My new k11 lx

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Hi All,

Ive been around for a while, and owned an slx for a couple of years doing some minor mods to it. Ive always wanted to get an lx (lighter and better for my needs then a super s), and last month I finally found one in Melbourne that looked like this...

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/IMG_1040.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/reardisks.jpg

Mods list has been updated since original post and is currently roughly as follows.

Installed so far:
Super S rear disks (woot!!),
Apexi Safc2
Whiteline F&R swaybars, panhard rod, droplinks, caster kit, camber kit
Nismo Strut brace
Two polly rear trailing arm bushings
BC coilovers
Super S interior
Exedy HD clutch and JUN 3.6kg flywheel
Redline MTL trans fluid
CG10 dampened crank pulley - 700g lighter than the cg13 version
ga15 TB
Ohlins rear dampners
Bride side mount seat rail and Sparco seat
Braille b14115 lightweight battery, relocated under the passenger seat with a FIA cut off swich
Super S front and rear bars (needs paint)
Maxim works stainless 4-1 extractors and 2 inch stainless mandrel bent system

Wheels:

Enkei RPF1's 15x7 +35 with Toyo r1r 195/50 r15
'globes' 14x6 +20? with Kumho v700s
Watanabe 14x6 with 185/55 r14

Parts ive binned:
Rear seats and belts etc
Sound system
rear wiper and motor
rear brake light
the thick sound deadening under front seats
front tow hooks and transport mounts

Parts i have but still to put on:

Aspect fiberglass front fenders
pulsar n14 calipers and rda disks goodridge braided lines
SUper S side rear windows (one in so far...)
japanese cg13de - low km
micra.com.au sticker!
Hurricane 4-2-1 extractors, now superseded by the below!

Parts i anticipate buying/installing in the coming weeks/months:

After this stage I think i should be very content for a while! I enjoy competing at the local hillclimb, but I still want the micra to be fun on the roads. I'm not fussed with massive power, and will always keep it na. Ive still got the slx too, she has been a great car to me.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the knowledge and help provided.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff368/climberjoel/caper.jpg

Current PB's:
SDMA Hillclimb - 50.77sec
Wakefield Park - 1:18.39
MG Car Club Motorkhana - 2nd outright, 1st in class

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

mycra what is race stage 1? but thanks for the heads up

lowered the rear susp last night and installed ohlins, wheel alignment today, swapping more stuff saturday, and race on sunday :)

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

" can supply RDA/DBA, Exedy HD(Datrats or standard), Race stage 1 ...

also have a Jap spec CG13de Head and Goodridge lines.

pm me whenever man..

stage 1 comes in ceramic, organic and ceramic cusion button. basically step up from HD. better friction materials, stronger diaframe, triple drive straps and better piviot point mod. Had to be custom just like 190mm datrats HD.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
for now just straight! (slight toe out on front).

LF was at +5.2deg toe out and the panhard rod had the rear axelout 2cm to the right after all the suspension changes. now 0.3deg toe out both sides, and axel is straight. Apparently the supension guy couldnt get any neg camber out of the bc strut tops whithout fouling, so ill look into that, or put in my camber bolts. Id like to run around -2deg camber on the front.

Got confirmation for my motorkhana entry tyrie, thanks, looking forward to it!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
ndxxx WROTE:

"-2.0 camber is perfect dude

some on the rear helps too :)

Attachments

• 64135.jpg
    64135.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 47

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
can you get -2deg using the bolts? It doesnt surprise me that you cant get any out of the top, there isnt much room to move.

Does more than -2deg induce traction issues?

Good news re. khana, you'll love it :D

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
to be honest i have no idea how i got that much neg camber on the front, i dont know what camber bolts are in it, i set it in for a wheel alignment and told them i wanted as much neg camber as possible and it came out with -4 one side and -4.4 or something on the other...

