Hello, new member here (And Build Thread)

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Hello! I’ve been stalking the forums for a few years now. Always wanted a K11 but never had the chance to buy one (just too impractical, and didn’t want more than 1 car) until now. Purchased a teal/green 96 SLX a few months ago, pretty stock except for some alloy wheels. I then purchased an unregistered LX with a bunch of bits on it which I’ll be transferring over to the SLX.

From the White LX I plan to swap over the:-

Extractors, Exhaust, Wheels and Super S Tacho onto the SLX.

I will also be swapping over both Left and Right front guards as both sides of the SLX are damaged.

Parts that I am waiting on or that I have already which will be going onto the SLX are:- JDM Dash Cup holders, Cusco Coilovers, GA15DE TB and a Short Shifter.

Still need to get some sort of CAI solution and a whiteline panhard rod to go with the Coilovers. (There’s an adjustable panhard rod on the LX already but probably not the best idea to remove it as it has lowered/shocks & springs already)

Hopefully by mid year my little project will be finished with the addition of some wheels and a few small cosmetic tweaks. This is my daily driver and I am an on the road salesmen.

Anyways, will keep this thread updated with my build. Obviously nothing special but I think the Micra k11 will become a bit of a cult classic, if not already.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
I plan on fitting some n14 brakes but after reading through a few previous threads on the subject, I may need a 1mm washer to space out the caliper?

Can someone point me in the right direction or a link of some sort to the washer i'd need? Thanks.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
I have installed the calipers from an n15 1.6 (V22 stamped on the caliper). I didn't use any spacer washers and they look like they fit ok (even gap between the pads and disc rotor). I'll have to see in the next week once it's running if I'll need to use a spacer.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I had 1mm washers on mine, but to be honest I'm not sure they were necessary, might maybe get slightly uneven pad wear without them but I doubt it.

The superlites look good on the LX

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Long(ish) weekend we have in Melbourne, have a fair few things to get through, luckily my cousin is helping me out with the garage space and tools. Will finally get to install a lot of parts I've been hoarding on the SLX:-

Extractors (taken from the LX)
Full Exhaust System (taken from the LX)
Cusco Coilovers
Camber Bolts (taken from the LX)
Adjustable Panhard Rod (taken from the LX)
Rear Swaybar (taken from the LX)
N14 Pulsar Front Brakes
GA15 Throttle Body
Short Shifter

It all looks to be pretty straight forward with the thanks of a lot of searching through the website and previous modders/contributors.

Hopefully get most of it done before im back at work on Wednesday.

Will try to snap pics as we go along but not sure if I can be bothered getting grubby marks all over my iphone :D

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I used another pair of lock washers identical to the ones used on the calliper bolts, seems to centre it right, one thing that I haven't heard anybody mention is that pulsar discs are stud-centric but not hub-centric, just wondered if anybody had any concerns about that

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
royale WROTE:

"Long(ish) weekend we have in Melbourne, have a fair few things to get through, luckily my cousin is helping me out with the garage space and tools. Will finally get to install a lot of parts I've been hoarding on the SLX:-

Extractors (taken from the LX)

Full Exhaust System (taken from the LX)

Cusco Coilovers

Camber Bolts (taken from the LX)

Adjustable Panhard Rod (taken from the LX)

Rear Swaybar (taken from the LX)

N14 Pulsar Front Brakes

GA15 Throttle Body

Short Shifter

It all looks to be pretty straight forward with the thanks of a lot of searching through the website and previous modders/contributors.

Hopefully get most of it done before im back at work on Wednesday.

Will try to snap pics as we go along but not sure if I can be bothered getting grubby marks all over my iphone :D

Got it all done. Extractors gave us the most headaches. Had to get the brakes rekitted also. Still a few things to clean up, car seems to idle just a tad high so will do some adjusting. Added a cheap ebay air intake also but needs adjusting again with a new silicone hose from the TB to the 3inch pipe as the one provided in the kit is crap.

The car rides great. Not too harsh but a lot more squat in its stance. Much more assured around corners but i'll take it past a shop to get it all properly aligned.

With all the intake and exhaust mods the car still feels lacking just a little something in the mid range. Its faster than stock but not enough for my liking. Just needs a bit more punch which hopefully a Nistune can provide.

Bodywise I have picked up a Getz front lip and a Super S rear wing. Plan to do the body mods over the next few weeks (Melbourne weather permitting).

Lastly....picked up some 14inch Enkei rpf1's in melb. Stoked, but didn't expect to find them in my backyard, so the nistune will have to wait a month to finance the wheels. :D

Hopefully all finished by January!

Attached a pic now after all the mods done so far. I'll take more pics tonight. Melbourne weather has been crap lately so haven't bothered taking photos.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Oh, also plan to strip the bumper strips from the sides, swap the left and right hand guards from the LX to the SLX (Both SLX guards are damaged)along with the clear indicators that came on the LX and plastidip both the rear bumper and the front bumper + getz lip matte black.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
hey man, which parts?

Most of the mods done I've pulled off a second Micra I bought for dirt cheap (unregistered)I bought for the very purpose of pulling apart.

The rest is a mixture of gumtree, ebay and classifieds right here on the forums.

I know you're looking for a dirt cheap micra also, i'd offer the spare I've got but I plan to pull more parts off it in the coming weeks.

It's gonna be pretty ugly and rough by the time im done but it will (and does) run....LOL.

Mechanically its sweet but will be a major task to do up especially with its mismatched (and damaged) panels and rough interior.

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
haha! all good. i have two to look at this weekend. one is a super s for 500 bucks. may need a couple of wheels for that tho. and the other is advertised on here for 800 but has hail damage! either way i should be able to get it on the road over xmas... where are you in melbourne dude?

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Picked up some Enkei 14 x 7 28+

Got to get the centres bored out slightly.

Was looking at buying new tyres also but I've got 175x65 on my current wheels which I may just use instead for the time being.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
They will be if you wanna swap some knackered wheels on.

They are minilites but unfortunately the offset has the fronts fouling standard brakes. There's a spacer on the fronts that unfortunately has the wheel/tyres poking out just a tad.

CMF_royale

» CMF Member
Slapped on the 14 x 7 Enkei's. They are wrapped in the same tyres I had previously. Some 175 / 65 Dunlops with plenty of meat left. Offset is +28

I'll go to 165/55's once I burn through this set.

Had the wheels machined out to 59 by Advanced Alloy in Moorabbin. Took them overnight to get it done.

And had the tyres swapped, wheels balanced etc by The Tyre Professionals in Sunshine. These guys are the best. Highly recommend them.

Back