Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

well i guess the dates are staying the same then, im not going to change em if its going to mean certain people arent going to be able to get everything sorted.

beachboy powercoil said if you wanted different stiffness it would be the price for one set, £125 plus vat iirc.

here is the list of people interested so far from what i can gather from the post:
Paynee - k11 - blue - 60mm front, 55mm rear
Big ben - *Unsure*
Rik - k11 - blue - 50mm front, 50mm rear
Kristian -k11 - blue - 60mm front, 60mm rear
Project JAE - k11 - 60mm front, 60mm rear (can you let me know if youre still interested and also what colour your after)
Anna k11 - k11 - red - 50mm front, 50mm rear
Knicksman - k11 - blue - 60mm front, 50mm rear
Lou - k11 - red - 65mm front, 55mm rear (were going with 20% stiffer springs, let me know if this is going to be a problem)
Beachboy - *May be going for a single order*
JayY + friend - *awaiting more info*

MatT, Fox 1983, micra man, mat krazy k10 man, i know you stated that you might be interested, please post model, drop, colour if you are interested,

at present k11 springs are going to be £75+vat, also going to need to pay postage for me to forward the springs to yourselfs from me as all the springs are going to be delivered to me, those that want to collect from me in sunderland are quite welcome.

if a k10 order is placed the prices are going to be as follows;
1 SET £125+VAT
2-4 SETS £90 +VAT
5-10 SETS £75+VAT
because there may be 10+ k11 orders does not mean that k10 peeps will get the springs for £75+ vat, k10 and k11 orders are different, so you would only get the same price as k11 owners if you get more than 5 people to order

if i have got any info above wrong, if you want adding to the list or likewise removing please post here, thanks!

if we can agree on a stiffnes for the group buy i will be in, i'm willing to compromise abit on stifness aslong as its not any softer than the japanese spec lowering springs. about 3k-3.4k front and 2.5k rear.
can you ask them what rates 20% stiffer are? can they provide a specific figure?
i would rather join group buy than pay out the extra tbh. as it saves me cash.

£11 will cover it insured 48 hour delivery, with parcelnow.co.uk . or £10 if its 10kg maximum. not sure what they weigh though.
if we organise it with parcelnow, they will come to pick it up from you so no trouble of visit to post office etc..
the springs just need to be in a taped up box with address written on it.

Beachboy said:
doing a bit more research, i think 50mm should be the maximum drop you have at the rear, for safety and also for handling purposesand practicality. could go a bit lower at the front. i would only go lower by a few mm but you could choose more say upto 60mm drop for front.
also seen another section on spring rates 4kgf/mm front and 3.5kgf/mm rear is what i want to go for. with 55mm drop front and 50mm drop rear.
can you ask what surcharge there would be paynee if i was the only one to want this setup? cheers.

safe ? on std shocks, as most seem to want to run them on std ?

wont bottom out , spring pop out ? your chosen 'hardness' of the spring will be very hard ? or sameas for example gmax 35mm springs ?

have you phsically measured and predicted recoil rates etc ?

it does sound like you know what your talking about , dont get me wrong at all, but how have your came to these concliusions ? :)

think some people who are thinking of ordering will need/want to know this

just emailed powercoil to ask about spring rates in terms of kgf/mm, should hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow, iv also asked what the next increase in stiffness is and what the price difference would be, just for referance

looking at a japanese site, that used a coil over kit but incorporated a standard rear (but adjustable) spring and shock setup. the maximum drop was limited to 50mm. i would think this was because of the danger of spring dislocation. maximum front was 70mm drop on adjustment.
so i think 50mm is a safe and good drop for the rear. anymore is abit grey area, although i have seen a 60mm drop from springs on a jap k11. i will go for 50mm though at rear. and 55mm front.
standard shocks get destroyed on 35mm springs. unless you drive gently and on smoothish roads mostly.
the figures for spring rates i got are from looking at whats been done before on various setups, then adjusting to have a stiffer rear. but i will go with a standard setup for the group buy, but i need to know what the rates we are getting/can get 1st.
my minimum is 3k front 2.5k rear.
i have compromised more so today from some drives i have done in the car recently while thinking about ride stifness on my local roads. i dont really want it much stiffer, as its quite bumpy already. my 1st instict was to go for the ultra stiff setup for (which would be great for track use), but i use my car daily on local roads and it just wouldnt perform right this way.