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
yeah according to whiteline the camber bolts are only good for -1.5 deg. Although you can run two on either side (one on top and one on bottom) for more - but then youve got all your suspension held up with undersized bolts which are known to slip occasionally....

thats where franks technique comes in handy.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
did some timed testing today, rolling in second gear, floor throttle start timing at 2000rpm stop timing at 6500rpm. Full tank with passenger, 8 runs, 4 in either direction.

Stock engine average: 7.42sec
GA15de Throttle body, stock everything else, average: 6.99sec

Pretty happy with that and the TB should keep on improving once i free up the rest of the intake system and exhaust.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
thanks darthpunk, full photo credits go to my girlfriend though! id always wanted a white one, and its living up to all my expectations!

ndxxx ill make sure i keep measuring what i do and posting - the amount of help ive gotten from old posts in this forum makes me hope i can put something back.

Also at the recent hillclimb i got a pb of 53.63 (making all the mods all the more satisfying!), although fellow forum member tyrie is keeping me honest with a 55.45 with nothing but 185/55 semi slicks!

motorkhana on the 3rd should be sweet!

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"did some timed testing today, rolling in second gear, floor throttle start timing at 2000rpm stop timing at 6500rpm. Full tank with passenger, 8 runs, 4 in either direction.

Stock engine average: 7.42sec

GA15de Throttle body, stock everything else, average: 6.99sec

Pretty happy with that and the TB should keep on improving once i free up the rest of the intake system and exhaust.

Ga15 tb will give you dead spots in low-mid range, also if you have a/c idle motor wont compensate and stall. it shaves less than half second, but how often do you full throttle) try 2-4800k see if it makes any difference ;)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I would assume he is at full throttle pretty much 100% of the time when it counts (on the track).

Good stuff Joel :) Lora is bringing her k11 to wakefield on the 9th (I'll be in the 1600), you should come! (Unless you are entering hillclimb the next day, I'm not lol almost fell off my chair when I saw the price!)

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
I dont have ac (happyly!).

I agree with the flat spot under low throttle mycra, and its definetly not ideal and ill try and adress it down the road. I might do some timing under part thottle later on (although ill need an even longer road!!).

Also as tyrie said, alot of my driving is on the track (with full and part throttle) so im happy to sacrifice some low range if i can get more top end. Half a second is huge to me.

Yeah no hillclimb in april for me tyrie, but thanks for the heads up for Wakie, ill have a think about it!

Cheers

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Time from today? I got 191.92sec. I have a few pics of you guys, they are quite hilarious the micra sits so flat you can only tell how hard you are going by how much your heads are leaning lol

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
No hillclimb yesterday? Sorry I was a bit preoccupied when you said hi...

I did a low 49 in the datsun, so happy with that! The guy in the orange gemini coupe was out on what looked like toyo r1r's and was doing 51s, pretty sure he was doing 56s last time out!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
hey mate its all good i understood you were busy! Id like to check out your 510 someother time tho, looks sweet. last hillclimb just wasnt going to work for me- but super stocked to hear your time! When i saw that your first run was a 51 i was expecting you to get under 50's!

Ive just ordered some r1r's so im excited to see how they compare!

cheers

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
haha thanks for the pic buddy!

Im not sure my times - ill just wait till the e-mail. I really struggled on the last two layouts. I didnt like that the second track was much the same all day - not that thats the problem, they were just so tight that there wasnt much fun.

I enjoyed watching you in the datsun, was very entertaining!

I'm looking forward to testing the r1r's at the hillclimb - gonna try keep up with your datto! :) (ive been looking at renaut clios too, that guy at the hillclimb has gotten into the 46's hasnt he?)

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Yeah Reece is doing rediculous times in his clio, but he's a freak driver and would do awesome times no matter what he was driving! I'm looking at the model before his one, the 182, preferable F1.

I'm not sure if I'll have the datsun at the hillclimb, kinda ruined my street tyres at the khana lol

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
hey mate just wondering if you can tell me the sizing on the RPF1's? i like them alot didnt think theyd look that good in such small sizes :)

EDIT: sorry just saw in the first post lol, keep up the good work!

Back