• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

ete9edaq.jpg

Better? One valve, no solenoid

ete9edaq.jpg

Better? One valve, no solenoid
There is still nothing stopping boost from sc blowing back through the turbo and escaping eh? Was thinking more like this:
1389558275801.jpg

The non return flap valves stop boost escaping back through the charger producing the least boost
Edit: This way will give a VERY smooth transition from SC to turbo, as long as the turbo comes on boost before the sc cutoff rpm

Having trouble finding a valve that's 2.1/4 inch, unless it's a plastic pool/pond type, and they are pricey!!

So may have to maje one unless anyone can suggest otherwise

Turbo exit pipe surely? Much easier for sc to blow past a non spun turbo than for a turbo to blow through an unspun screw supercharger eh
Nah, siamesed inlet with the reed valve in the s/c exit, then you can choose between the 3 options at the flick of the magnetic clutch switch :)

What I'd do is hook the sc outlet up to a compressor and see what the leak through it is like, if its not too bad you might get away with one reed switch

Turbo exit pipe surely? Much easier for sc to blow past a non spun turbo than for a turbo to blow through an unspun screw supercharger eh
yes my bad andy :rolleyes: reed valve on the turbo exit and siamesed chargepipe (the s/c is positive displacement eh),
so the electromagnetic clutch switch will determine whether you want s/c then turbo, s/c + turbo, or turbo only...........very simple setup

I'd go for giving the s/c it own inlet and just a bypass valve on s/c exit

No extra heat by blowing through each other and you can link the bypass valve to the electroclutch
So it closes when the clutch goes off
Much simpler no?

I'd go for giving the s/c it own inlet and just a bypass valve on s/c exit

No extra heat by blowing through each other and you can link the bypass valve to the electroclutch
So it closes when the clutch goes off
Much simpler no?
Drawings?

Nothing to stop boost generated by supercharger escaping back through turbo eh
It should be ok. That drawing is exaggerated to give me a clear view. But the charged air would have make near enough a u-turn to towards the turbo. The turbo pipe should have a positive pressure in it to prevent that and also engine vacuum :)

It should be ok. That drawing is exaggerated to give me a clear view. But the charged air would have make near enough a u-turn to towards the turbo. The turbo pipe should have a positive pressure in it to prevent that and also engine vacuum :)
That U bend won't stop the boost escaping mate, will only limit the flow slightly. Unless the turbo is generating as much as or more pressure than the S/C the compressed air will escape through it no matter how convoluted the path

That U bend won't stop the boost escaping mate, will only limit the flow slightly. Unless the turbo is generating as much as or more pressure than the S/C the compressed air will escape through it no matter how convoluted the path
We'll soon see :)
I'm confident it'll be ok. Basing it in the "air flows the path of least resistance"

Flow and pressure are different beasts remember
I'd say that rule would apply regardless.
Only thing is if the boost backed up from the inlet back down the charge pipe. Which I don't think it will

Worst case scenario I'll put another bypass valve in to alternate between each intake

I'd say that rule would apply regardless.
Only thing is if the boost backed up from the inlet back down the charge pipe. Which I don't think it will

Worst case scenario I'll put another bypass valve in to alternate between each intake
Well it will because while the engine isn't admitting air the pathway is blocked and the only 2 exits are back through sc or back through tc, and the sc will easily overpower the turbo. Just checked with another maintenance bloke here and he came to the same conclusion...

Well it will because while the engine isn't admitting air the pathway is blocked and the only 2 exits are back through sc or back through tc, and the sc will easily overpower the turbo. Just checked with another maintenance bloke here and he came to the same conclusion...
Only time it wouldn't permit air is when the throttle is closed? So it would be released to atmosphere

hi every one
needing help,got a k11 it won't start, took it to the garage somthing is wrong with the injectors as there is no signal the mechanic said start from the ignition reader and buy one and lets see what gonna happen
any idea guys?
many thanks

So this is what I'm making for the switch over valve......

age9upez.jpg

Easy,, cut 2 57mm discs from some plate, attach to a rod, one vertical (closing 1 pipe) and the other flat (opening 2nd pipe)
Have actuator push lever to rotate the rod. 90degrees, opening pipe 1, closing pipe 2

Should be a smooth transition too

Challenge accepted

I've got most off the inlet/outlet pipes fabricated (forgot pics!) today too.

I've got BMW mini idle bypass to fit in somwhere too, or would the BOV be enough at idle?

Me too! :D

How's yours coming along? Waiting to see how you convert your to bike itb's........so I can steal your ideas

Everything is ready. Last week I fitted the new fuel line, what a pain in the ar*e! had to remove both front and rear subframes :-(
just need the ecu now, sadly I have to keep dipping into the car fund ( new phone, Xmas and now a holiday) but hopefully I can buy it in Feb and get it fitted before the MOT in march

Back