My hillclimb/supersprint k11

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Well, like all the great threads the time has definitely come for a second thread.

original located here: https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/64013

Mods list has been updated since original post and is currently roughly as follows.

Installed so far:
Super S rear disks
Apexi Safc2
Whiteline F&R swaybars, panhard rod, droplinks, rear adjustable trailing arms, caster kit, camber kit
Nismo Strut brace
Two polly rear trailing arm bushings
BC coilovers
Super S interior
Exedy HD clutch and JUN 3.6kg flywheel
Redline MTL trans fluid
CG10 un-dampened crank pulley - 700g lighter than the cg13 version
ga15 TB
Mullholland replica intake plenum
Ohlins rear dampners
Bride side mount seat rail and Sparco seat
Braille b14115 lightweight battery, relocated under the passenger seat with a FIA cut off swich
Super S front and rear bars (needs paint)
Maxim works stainless 4-1 extractors and 2 inch stainless mandrel bent system
Front brakes - Brembo Max disks, QFM A1RM pads, Goodridge braided lines Penrite Sin fluid

Wheels:
Enkei RPF1's 15x7 +35 with Toyo r1r 195/50 r15
'globes' 14x6 +20? with Kumho
Watanabe 14x6 with 185/55 r14

Parts ive binned:
Rear seats and belts etc
Sound system
rear wiper and motor
rear brake light
emissions canister
the thick sound deadening under front seats
front tow hooks and transport mounts
sound deadening on the firewall
most of the rear bar mounting brace

Parts i have but still to put on:
Magnaflow cat converter
Mullholland replica intake
cg10 pistons
sr20 TB
Aspect fiberglass front fenders
japanese cg13de - low km
micra.com.au sticker!

Parts i anticipate buying/installing in the coming weeks/months:
275 deg cams

Current PB's:
SDMA Hillclimb - 50.71sec
Wakefield Park - 1:15.38
Eastern Creek GP - 2:01.317
MG Car Club Motorkhana - 2nd outright, 1st in class

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
at the moment I'm currently eagerly anticipating this coming weekends supersprint at Sydney Motorsports Park, AKA Eastern Creek Raceway. We will be using the GP track, so I can compare my times to the WTAC guys!

If anyone lives around there you should come say hi, I dont think there is any cost for spectating.

Car is ready, did some minor work on the weekend. New Momo Model 07 installed, and a super light rear bumper bracket made.

Brembo Max, A1RM pads, Goodridge lines are in on the front. Interested to see how they hold up on Saturday.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Well I had a great day out at Eastern Creek, and as ty said, I ended up with a PB of 2:01.3177. I felt the car had more to give (I think I should be getting under 2 min), but I was just struggling to pull it out - very technical track with some really fast corners and straights!

As they say pictures tell a thousand words:

Three wheeling flat out through turn 1 at 160kmh was fun (!) - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP1682.jpg

Competition was fierce - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP1616.jpg

Was a big track for a little car - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP1548.jpg and http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP1519.jpg

Brakes worked well, although there was some squidgyness in the pedal on the way home, but all in all casper performed flawlessly.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
well a quick update, cracked my extractors thinking I was Seb Loeb while driving on some dirt... getting them welded back up shortly. Upcoming events are a hillclimb on the 26th and a motorkhana on the 2nd sept, after that my toyo R1R's should be well and truly toast! Unfortunaly I can attend the skyline nats, but I'm looking forward to seeing how trav goes!

p.s. WTAC Nemo racing was more then half a minute faster then me, lots more work needed hey!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Fixed my extractors and had another hillclimb on the weekend. Managed to lower my single lap PB by a small margin to 50.71.

Had a great competition all day with Tyrie in his turbo k11, it was a special 2 lap event and i finished the day with a PB of 88.07, Ty besting me with an 88.06!

Some pics:
One gratuitous three wheeling shot (so many of my photos are like this...) - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP2267.jpg

one 2 wheeling (!) shot (sorry about the blurry) - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP2058.jpg

and one shot of me getting slightly crossed up into the S's - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP2065.jpg

Im entered for another motorkhana this coming wkend - planning on swapping to a stock front swaybar to improve my maneuverability around the tight stuff

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Great work. My micra is also going to become a track car real soon after 15 years of loyal service. I can't bring myself to ever sell it so turning it into a track/targa car seems fitting and a bit of fun.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
thanks guys :) Micra_king - do it, you will not be disappointed!

mods wise ive bought a mullholland replica intake plenum (GTRHOLICs old one for all the forum junkies) and will hopefully be fitting it soon, ill try get some timed runs b4/after like i did a while back on the 1st page of my thread.

