My new build thread!

CMF_ronnielow

» CMF Member
So as most of you know I crashed my my past build,

So here is to a new start

I bought a 95 4 door slx ruff motor and ruff exterior.

Plan is to swap the motor out of my old one with the ga15 injectors and throttle body.

Already swapped my sway bars and adjustable panhard over

Once I pass blue slip ill be putting my coilovers back under and slamming it

Then plans are as follows

-diamond racing "smoothies" 15x7 -38 all round
-bolt on flares
-rigging up a front splitter from a vw polo
-home job respray (same colour)
-super s lip hatch spoiler

AND, my plan with the old was to go in the turbo direction. I'm kind of steering away from the direction now as it seems to be what everyone is doing. So my new idea is to build an sr24ve. I'm not quite sure how difficult it's going to be but it should be quite the challenge!

Pictures and more info to come!

Any thoughts or ideas?! Feel free to post

Cheers, James.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
my 13x7 +11 poke on the front. add another 49mm you're gona need bolt ons. you could fit it with stretched rubber and a guard flare though...

CMF_ronnielow

» CMF Member
Sr24ve is a sr20 vvti head, with an xtrail 2.4 bottom end. And sr16 are the same size as an sr20 so I don't see the logic there? I could be wrong! And as for tyres ill be going 165/45/15. Will be running a lot of camber on the front. I had 15x7 +25 were my old rims and they poked about 5mm with stretch and flared

CMF_bronald

» CMF Member
X trail GT in Japan came with a SR20VET - the most potent SR available.

Get a stroker kit into it to bring it to 2.2 litres MAX taking reliability and everything else into account, and you'll have a 500 horsepower car that weighs under 900KG.

Winner.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
the x-trail engine is a sr20vet is it not? sr16ve and sr20ve (and sr20de) are the same block/bore, just with different stroke..sr20ve uses an 8 counterweight crank whereas the sr16 uses a 4 counterweight crank (with no crank girdle, etc)..
bronald got in b4 me, but cheers for confirming my point mate..
VE head will bolt onto DE bottom end, but you will need to use VE pistons for valve clearance...have done plenty of research on this subject for my sr16/20VE+T build..

CMF_ronnielow

» CMF Member
Slam party went down tonight, picked up some temporary new shoes, te37 replicas 16x7 with semi slicks. Couldn't go as low as I wanted too because of the massive wheels. Not really a fan of the 16"! I must admit I'm loving the semi slicks tho!

The motor is very tired and as soon as it gets put under load it has a massive flat spot. Instead of mucking around with it I'm just going to drop my old motor in next weekend.

The brakes need some attention, rear brake cylinders are leaking and the standard front brakes are useless. Will be putting my n14 brakes up front soon and giving the rear brakes an overhaul.

Back