog, I guess from this I will opt for the standard headlight setup as a safe bet. I found a cheap set whilst searching around on pfjones.co.uk, the price seems too good to be true. Has anyone had dealings with this company? with only £6.50 postage these work out at £113.64 for the pair.

I bought PHILIPS H4 VISIONPLUS BULBS +50% as a replacement bulb. They will probably run a little hotter than standard bulbs and I'll let you know if they have any negetive effect, I don't mind experimenting as I am going to change the headlight units anyways as soon as I scrape the cash together lol.

When I am done with the old headlight units if anyone would like them for any reason (mods, experiments or repair) let me know and you can have them for free as long as the postage is paid for just let me know.

Again thanks alot chaps.

Back