Custom cpc bellmouth sheet metal intake plenum
rb25det throttle body
525cc Xspurt injectors
Custom cpc fuel rail
Turbosmart fpr 800
Walbro 550hp fuel pump, custom fuel line
Tomei Arms M7960 Turbocharger Kit
Custom Cpc exhaust manifold hpc coated
Custom dump pipe HPC coated (rum city exhaust bundaberg)
xforce high flow cat
Varex xforce muffler VMK10-250
2.5" pipes
PWR 600 x 300 aero 2 intercooler
4" inline filter with trumpet breather
Turbosmart plumb back bov
Turbosmart eboost 2
Oil cooler relocator
Custom aluminium overflow bottle
Custom radiator support
Custom twin core radiator
Nismo guage cluster
Oil pressure,oil temp,stoich,boost guages
TWM gtir ball bearing short shifter
SPAX adjustable suspension (fixed height)
Whiteline sway bars front and rear, caster kit
Whiteline Adjustable trailing arms
Whiteline lower strut brace
K-MAC Adjustable strut tops
Cusco top strut brace
500hp custom NPC clutch
Custom 4.3kg one piece billet NPC revsolution flywheel
stainless steel teflon brake lines
ADV22F brake calipers
RDA Golds slotted and dimpled brake rotors front and rear
HKB boss kit
Genuine sparco steering wheel
Enkei 15x7 et 38's kumho Ecsta ku31 195/45/15
Angel eyes head lights
LED tail lights
Clear side indicators
Badboy bonnet
UNQ design front bumper side skirts and rear bumper
Import guard grill inserts (cut out from japan import guards)
Rust and ding removal
Fresh paint job
Heron White / Zircon moonbeam pearl
Custom Super S seats

More than likely a Link ecu havent decided on model yet
coil packs and igniters to be decided upon
Lots of money spent over the years lots to go to finish but i'm determined to see this through :)
Regardless of peoples opinions I.E My missus would rather see it burn lol

bits and pieces are everywhere atm while things are being made when i get it all back ill post photo's of it all :)

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
this was the car

Attachments

• 75092.jpg
    75092.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 37

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Pretty big spec and interesting to see custom valves & springs bought into the mix. I'm surprised to see no mention of junking the standard followers though. You junking them for solids or leaving the OEM items?

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:

"Pretty big spec and interesting to see custom valves & springs bought into the mix. I'm surprised to see no mention of junking the standard followers though. You junking them for solids or leaving the OEM items?

Standard ones are more than adequate if adjusted man

Tony WROTE:

"Nice work mate! Lookout Kovert someones coming for ya!!

+1 for bring it lol.
Mickb WROTE:

"SSUK WROTE:<BR><BR>"Pretty big spec and interesting to see custom valves &amp; springs bought into the mix. I'm surprised to see no mention of junking the standard followers though. You junking them for solids or leaving the OEM items?"</DIV><BR><BR>Standard ones are more than adequate if adjusted man

pending if your gonna rev it, i'd be pissing of the factory hydro's, last thing you want to be doing is relying on oil pressure to keep valves where they should be in a buit engine imo

Majiga WROTE:

"yes ive been putting much thought into the oil and water pumps not exactly sure which way im going to go about it yet if anyone has any suggestions im all ears

kinda really depends how much your going to rev it, what the car is going to be used for, what sort of breather system, how much boost, etc. if its going to be track, baffled sump, etc

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
we'll my first turbo micra was written off by a 75 year old not lookin at the road t-boned me. i started buying parts to rebuild and intended just to build the car for myself. one thing leads to another we all know how it is lol. I was planning to do whatever i could in the car as in track work, hill climb, 1/4 mile. And i could have done all this to my bmw and had a 700 hp weapon but i love my micra for the simple underdog factor no wank in his v8 commodore or falcon ever thinks your going to smoke the wheels in a cloud past them at 100 klm the look on their face is bloody mastercard. I'm 100% no expert when it comes to all this stuff ive had a hell of a lot of help and had a lot of things systematically go wrong. But im going to make it as powerful as i can :) Alot of thx goes to Kovert and the guys that helped build his car for setting me a benchmark to hit that helped a ****load for that i'll always be appreciative and for this site that keeps this small community in the know.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
:)
shimless CR ones would be an option eh (probably QG too, being as GA,s use the same as CG)
you order them to what thickness you want, but the CR valvestems are 2mm longer tho (which leaves a 2mm gap to fill, or 2mm of seat to cut)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

