Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

instead of being really stiff at the moment of compression they gradually get more stiff and give more resistance to compression as the energy goes through them. they will start at standard rate stiffnes and go to about 40% extra stiffness, which is what we are ordering. this all helps with the way the rear of the car sits in driving conditions, and makes handling more controlable. and not too harsh.

anna k11 may be in also which would be our no. 10, shes just got some questions about shocks, how much are kyb shocks and koni shocks? also will the kyb's be ok for a 50mm drop?

as far as i know the only place you can get shortened piston shocks from is whitline in australia, they have some koni sports shortened shocks for micra.
i will be using standard length koni sports. with 50mm drop. so i'm hoping its going to be ok. this aspect is a bit of an unknown. i have my konis set at really stiff setting, so even if piston does get down to bottom of travel it wont hit with much force at all.
kyb are not uprated shocks as far as i'm aware just oe replacements. blistein also do an oe replacement as an alternative. i would recomend konis sports though as they are stiff and its very important to match spring and shock stiffness with each other, this is why standard rate shocks can easily and usually do go bust within a month or 2 from fitting uprated springs.

I'm dropping 40mm on KYB Gas shocks within the next week, so they should be fine.

The KYB Gas shocks are about £160 inc delivery :)

sorry to come across really simple, but just to clarify, standard factory shocks are oil filled shocks right?? soo the KYB being gas shocks wouldn't really be classed as OE equipment would it???

and also say going over a pothole for example, would you feel it more with the standard shocks or with the KYB shocks cos I think sumone said on here that its more of a bumpier ride with KYB shocks??

i think anyway.

I only ask cos i dont wanna be parting with £160 if the ride is gonna be alot more bumpier and harsh, I know that it would suit alot of ppl on here for the better, but my car is constantly almost always got 4 ppl init with luggage in the back doing long distances. So u can imagine bumpier ride wouldn't be pratical in my case.

i dont know guys, help pls.

oil only shocks and gas shocks are filled with the same amount of oil. the gas shocks have compressed nitrogen above the oil which prevents the oil foaming in hard use. if it foams the shocks become ineffective.
every 3-4 years the oil in a shock becomes thin and more softer than original condition, so new shocks are required after these intervals. most people wont notice this change as it happens slowly. but fit new shocks on a 5 year old car and the handling will feel loads better. so gas shocks are same as oil shocks unless they are specifically noted to be of an uprated stiffness from standard.
as for ride comfort for you kniksman if you want lower springs you will get more of a harsh ride. soft is bouncy stiff is bumpy to put it simply.
a blistein or kyb shock will probably suit you more for comfort.

Attachments

• new car 074 (Medium).jpg
    new car 074 (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 191
  • new car 076 (Medium).jpg
    new car 076 (Medium).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 180
well people anna-k11 is also in the group buy so thats the 10 people we need to get the progressive springs for the same price as the linear springs, ill email powercoil now and get a final price, remember im wanting the monies paid to me by the first of april so please if you are paying by cheque try and get the cheques to me asap so they can clear in time

here is the list of what everyone is wanting

Powercoil Group Buy

Paynee – K11 – Blue – Front 60mm, Rear 55mm
Rik – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Beachboy – K11 –Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Project JAE – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Lou – K11 – Yellow – Front 70mm, Rear 65mm
JayY – K11 – Blue – 50mm Front, 50mm Rear
JayY Friend – K11 – 70mm Front, 70mm Rear
Kniksman – K11 – Blue – 60mm Front, 50mm Rear
Kristian – K11 – Blue – 65mm Front, 65mm Rear
Anna K11 - K11 - Red - 50mm Front, 50mm Rear

if this is wrong let me know
cheers

do powercoil have all the information they need now to make the progressive springs? if they need the measurement os some standard springs off the car i have some in my garage.

ok thanks beachboy

my handling is feeling reallly spongy at the mo, and i know one of the rear shocks is leaking anyways plus car is 5 yrs old almost.

I will get the KYb shocks now, thanks.

i was going to supply them with the height between my spring pans, but im unsure as to what kinda state my shocks are in seeing how the ride is so poor, if you could give me the length of the springs and ill also give him the distance between my spring pans

bad shocks shoudnt effect the heights of your pans i dont think. is the pic in your sig of normal height micra? what size wheels you got?

Paynee, think you might have a bit of trouble being down 60mm with 16's mate.
And maybe at the front to, will have alot of rubbing i think.

well theres no arch liners in the front arches, also the lip around the inside of the front arches has been ground off aswell, even if i do get catching im prepared to get 15's anyway, mught actually prefer that cus my car feels as slow as s**t with the 16's on

Yea, well think you'd be better with 15's mate. Just watch the back to, cause you'll get about one person in it, and i will be rubbing badly!