Also getting some cg10 pistons but it will likely be a while before they are in and pumping

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Congrats again on the pb! I can't get anywhere near your cornering speeds!
Good idea re. replacing front swaybay for khana. Plenty of khana cars dont run any front swaybar. I so cbf doing that though lol

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
A few pics from today's motorkhana, looked fast as always!

IMG_7786.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
hmm, worth playing with something adjustable?

shame you cant come to the nats, ill be the only micra there now.

got any tips for wakefield?

what about brake pads? you happy with the QFM A1RM pads?

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Definetly late apex the final hairpin Trav! it is a fun track in a micra. I battled for a while whether use 3rd for turn 2, but I've decided that 2nd is the way to go. Watch some of the vids in my previous page for some line ideas!

QFM pads are great - no pad fade yet. Really liking them. I've also used the Lucas/trw pads and they do a good job too and are a bit cheaper

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
well after much faffing around my newly purchased Mullholland replica intake plenum is in and running. Made from a mix a toyota, micra and custom fabrication this little part has been around the forums for a while. I'm hoping it gives me some power gains over the stock funny shaped intake.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMGP3261compressed.jpg

I still have some idle tuning to sort out, but ill do a timed run shortly to see if its given any gain or not! Running with a ga15tb at the moment, but it has the bolt holes to suit a sr20 also.

Ive also ordered a set of meduim compound Toyo R888s from the UK so I hope to have them fitted up shortly.

My upcoming events are a hillclimb on the 21 oct, wakefield park track day on 24 oct, motorkhana on 3 nov, and hillcimb on 18 nov! might try and fit in a few supersprints too...

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
I wish it did grow there by itself Frank! Although I did learn some new tricks such as using brakecleaner etc for finding vacuum leaks!

Ty I'm doing a speed of the streets day with my friend with the mr2 - I’ve got a racechrono GPS laptimer already lined up to borrow from a work friend, but if that falls though id be keen to borrow yours.

Maybe so RTK - but thanks! :)

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"well after much faffing around my newly purchased Mullholland replica intake plenum is in and running. Made from a mix a toyota, micra and custom fabrication this little part has been around the forums for a while. I'm hoping it gives me some power gains over the stock funny shaped intake.
I still have some idle tuning to sort out, but ill do a timed run shortly to see if its given any gain or not! Running with a ga15tb at the moment, but it has the bolt holes to suit a sr20 also.

Very interested in the answer to this as it's just about exactly what I want to do to my engine, what was the much flaffing about? Vacumn leaks obviously but anything else?

Idle tune makes sense, much else to sort out?

Your using the stock ECU from memory? right? No cams yet?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Fluffing about with vacuum lines maybe? Cause the plenum had one out let piece but had a hole for another connection, maybe that's what his fluffing about was

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Finally fixed the idle on the weekend, and had another hillclimb. Unfortunately I didnt beet my previous pb an only got down to a 50.96sec lap.

Ill do some timed runs shortly to compare to my baseline before swapping intake.

Very interested in the answer to this as it's just about exactly what I want to do to my engine, what was the much flaffing about? Vacumn leaks obviously but anything else?

Idle tune makes sense, much else to sort out?

Your using the stock ECU from memory? right? No cams yet?

Faffing about just in relation to chasing vacuum leaks, otherwise everything else was quite straight forward.

yeah stock ecu but with an (untunned) piggy back Apexi Safc-2

no, no cams yet...

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"where did you buy those tail lights?

Yahoo Japan.

In other news my new Toyo R888s are on now to try and get them scrubbed in for this weekends hillclimb, and then another Wakefield day next week :D

Also have rear whiteline adjustable trailing arms in and aligned. Alignment couldn't get the rear to totally 0 toe, but the main reason I got them is to remove flex from the rear suspension, and for that they should do nicely!

Back