My little beast

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Bit of Bling got valve cover painted and block powder coated. Now i can send it off to be bored and honed ready to put my bottom end together. :)

Attachments

• 76278.jpg
    76278.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 45

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
yeah gold rims will be white pearl paint put on the super s once i get the bumper kit and side skirts, my intercooling pipes are also yellow as is the sump lmfao and timing cover might do the outer shells on my alternator. battery box engine mounts. no stone left unturned lol

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
oh well done a full circle rust in the front crossmember of the super s just like the lx trying to get repco to get hold of the front section for me from all crash parts, passed the roadworthy till old mate put his light underneath to let me know it's just as rusted as the lx. can't even put it on the road till its fixed. gonna put me back a bit further on the build. nothing is done quickly in bundaberg lol

30? that's low boost lol. you don't need to run 8.2:1 comp to run 30psi. imo it'll be a bit sluggish off boost. 8.5:1 atleast, id be more inclined to go closer to 9.0:1 personally. you'll be able to do what you want and still use pump fuel without sacrificing much off boost

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Majiga WROTE:

"they do in the 1.3l starlets and getting over 300 hp no reason we can't with our little nissan donks

I think they would have the same problem as what you would if your pushing 300+hp, and thats traction!

I also think running a 2mm HG with 8.2comp pistons will cause problems low down, due to increase the Combustion Chamber volume and reducing the stroke (distance of top of the piston to the top of the block) and why not chase a 3 stage 1mm aluminium HG instead?

TMRS has dealt with heaps of turboed/hi comp NA engines from what I have read and who I have spoken too, I wouldnt take his advice lightly

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
lol you fellas are funny ill finish building my car then u guys can have ya 2 bobs till then im far from finished fine tuning. advice and opinions are great input always helps although i have my own plans. hardest part is finding a car worth putting the motor and gear into every one i find has bent control arms and rusted crossmembers.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
app teflon stainless brakes lines arrived from japan today made to suit k11 from rhd japan

Edit - pieces of crap dont suit a k11 micra at all. maybe in japan, but not any euro model. learnt this the hard way.

Attachments

• 77758.jpg
    77758.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Hey Majiga,

nice build thread, quick question though..

How has the vinyl dye worked for you so far on the interior plastics, did you blowtorch away the release agents from the plastic?

I'm looking to use those vinyl dye spray cans myself so I'm just curious of the quality? has it scratched off at all yet or is everything nice?

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
nah clean it right with wax and grease remover wipe it off before it dries if u can and after you spray it on do your 5-6 coats in an hour let it sit some where for a week untouched it will cure then it seems to be pretty durable hard knocks will take off the coating but i havent had any problems yet

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
How close is that turbo to your radiator? And what are you going to do as the way of cooling? Aluminum Radiator? Thicker Radiator?

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
radiator being moved over an inch to the passenger side and the turbo sits just infront of the radiator piping is being made to put air filter in my bumper like a ram pod. intercooling piping is last for me to sort out.

Back