My little beast

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"I'm keen to see how this drives. Sounds like good chance of lag lag lag WHEELSPIN!

that 7960 looks about the same spec as my TD05, and mine,s a big pussycat :)
my T15,s were the manic ones, they spooled up in miliseconds, and acted like an on/off switch.
where-as the TD05 has a very soft/straight powerband that gathers steam at the same rate as the tacho needle

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Finding compressor maps for the ARMS 7960 is rather challenging but from what I can find out it's a little closer to a TD05-20G, so in a CG13 boost threshold is more likely to be 4000rpm or more and that turbo will 'JUST' be getting into it's peak efficiency range at 8500rpm, so will be sat very much on the left hand side of the compressor map. It'll probably have enough flow to feed a CG13 to 10k so that's a pretty big snail there ;)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
SSUK WROTE:

"Finding compressor maps for the ARMS 7960 is rather challenging but from what I can find out it's a little closer to a TD05-20G, so in a CG13 boost threshold is more likely to be 4000rpm or more and that turbo will again 'JUST' be getting into it's peak efficiency range at 8500rpm and it'll probably have enough flow to feed a CG13 to 10k. Pretty big snail there ;)

ahh, interesting ta dave :) i doubt mine will ever reach 1/2 its design speed (100k + rpm usually aint it ?) because its designed for a 2.0 L 300hp engine, which has far more exhaust gasses to push that impeller around eh.
but the bonus for me is that the intake charge is only heated minimally @ the slow compressor speed, and there has been no sign of det (28 deg sunshine all week) running with no intercooler, and 5 deg of spark retard (set @ 10 deg btd)

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Here's an overlay using the Tomei ARMS 7760 turbo as a guide, (ARMS 7960 is pretty non existent on the WWW). Flow calculations have been based on a 1293cc engine assuming a typical 0.5mm overbore.

Attachments

• 77925.jpg
    77925.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
$800 for the rotors after postage, rims cost me $1200 brakes i picked up for $120 bucks put an $80 kit through them and got new app brake lines $280 bendix ultimates $190 for the front $80 for the rear about $2750 for rims front and back brakes set up

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Stole barbie's back brakes too lol

Block has finally been machined, bored and honed did away with the nissan timing chain got myself high performance chain for $40 through the engine builder. ill post pics if i can of the chain at the end of the week. Still waiting on valves and springs. All porting and polishing happening this week, can finally get everything coated in ceramic. Sorted out adjustable cam gears at the machining shop. Made a front support out of 2mm stainless to move the radiator over an inch to fit the turbo. Got kmac suspension making me adjustable strut tops. Put the cheap ass bodykit into the fiberglass shop to be made properly. All in all its slowly coming together. stuck at - do i paint first or do i get it going first. either way its gonna cost alot lol.

Attachments

• 79418.jpg
    79418.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 41

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
5 months later the super flo valves and springs from the states get here tuesday yay!! Now i can start putting this beast together.
Exhaust flange plate fixed with 33mm holes instead of 39mm ><
fiberglass bodykit fully double layered for strengthening $200 cant complain (if you seen how flimsy it was you'd expect another layer lol)brand new power steering rack from the uk $280 scored there nissan want $1200. Kmac have now finished my adjustable strut tops for standard style struts $486 (stage 3 race) i'll post pics when they arrive. i dare say he kept his templates people may be able to get them from him now i've had a set made.

Attachments

• 80181.jpg
    80181.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 49

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Majiga WROTE:

"nah i sent standard valves and springs from the head to them so they could work from those. cost is about $800 from what i remember.

Was that including postage? Didn't any shops her want to do it?

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
not sure it was all part of the head work package from Benny at (Bundaberg engine centre). i chose the valves benny sent em away got it ordered. i couldnt order from ferrea unless i was an engine builder, reseller or a race team etc etc. So i left that in the hands of benny.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Cars at the painters, decided in the end to go with Commodore VE Heron White. The guards I bought with the fancy side grills don't fit properly due to the size difference in thickness from japan to euro in the guard support. Going to cut a hole in the support to fit the grills. The bonnet skin won't fit and after looking at it properly would have looked stoopid anyway. Side skirts are rough as guts and need straightening but all doable and will be fancy looking in a few weeks time.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
More sadness at the painter front bumper doesn't fit from the kit its too wide to meet up with the guards, rear bumper mounting point is a whole 4 inches out of place. the guards like an inch thinner up against the door, huge gap between door and guard. so im cutting out the fancy flutes from the fiberglass guards and Sikaflex the bastards into the standard guards.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
exhaust flange replaced and machined with 33mm holes instead of 39mm to match the diameter inside of the pipes and seal right on the head. Just waiting on the valves to physically turn up and i can get it all ceramically coated ready for erection lol.

Attachments

• 81149.jpg
    81149.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Thx Rudy. Yup still going folks 10 grand loan in the bank to finish the bastard. None of the mechanics in my town want to touch it. I had to book it in, in toowoomba. At forced performance and i still had a 3 month wait. But at least they said yes.

Back