• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

I know I can use my ma10 4 speed, but does it matter what year engine it goes against?

I'm trying to do searched but on ipad thru tapatalk and it's random as hell!

the k10 and preface 1.0 k11 f/w has a shallower dish neil (to suit the smaller RS5F41 g/box) so the hybrid clutch will limit your hp to 150.
if you want any more, then the bigger g/box/shafts/fly etc is the only option :)

there are pics etc in my cisco blog neil, you remove 4 rivets and fit the 160mm cushdrive into the 180mm plate :)

Never played about with clutches before, (like most things)

Can I not use the cg10 clutch as it is?

easy peasy look :)

78609.jpg

tho that is a QG 200mm one

Nice, il have to get one in my hands and rip it apart :D

Looking forward to doing,

Would you move the mount on the chassis, or make up a custom engine mount?

also, do I use the k11 g/box mount on k11 g/box, or the k10 ?

use your g/box mounts i think neil, and bias had some pics of where the engine mount goes iirc (retrorides thread)

sorry to hear its gone bang mate :( yeah moving the mount would be the best option tbh i should of done that when i did mine. if you are wanting to use the standard dizzy im sure i still have a my old modded dizzy and adapter plate somewhere. iirc the adapter plate needs some minor fabbing. if i find it you can have it for cost of postage mate as its no use to me. or if your on the route to japfest i can drop it off for you on the way. ill need to find it first tho. ive just sold a bike carb manifold for the cg on ebay if the sale falls through ill let you know.

ill have a look for it then bud. kind of glad i dint chuck really as it would of been a shame. ill give you a shout when i find it mate

Cool, it's actually quite hard to find an engine :(
None round near me!

What's closed block mean mate?

HOLY CRAP! why didnt i find this thread way earlier? Was looking around on the inter cause i get bored and ended up spending 3 hours viewing this thread! Did you had some guide to fit/adjust the CRB600 carb? And where did you get all the information for the wiring (electric fuel pump etc...)?

I would say replace piston 4! And I didnt know the engine had supports, had my 1.2 engine open and it didnt had it. Ur using a 1000cc?

Nice, very nice job, I mean VERY nice job :D I'll be watching this thread alot more :p

Keep up the good work!

Thanks. :)

Carbs, you will need a wideband O2 sensor to get the right jet size.

Fuel pump was jus wired into a relay and ran a switch to the dash board

How do tell difference between cg10 and cg13 engines?

Got a few at scrappy but doesn't know which is which

How do tell difference between cg10 and cg13 engines?

Got a few at scrappy but doesn't know which is which

Should be an engine code stamped on it somewhere?
Maybe the bulkhead to the left? Normally a metal plate with some deets on it

No 1 cylinder is usually crank pulley end unless its a renault as some renaults are the other way round

Cheers people, I'm going back to scrappy later.

Jus dismantling old engine fir resale able parts.

Here's top of the dead cylinder

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367930726.149764.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but there's a crack in the valve Pocket part of piston, and it's flared out
No marks on the valve tho.

Dead!

Can't see why it's flared out like that either.
Can't be bothered taking bottom end out see rest of damage.

the valvebounce had squashed/trapped the top ring eh neil !
if it has,nt shattered the ring, then easy repair :)

Made a start....

Mount off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367940726.038556.jpg

Need a littke massaging to get into right shape, but it's not far off already

Back