• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My micra blog by Alex (Alexx117)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
Sorry i havnt really introduced myself even though ive been on here a few months now and posted a few times but hey, im Alex and im from Hereford which is in the west midlands near enough Wales! :laugh: ive decided to finally start up a blog after all this time but to be honest and i wouldnt have had a lot to write about cause ive been busy.

Anyway on to the micra, im probably the only one in hereford with serious thoughts about modifications to my micra even though ive seen as few drive past me with Aftermarket alloys on and one with a big backbox but never heard off them since. i have a k11 1.0l base model and to be honest i didnt like the car at first until i drove it and realised how much of a great car it really is and how fast it is for a 1.0! then basically fell in love with it ever since :blush:.
My reason for getting it is because i smashed up my 1.3 rust bucket of a fiesta into a 55 plate honda accord and loved it should have seen the guys face! ha.

The modifications so far are:

Cone filter (sat straight on inlet) lol
Enkei alloys from a suzuki ignis sport
super s dials
painted center console and my special bubble round dials white
2x 10" boss subs enclosed with a 450W amp does the job well
2x 450w kenwood 6x9's + standard door speakers
blue LED sidelights
Dodgyly sprayed tail lights HAHA

i did have nissan almera GTI alloys but i managed to burnout the tyres so the enkei alloys with brand new tyres for £92 was a bargain

Any way a few shots of the micra earliest to new (sorry the earliest i got is with the gti alloys):

dsc00132j.jpg

dsc00179a.jpg

dsc00178l.jpg

dsc00180d.jpg

yeah i love enkei wheels too!..

and i havnt got a photo of the super s dials at the moment, ill take a photo when i go out in a minute for you, i still havnt wired up the rev counter yet though im pretty sure its either pin2 on the ecu or the blue wire from the dizzy then going into the second wire up on the right of the right plug on the back of the dials.:grinning:

any ideas on what to do next? i know theres a super s in the scrappy which i got the dials off so im gunna get the bumpers and ive already got the spoiler just need to get it sprayed.

yeah i was wondering if the wheels were actually gunna look all right, i had my doubts but it turned out good.
couldnt complain for 92 quid but the only downside was the centre bore on the alloys was 54 and the micra is 59.1.
the back wheels went on fine but the front ones were a different story they were wobbling at 30 and making a lot of horrible noises, so i invested in 10mm spacers from halfrauds as i was in dire need of them seen as my car was so unsafe at the time and its stopped the centre bored touching (Y)

the handling is soooo much better aswel i love it could be because i was used to driving with wrecked tyres which were pretty much slicks.

anyway pics of the super s dials

dsc00181.jpg

yeah i was wondering if the wheels were actually gunna look all right, i had my doubts but it turned out good.
couldnt complain for 92 quid but the only downside was the centre bore on the alloys was 54 and the micra is 59.1.
the back wheels went on fine but the front ones were a different story they were wobbling at 30 and making a lot of horrible noises, so i invested in 10mm spacers from halfrauds as i was in dire need of them seen as my car was so unsafe at the time and its stopped the centre bored touching (Y)

the handling is soooo much better aswel i love it could be because i was used to driving with wrecked tyres which were pretty much slicks.

anyway pics of the super s dials

dsc00181.jpg

same happened with my alloys haha .. sounded like a milk float until i got the spacers :)

Haha yeah did sound like a milk float, i was so paranoid about my wheels i was praying to god they didnt come off cuz of the noise it was making was terrible & the wobble, i had no music on at all and was just listening out for any sound. when i go to a garage n they touch my wheel nuts i have to go home n make sure theyre tight :laugh:

yeah i was thinking about lowering it maybe 40 or 50 mm ive got 195/45/r15's on would there be any problem?

thanks, has anyone got any lying around they need to get rid of? i know matt sells them but im short of money at the moment

i finally got my rev counter sorted, didnt realise how much i missed having a rev counter :( just took a wire from the distributor, 12v from the radio and used the earth already there works a treat and the clock, except one thing now my temperature gauge is knackered. it flickers when i start the car and shoots to the bottom then when i turn it off it shoots to the top. Anyone experienced this before?

well today.. i went and bought some white primer and white paint in nissan arctic white ;) and colour coded the boot handle and door handles, but waiting for the door handles to dry. im thinking about doing the wingmirrors aswel? i will get pictures up when its dried and ive fitted them back on :D

The temperature gauge will probably be due to a dodgy or knocked connection, because the plug the rev counter works off of is also used to the temperature gauge, the clock like, and probably some other things.

Aye it could be but i cant be bothered to take it all apart for the time being it will have to do lol but heres some pics of the colour coding

dsc00193k.jpg

dsc00194rwv.jpg

Like it (Y) Only thing I would say is loose the GTR badge. So many people have put them on, then removed them cause they get laughed at.

just a heads up the lights are illgal* as you have painted the reflectors ...just a heads up m8

its allright ive had a few police cars/vans follow me and do nothing, theyre quite leniant round where i live so its all good anyway update:

Just bought a black micra sr, hyundai's in fact and i love it! i think i will end up keeping it standard though looks nice as it is and is fast enough.

Thanks, i dont own the white car anymore i sold it to a friend as his trusty french car just fell apart ;) but unfortunatly as many people will know, he went into the back of me so we're in the process of repairing it and getting it looking smart.

Im now only using the SR blog by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back