":)

shimless CR ones would be an option eh (probably QG too, being as GA,s use the same as CG)

you order them to what thickness you want, but the CR valvestems are 2mm longer tho (which leaves a 2mm gap to fill, or 2mm of seat to cut)

That's assuming you make do with something from the Nissan range Frank. There's quite a few options out there which require minimal work ;)

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Yes im still doing all of those things no point having a car like this without the fun. As for the head Ben Stevenson from Bundaberg engine centre is doing all the work he has been doing this since highschool with his dad so he is a bit of an expert when it comes to all this and he is the only one i could find with a flow bench it hasnt even hit his bench yet but when i get all the specs and whatnot for the valves and springs shims etc that he comes up with, he said we'll just get everything made custom (gotta love old school mates)
but i'll have all the info on what gets done for everyone to use. providing this build even works to what i imagine it to im hoping its going to be a little bit of a freak :)

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
gear box was modified before i got it so whats been done to it i have no idea or what it came out of. if anyone has anyway to identiy the boxes i'd love to know thats always been an annoying mystery of my car.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Spoke to benny today about the head. There will be no increase in the size of the valves just getting them made from scratch in stainless steel throwing in a heavy spring from god knows what vehicle. with the jun retainers and standard shims. He assures me it will take one hell of a floggin right up to 12,000 rpm which ill never hit :)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Majiga WROTE:

"Spoke to benny today about the head. There will be no increase in the size of the valves just getting them made from scratch in stainless steel throwing in a heavy spring from god knows what vehicle. with the jun retainers and standard shims. He assures me it will take one hell of a floggin right up to 12,000 rpm which ill never hit :)

If you spec a good spring its possible to make it work. The stock springs are pretty soft and once you go agressive on the profile the top shims can get spat out. Opting for a solid follower removes that possibility entirely and coupled with a Ti retainet reduces valvetrain mass further so you don't have to go too heavy on a spring, which pays you back in lower cam loads and also wear.

Most don't bothet with larger valves but there is scope there using a special gasket. On a big build it's worth considering at the very least as +1mm oversize in the inlet is circa 10% more flow area, which is worth it if you're ordering SS valves anyway.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Great to see someone like you putting much effort and money into making ur project micra mate!!

You're an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others as well... How much horse are you planning to achieve by spending these load of cash on all the good stuffs?

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
I can't put a figure on here for people to scoff at hehe gotta get it built and all working first one thing to have a pile of parts, making them all work in sync is another. Everything takes so damn long to be made by hand. I'll get it together get some numbers up and we'll see what kinda figures ill pull.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
nah they be dream figures id think. you have to really engineer the crap out of one to get those kind of figures. tbh i think ill be lucky to see 300bhp more like hard pressed. but if the motor can handle 2 bar boost on e85 and hold together who knows what kind of numbers will come out. it will all come down to tweaking. ive spoken to matthew humphris constantly during this build and he has mates with micra exceeding 250 bhp. I'm hoping the cryo freezing of all (hot) parts of the motor will help with thermal expansion and cooling in the closed deck. extra room with the head gasket for air and fuel should make a little more room for the tomei to push through for a little more bang. IF the head studs hold it all together. I'm going to post dyno video's and what not when it gets run in and tuned. it'll be a little while yet. good things take time so im finding out.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
crank is finished being nitrated and balanced head block pistons rings and gudgeon pins all been cryo frozen. motor is on the way back getting ready to head to the flow bench. got my ti retainers springs and valves also 2mm aspect head gasket is in the mail. putting motor together in a month i hope, still waiting on one piece flywheel.

Back