looking at djlee_dj's post above, i would recommend uprating shocks regardless of what drop you go for as standard micra shocks arnt the best around by all accounts. however i think th figure of 35mm has been thrown around a few times with regards to max lowering on standard shocks. also as im sure has been mentioned in this thread already, there is a possibility of spring dislocation at full droop, ie wheels off the ground. at low drops of around 60mm so its recommended to secure the spring to the spring pans to prevent this.

thanks for the info paynee.
so according to powercoil
front and rear springs are about 1.8 kgf/mm standard. so a 50% on all springs increase will give us 2.7 kgf/mm spring rates.
so who's up for a 50% stiffness over standard spongey springs?
me.
with 55mm drop front and 50m drop rear..

to compare what 2.7 would be.
whitelines spring rates for micra are
front 2.4
rear 1.8 to 2.5 progressive.
the progressive aspect is of interest.
can you ask that it is progressive?
can go similar to this if you like?
which would be
34% +front stiffness
and progessive 0% - 39%+

sorry if this is messing you around but would i be able to collect my springs from powercoil myself? as i live in sheffield and it seems daft sending them to you and then back down me in sheffield.

yeh i cant see why that would be a problem id have to check with powercoil first. id still be needing payment to come to me and then ill pay the whole lot to powercoil because i dont think they will be wanting the money coming in in dribs and drabs.

From reading through the latest posts I thinks I'll definatly get some uprated shocks!

Can anyone advise on the best/cheapest place to buy them??o_O

sorry beachboy missed that last post, yes id agree with 50% stiffer aswell, im sure you all know how soft and spongey those standard springs are, so i would imagine 20% stiffer would still not be very stiff at all, i would say 50% stifffer will give a very nice handling micra!!

RE: RE: Powercoil Lowering Springs Group Buy

Anna-K11 said:
From reading through the latest posts I thinks I'll definatly get some uprated shocks!

Can anyone advise on the best/cheapest place to buy them??o_O

i think kyb gas shocks are reasonably priced, dont think they are shortened though which you will probably need if going for a big drop, maybe someone who has bought uprated shocks could help us out here?

arnt konis shorter?

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpg
    IMG_4807.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 178
i heard they will break easily,,with the adjustment been at the bottom of the shock,if they bottom out due to been 50mm lower ect,, it smashes it and breaks it

thats what larkspeed told me btw

so does any one know what would be the best shock to use on 50mm springs,,,,at the moment im goin with kyb

how long could i expect the standard shocks to last on 50mm? please say about three months!!

erm i duno about how long the shocks will last, it all depends what kinda condition there in in the first place and what size wheels you have on i would have thought, you could always just wait a couple of months before you fit the lowered springs then you dont run the risk of the shocks collapsing.
i wont be fitting my springs straight away, i will be waiting until i get some uprated shocks on, im only going to get the springs now because of how cheap they are going to be, if you were to get the whiteling ones -40mm there about £130 a set i think so £90 ish is nothing even if they sit in the garage for a couple of months!

hi paynee, did you email powercoil to ask about the progrssive rate of the rear springs? otherwise the micra would handle not so well with no initial give in them.

just spoke to the guy from powercoil and he said if we get 10+ orders he will do progressive rears for the same price, otherwise its gonna be 10% extra for the progressive, the progressive springs give a lot better handling, these are what the whiteling rear springs are, so it means you can get springs the same spec as the whiteline ones but whichever height you want for around £90, whereas the whiteline springs are around £130 for a set i think. could i have a list up to now of who definately wants what i.e height, colour, model......

put me down for some,

50mm,blue,(same spec as whiteline)

also will the progressive rate need to be different for different drops?

i dont think it will be at the moment we are going for 35% stiffer at the front, and 0-40% stiffer on th rear, same specs as the whiteline ones.

