My new k11 lx

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
thanks RB,

I bought them before I got this lx so I got black as it would work with most car colors - but I wonder if bronze or silver would have been better... otherwise very happy with them.

blue bumpers are on for a bit of fun, but they are growing on me! will eventually get them sprayed white.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Project update -

Replaced both front bearings, ordered Jun flywheel, got 185/55 r14 Kumho Ku31's on the globe copies to use as daily wheels and keeping the RPF1's and toyos for hillclimb etc.

New years resolution is to compete at some interstate events - starting with Wollongong (Huntley) Hillclimb 19 Feb and then Marulan Time Trial on 25 Feb.

Went for an great drive the other wk end to test the new tyres, Canberra to the Snowys and back (doing the alpine way loop from Jindabyne, Khancoban, Cabramurra). Road was sealed, but ducked off road into Vic for a photo: http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/CopyofIMGP9211crop2.jpg

Got a long list of things to fix/update shortly, including paint!

Cheers

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Looking forward to Huntley! Some of the Sydney members should come down for a run, still plenty of places left and I reckon most of them could do it for free...

I'll have to give that run a go, I did the Snowy Mountains Highway from Cooma through to Tumut recently, was a good drive!!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Huntley Hillclimb last weekend was good fun, but definitely a power track, I was flat out the whole way up and didn't need to brake :)

Have a Time trial at Marulan tomorrow which should be good fun.

Also in the next weeks ill be busy as I have a a new waterpump, jun flywheel, clutch and braille battery sitting here which im hoping to install before next hillclimb on 11 March, and then trackday at wakefield with the porsche club on the 12th!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
hell yeah ty! thanks heaps. I ended up getting a pb of 1:18.39 in the micra - was a great day

also next time ill try not say anything when getting videotaped - I sound like a fool!

edit: the vid above is clearly a 911, it was a Porsche club trackday where i drove the k11 much of the day. However I was lucky enough to get to drive my 1st 911 also (and ty was able to capture on vid for posterity!)

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
thanks antos, much appreciated

Mick - qualifying was in the damp, which enabled me to post a faster time then some much more expensive machinery! It dried up pretty quick to be a fine day (ps your old ohlins are still going strong!)

Thanks again Ty for all the media coverage :)

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Thanks guys! I think one of the laps in that video got me a 1:19.03, later on in the day I was able to neaten my lines and bag a 1:18.39, which when you compare to a fast time for an evo/911 turbo of 1:07, still needs some improvement!

Seb - the camera is ty's 'go pro', very easy to use and setup.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"thanks antos, much appreciated

Mick - qualifying was in the damp, which enabled me to post a faster time then some much more expensive machinery! It dried up pretty quick to be a fine day (ps your old ohlins are still going strong!)

Thanks again Ty for all the media coverage :)

ah good to hear :)
Wish I had found a full set (front and rear) when I bought them.
Don't you have a set of BC's?

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Don't you have a set of BC's?

I do but as yet i haven't used the rear BC dampners - just the ohlins. rear springs and perches are all BC. At some point ill test the BC dampners , but so far im happy. The only trouble i have with the ohlins is that the adjustment knobs are a bit temperamental and not very precise

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
If I remember correctly (could be thinking of a different set), you can remove the adjustment piece on those and there is a set of mixed lengths adjustment rods inside, could benefit from lubricating them? Or just removing them to make sure there is no crap in there jamming them up.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
spent 4 nights after work last week working on this... installed JUN 3.6kg flywheel, exedy clutch and nismo engine mounts. I'm hoping the mounts will stop wheel hop in the motorkhana.

I received my cg10 crankshaft pulley last week. Doesn't have the dampner in it, saving approx 1 kg of rotating mass. I'm interested to see if the NVH increases notably.

Also, thanks to MickB, I am now the proud owner of a Maxim Works Stainless 4-1 extractors and full system. Hopefully to be installed this week.

Im hoping all the above should help lower my PB at the local hillclimb!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
just found this

DSC0509-X2.jpg

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Exhaust system is in! Great quality, and thanks again to Mick! Bonus that i hadn't though of is the huge weight saving of the stainless extractors vs the stock cast iron. Car feels great round the tighter stuff now.

I wish I was more diligent in weighing everything ive taken off, but with the battery relocation, 3.6kg flywheel, new exhaust, and removal of the stock tow hooks/tie downs, ive been able to take a lot of weight out from in front of the wheels where it counts!

next even is hillcimb on the 29th, so im hoping to lower my PB by 1 second (50.5 is what I'm aiming for!). Still some work to do before then, namely resting the ride height at the front given all the weight lost

cheers

Attachments

• 77029.jpg
    77029.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 29

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Another successful day racing - lowered my PB for the SDMA hillclimb to 50.77, almost a second faster that my previous PB.

Changes ive made since the last hilclimb, and largely the reason for the improvement, include relocated battery, JUN flywheel and new exhaust. Just goes to show the value of these tried and tested mods!

ill post a pick or two later on.

cheers

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Come on Joel, you have a spare motor to play with! They say the three C's to make power are Cam, Carbs, Compression. You will have the Cam(s) and you have the Carbs (bigger TB), all you need is the Compression!!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
busy wk end coming up, SAU texi-khana on Saturday and Motorkhana on Sunday. Havent competed at the texi-khana before so it should be fun mixing it with the Skylines. Ty will give me a run for my money with his new Hankooks!

Next weekend will be running at a supersprint at wakefield - need to get in practice before the Classic Skylines event (with a potential k11 trophy if we can get more people in!?)

should be fun.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
and apparently ty has been taking secret videos - one from outside the car for perspective :)

Its very good fun, but some of the real tighter corners(like the 270deg turns in the vid) are hard to spin round in a fwd!

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"and apparently ty has been taking secret videos - one from outside the car for perspective :)

<a href="" title="" target="_blank"></a>

Its very good fun, but some of the real tighter corners(like the 270deg turns in the vid) are hard to spin round in a fwd!

Need double rear swaybar mate!

Back