OK, we have another person interested in these if she could be added to the list?? My girlfriend (MMs Bird) is after some, 50mm drop both front and back again, in black. Also where can the KYB gas shocks be bought?? Cheers. :)

right, well iv just had an email from powercoil and apparently there has been a misunderstanding, the progressive rear springs all must be the same height to qualify for the prices quoted, the linear rate springs at the front can be different heights to suit but it looks as though were going to have to agree on a height for the rears.
this shouldnt be too much of a problem as 6 people want 50mm, 1 person wants 55mm two want 65mm and 1 wants 70mm, so i was thinking a rear drop of around 50-55mm would probably be a compromise for everyone? can everyone let me know what they think please?

RE: RE: Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

Titch58 said:
Yea, well think you'd be better with 15's mate. Just watch the back to, cause you'll get about one person in it, and i will be rubbing badly!

ill be lucky to get one person in it mate, no rear seats...:upside:

no problem dan mate ill get ur lass added to the list :)

I thought it didn't make sense to be making different sized springs for everyone. 50mm seems about right to me, it will give it a nice low stance but not completely ruin ride quality. :)

50mm rears is what i woul prefer. paynee i will get some measurements as best i can for on the ground tomorrow, as i think we need a double confirmation, and wheel size might effect the height as diameter is not standard. i have 15" on also not 13" and you have 16". maybe you could get a full droop measurement aswell? will get those unfitted standard springs measured aswell tomorrow.

i had a look again at spring height on ground fronts are 7 1/4 " i would say. rear is too difficult to check properly unless on a ramp. but a guess i would say 8". but let powercoil know these figures are not the best of accuracy. also this was with 35mm drop springs and 195/45/15 wheels on. so will be different. they need to find their own micra to measure really.
i dont think they will need the unfitted spring measurements as i they have data supplied on that already i beleive, also my garage is too full to find things!.

Like before i think 50mm is fine. little problem though, told my mate bout it and he has totally gone of the idea now, because he really wanted 70mm, hes gona let me know by the end of the day.....

let me know when springs are ready for ordering and i can post you the amount if you tell me your address mate. still hoping that powercoil can get their own meausrements though as i dont want to rely on my figures.

we need to come to an agreement for the rear springs people, we can only have one height for the rears, 50mm or 55mm? i think most people want to go with the 50mm, is everyone happy about this? tbh its going to be less hassle for people in terms of catching etc. with 50mm but we need to come to some sort of decision.

I definetly want 50mm. Should Powercoil be gettibg their own measment any way? Sounds pretty stupid that their asking for the measurments...

yeah i would rather they took their own. otherwise if theres some problem with the springs they can blame us an not themselves. they must be able to get hold of a micra without too much effort.

I really dont think any of us should be giving the measurements. How do we know EXACTLY where to measure?? And want happends if there ALL wrong by a few mm? and dont fit? That we be all of us done for!! I think it ridiclous that there asking, its not like its a hard car to get hold of.

Was this a one off order or is it possible to get some springs made for my K12 in the next few weeks? Unless someone knows where I can get coilovers for the K12.

depends if you got over a grand to spend some coilover kits form japan could be found.

Ive got some bad news, my mate has decided to put out cause he was only gona do it if it was 70mm, he original wanted 80mm. Plus hes not to sure whether hes keeping his car now after the crash

not to worry jay, we still have the 10 ppl as MMs Bird is in aswell, thats if everyone else is happy with a 50mm drop at the rear, can everyone on the list below please post here if they are still in with a 50mm drop at the rear, or if they are out. also can they please post if they want to change the height of their front springs also. the people in bold are those who originally wanted 50mm rear springs, im presuming your still in, again if not let me know.

Paynee – K11 – Blue – Front 60mm
Rik – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm
Beachboy – K11 –Blue – Front 50mm
Project JAE – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm
Lou – K11 – Yellow – Front 70mm
JayY – K11 – Blue – 50mm Front
Kniksman – K11 – Blue – 60mm Front
Kristian – K11 – Blue – 65mm Front
Anna K11 - K11 - Red - 50mm Front
MMs Bird – K11 - Black – 50mm Front

i mean like jay mentioned aswell can powercoil get measurements for themselves to make the right spring rates? just so i'm not wrong. have you had the chance to do any measurements yet?

no i havent made any measurements i am just going to see if powercoil can do them like everyone said, like people said theres enough micras around, they should be able to get them themselves, has anyone got an email adress or anything for kristian seeing how he has been banned so i can get in touch with him to see if hes still in. wana try and get everything sorted asap

Paynee said:
MMs Bird – K11 - Black – 50mm Front

u probs best checkin on this before u order mate coz shes crashed her car aint she and she not sure shes keeping it or not ?

the other site is down, and he doesnt read the aus one as much.. but i can tell you that he "is" interested, but if you PM me ill tell you his e-mail addy..
thx

If you order -60mm springs they will be too short for the shock, meaning that when you jack up your car, your springs may go abit flimsey on the shocks, even on kybs..

dude, can you call me, 07843 096876

ive had the internwet **** up at home, no net till monday at earliest! at friends quick, so need to pay you for these springs! feel real guilty., sorry matey

Back