• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MY little red celebration.

Thats a bit of a ####ter. Cut the bracket off, grind off the old bolt, weld a new one on the back and weld the bracket back on, or cut a bracket off of a scrap axle and weld on in place of yours?

I don't think I'd be inclined to use threaded bar for anything, its generally made of cheese.

The "Threaded bar is an expensive steel bolt with the head cut off. I would never use threaded bar haha.

Black wheels, open mouthed the grilles and repainted the badges gloss black, i'm still unsure of the wheel colour, note one side being black and the other still silver.
DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

Picture next to a friends VERY low hyundai accent.
DSC00154.jpg

Today i was given a cherry bomb back box for free so that shall be going on when i can persuade someone to weld it.
Still not got the panhard rod sorted, still not decided on wheel colour..
I'm no good at this haha.

moving on with it mate good, i'm not very good at it also but keep going,the more i go on the less cuts bangs i get.

I'm a vehicle technician! Haha, I know what i'm doing in general its just welding.. Everything i want doing to the car requires welding, by me or by someone.

Pooop, car is fubbared.

Clutch was juddering like crazy on my commute today, took it slow then when pulling into the car park the juddering stopped an hazaa no clutch, just go the car home time to diagnose :(

Now i'm in a situation where the new clutch is on but i cannot get the gearbox back on, i tried to be clever and leave the selector connected.. well it came off fine but shes not going back on..
Disconnect the selector and try again on sunday.

Checked the earth strap, connected to the started and it seems fine... anything else??? photos lol?

Seems this may be worse than i feared, the car will not roll in gear even with the clutch in...

Hmmm well my clutch adjuster is wound the whole way in which i assume its meant to be on a brand new clutch?
See what happens when i try to bump it.

Ok this isn't good...
The car will not roll in gear with the pedal down so the clutch wont disengage...
The starter wont turn the engine.. gah!
HELP!

Hmmmm...
Ok gearbox back off....
Clutch seems to be fitted correctly, release bearing was on and moving fine what the hell could i have done...
With the adjuster wound the whole way in the clutch felt like it was working but would not release felt like a really old clutch not a brand new one..
Really stuck now.

In other news.

I got frustrated with the clutch so took a break by taking my old Fannymold off in preparation for franks frankenfold.

DSCF4549.jpg

DSCF4547.jpg

Also got a bit hammer happy with the cat.
DSCF4543.jpg

DSCF4542.jpg

DSCF4541.jpg

I couldn't get the cat off so to make sure none of the ceramic rubbish went down and blocked up the system i undid the ARB and the backbox then flipped the whole exhaust upside down!

Well i managed to get everything back together so i assume so haha, the sticky up bit away from the flywheel.

LOL!!!!
Well i am a retard XD
Turns out my allignment tool doesnt really work XD
Basically the first motion shaft has bent the friction plate ALOT!!!
Easy fix i suppose.

Ok well good news, she lives moves works hazaa.
Got franks manifold on and it sounds awesome.

Bad news: running really lumpy idle is terrible and all over the plac,e with some throttle in it seems ok but seems very low on power when trying hard. Sometimes cuts out when i put the clutch in but it doesnt struggle to start. Checked and its running on all 4 and i've fiddled with the ignition timing but nothing, help!

Throttble body perhaps?
not too sure if this was such a problem with the later K11's.
Perhaps The Doctor will see your problem and post up shortly.

[EDIT= He did] lol (Y)

Back