ok no problem,

50mm ,blue,35% front 0-40% rear

remember to tell him i dont need delivery, ill be picking them up myself

keep em coming peeps, thats 3 confirmed up to now, remember we need 10+ to get the progressivly wound springs for the same price as the linear

also if anyone can try measuring their spring pan heights wheels off the ground full droop and on the ground. this info is needed to order. i will get some figures but will be good to compare to check.

i should hopefully be able to mate , but do you want figures for 35mm ? or just std ?

and were do you want the measurements taken ? pictures would explain/show better

oh yeah thats made me think abouth the compressed measurement, i have 35mm drop springs already. the measurements need to be taken from the bottom of where the coil spring rests to where it touches the top of its locating area. this is possible to measure at the back not too difficult, i havent tried the fronts yet. i can supply measurement with 35mm drop and make a note of that to powercoil saying want it 15mm lower than this perhaps? i dont know. full droop measurement should be same as standard anyway.

Sorry I aint got back to you before now mate. :) Still interested for project JAE. Think a 50mm drop would be a good balance. Any colour really but probably blue or black. :)

i have some measurements for drooped spring pan heights.
front 10 1/4 inch
rear 11 1/2 inch
need a comparison though

right o guys, its the 21st today, so as agreed everyone needs to have commited themselves to the group buy by tomorrow with the monies reaching me by the first, once everyone is confirmed i will get a final price from powercoil, so far from what i can make of the thread these are the confirmed and not....

--CONFIRMED--

Paynee – K11 – Blue – Front 60mm, Rear 55mm
Rik – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Beachboy – K11 –Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Project JAE – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Lou – K11 – Yellow – Front 70mm, Rear 65mm

--AWAITING WORD FROM--

Big ben
Kristian
Anna k11
Knicksman
JayY + friend

if your name is not listed above and should be let me know, likewise it is still not too late to join the group buy, and save yourself a packet on CUSTOM lowering springs, please post or pm me if you want to join the group buy

Paynee got ur pm. thanks.

yup me def want them

60mm front
50mm back
K11
blue if poss

where am I sending a cheque to and what amount is it for mate and payable to.........

i want:

Front: 50mm
Rear: 50mm
Colour: Blue

My mates wants:

Front: 70mm
Rear: 70mm
Colour: Red

hi paynee does powercoil still need the measurements? i posted those ones for full droop, is that enough. can they get hold of a micra to do their own measurements?

thanks guys, beachboy, ill give them a qucik measurement tomorrow with tyres on the ground and get the details off to powercoil. re payment, ill get onto powercoil within the next couple of days and get a definate price for each order, then ill give my details for people to send me money.

difficult to get measurements if car is already lowered, if yours is lowered already remember to tell them what drop the measurement was.

Oh im also ordering some of those KYB gas shocks and fittin em at the same time as the springs, and I noticed that early on Paynee specified that the springs we will be getting are gonna be made to fit standard spring pans.

soo im thinking, will the springs still fit on the KYB shock spring pans or not??

any advice much appreciated.

thanks

ah right guys and gals, weve currently got 9 people confirmed for the group buy, we need one more person to get the progressive rate springs for the same price otherwise its gonna be an extra 10% for the progressivly wound springs, so anyone wanting to join the group buy still? i think ill give it another day or so to see if i can get the extra person to join as it will save the rest of us around a tenner, ill get in touch with powercoil say tomorrow and get a final price for everyone.

--CONFIRMED--

Paynee – K11 – Blue – Front 60mm, Rear 55mm
Rik – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Beachboy – K11 –Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Project JAE – K11 – Blue – Front 50mm, Rear 50mm
Lou – K11 – Yellow – Front 70mm, Rear 65mm
JayY – K11 – Blue – 50mm Front, 50mm Rear
JayY Friend – K11 – 70mm Front, 70mm Rear
Kniksman – K11 – Blue – 60mm Front, 50mm Rear
Kristian – K11 – Blue – 65mm Front, 65mm Rear

still awaiting a response from anna_k11 so hopefully this will be our no. 10

Back