Nissan Micra K11 - Slovenia

Great project there man !

Like very much to see more of your driving on the track with it.
Videos of that please !

What did you have to do to put the clocks with the rpm-meter inside your car there i wonder ?
Just a bolt on thing ?

Keep working with your car and enjoy it :)

Thanks guys! Well right now im working on that video :) Will post as soon as i finish itgrr (Y)

@EBBdude: The gauge with the RPM (from a Super S model) is a straight fit (Y)
@R-REG-SR: Will give you the dose soon haha :)

Will update,
Alex

That is Nice! (Y) bloody beetle lol
Video quality is quite good too, is it still that little spycam? :grinning:

@alex
Thanks for sharing , great stuff , specially the video !

It is nice to see more people actually running their car at the tracks like you do.

Hope you develop your car further in the future :)

@Shaun: Thanks man (Y) Jup, its still that mini spy cam :)

@EBBdude: Well actually it was my first trackday to attend so yea pretty happy with the result although my friend who was filming me said, i could probably gain a second or even more if i drove a whole lap on the ideal line but im pleased of the result for now :grinning: The cam is like this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-CAR-K...20571272627?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item4aa3896db3 bought it from here and it was like 10e delivered (Y)

EDIT: So here is a video made by someone i dont know:

[video=youtube;yd8gbrGndJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8gbrGndJQ[/video]

@alex
that was good footage with such a small camera.
I have had a friend once attaching such a camera to one of my project and that didnt give good quality at all.

Hope you will add more film of driving with Micra in events :)

Just been reading trough this thread, amazing work mate, its nice to see people taking miras to these track days, Im more of a drag racer myself though. You keeping up with that fabia vrs was awesome. I will have to show my brother as he owns one and I own a micra. Also that bonus movie at the end was halarious. Great work buddy:grinning:

@Eliot: Thanks man. Yea, even the Fabia guy was impressed hehe :laugh:
@Seb_: Thanks buddy!
@baguete: Thanks man (Y)
@Helloween: Actually i sit maybe a few cm lower so that's even better (Y)
@R-REG-SR: On the 13th of November we will have a new Time Attack series competition but i wont compete...."i guess" hehe :p because the weather is too cold and so on but who knows :upside:. Will probably go and watch the event and take a few pics.

Will update,
Alex

Today me and a mate played a little with the car's lock. We put a blinking LED when the car's ignition is turned off. Looks like factory hehe :)

161120101856resize.jpg

161120101855resize.jpg

Here's a vid. of it:
[video=youtube;4T7OcOGy4fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T7OcOGy4fA[/video]

I also recieved my Bosch Super 4 sparkplugs:

141120101849resize.jpg

141120101850resize.jpg

141120101854resize.jpg

Will replace them by the end of this week as i will also change the engine's oil and oil filter.

Thanks guys! Now sadly those rims went bye bye. Im now on snow tyres Sava Eskimo S3 M+S 155/70/13 - the cheapest i could get hehe :grinning:

761801541325657605136886.jpg

and i still think, it doesn't look that bad :laugh:

Finally something new on the K11. Jup, its the GTiR short shift shifter. As you all know its a straight bolt on fit. Today two friends helped me with installing it and OMG what a hardcore difference it makes grr

Here's the thing:
130120111980resize.jpg

Driving the car now became even more fun :laugh: I will take a video tomorrow so that you can see how the thing shifts now (Y)

Cheers,
Alex

Very nice work Alex. Id like to start taking the SR to track days sometime down the line.

Also after a short shifter myself so will be interested to hear your feedback after a few days (Y)

Went to work today in the morning and gotta say i love how the car shifts. Wasn't driving it hard, just cruising to work as i live near my work and the engine was cold :grinning: Yesterday we replaced the stock gear shifter centering spring with a bigger harder one and its just working perfectly with the new shifter (Y)

I remember the first time I put mine in on my first k11, I was that impressed by it it was the first thing I did to my super s

Thanks guys :laugh:

@Helloween: Will be checking your blog for any updates on the pics....thanks again (Y)
@Shaun: It's a strange world we live in these days....everything is possible :p

So i have been a while away from the forum but now im back. Had some wired relation with a girl for like 5 month and i didnt have time for even myself. Sucks, but im glad im over her grr grr (Y)

Nothing dramatically new on the car except those 3 goodies i got today.

2011-07-28-173410resize.jpg

2011-07-28-183147resize.jpg

And i made a quick walkthrough of my car:

[video=youtube;rTDIJEZ577A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTDIJEZ577A[/video]

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks guys (Y)

So today i had a day off and i decided to give my K11 some polish grr I bought yesterday Turtle Wax polish and im pretty satisfied with the results. I borrowed the machine from a friend.

img2990resize.jpg

img2991resize.jpg

img2992resize.jpg

img2993resize.jpg

img2994resize.jpg

img2995resize.jpg

img2996resize.jpg

img2997resize.jpg

img2998resize.jpg

img2999resize.jpg

img3000resize.jpg

Alex

Thanks guys! Damn the weather here in Slovenia its raining all day. Have the car parked under the roof waiting for the weather to clear up. I hate it when i completely clean the car and baaam the next day rain :doh: Oh well at least its still clean and im bored the f**** out sitting at home :grinning: hehe

So today them f***** coppers literally f***** me :down: They were driving behind me and made me pull over. The cop came to me, asking for driving licence and registration so i gave him the papers. Then he started asking for the homologation papers for the car. Every change on the car must be registered on that homologation paper - Slovenia and its stupid laws. I have almost everything (tyres, rims, exhaust back box, springs, window tinting etc....) except the Suzuki Swift GTi seats, Sparco steering wheel and the cold air intake feed. The seats can't be homologated because they dont have a TUV certificate. Same thing for the CAI and the Sparco steering wheel. I have been driving around like this for quite sometime and it never caused problems. Except when taking the car to MOT i take the Sparco and the CAI out because i know it wont pass MOT. For the last two years i didnt even take the seats out because then dont look that....strange in the car.

So today after i gave him the homologation he told me to open the bonnet :glare: I could have told him do you have a permit and so on but i knew he would make me drive behind him to the nearest MOT service and in anyway i will get f***** :glare: so i kindly opened the bonnet. He saw the CAI and told me thats not listed in the homologation papers....oh, and the Sparco steering wheel also aint listed and the seats :( He asked me to drive behind after him to the nearest MOT. There they tested the car. Everything was in excellent shape except those three things (CAI, Sparco steering wheel and SSGTi seats). They took my REG plates and gave me a fine of 400 euros :down:. Guess my career is over :down: I hate that stupid law in Slovenia. Im so angry today that.....oh well, what can i do :glare:

Tuning career hehe :D Well i dont know if i'll keep doing anything new on the car. Atleast today i have a bad feeling about the car - i still love it but i feel bad because i will have to remove seats, steering wheel and the CAI.
I Was even looking at some bone stock Civic VTi's on the internet but till now i have no extra cash. We'll see. Tomorrow i'll put the original seats in, original steering wheel and original airbox and go again through MOT which will pass with no problems. Then i will go and get back my REG plates from the police station. This is my priority tomorrow - put the car back on the road (legally) and pay the fine. What will happen then....we'll see :suspect:

bit sad, anything happens to me like that and i'll be hapily back on the mountain bike rather than playing/dancing to some poof peoples tunes.. the r-reg k11ller he used to wear them fila :grinning:

Back