• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Tom's Red Celebration

Bought the car back in February 2014 from a private seller. Only two previous owners and 67k on the clock at the time. Here's the 1.0 micra in all it stock glory, minus the hubcaps.
2oU7ffU.jpg

7849nOG.jpg

Excuse the plate :p Old image

Left the car for a while until I stumbled across this place. Oct 2015 now so next step: sportex exhaust, lowering springs,de chrome grill and remove boot badges.
XQC8gyD.jpg

EhXiGtD.jpg

Getting better but still missing some details. Onto silver steels, deleting and colour coding bump strips, plus I sourced a wrap around boot wing from an earlier K11. Same holes but needed new adhesive. Got the old one for free if someone can pick it up.
eK8lBU6.jpg

5Ckvjh8.jpg

Just need to refurb them steels now.

OP
OP
06thomash
Posted in my rear lights thread but got my pre face rear lights all fitted :)
EUPda8m.jpg

Happy with the car and the way it looks now. Wish I had a 1.3 instead of a 1.0 but that's the age old problem I guess. Runs good anyway.

[QUOTEWish I had a 1.3 instead of a 1.0 but that's the age old problem I guess. Runs good anyway.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't ever 1l owner? I'm looking at getting a 1.3, just a matter of time though, or I'll be stupid enough to put a 1.4 in my rotter :oops:

OP
OP
06thomash
Some updates good and bad.

Fitted Bilstein B4 shocks all round with chopped rsr springs on the front and standard rear alto for the rear
YtplEkx.jpg

aDcnK4F.jpg

While doing this though I discovered a hole in the driver side arch :(

sluesfW.jpg

It was the size of a 5p coin to start with and could've got bigger, but I didn't want to lose half my rear quarter so have patched it up for now to stop water getting in. Only the rear is like this and the passenger side is intact. Not sure what to do :/
XnepkhG.jpg

OP
OP
06thomash
Long time but still got W392 LMW :)

Passed last MOT with no advisories. Recent work is only a new o/s headlight since the old one had condensation. Changed the oil and filters since as well and lastely fitted the boltsbolts USDM sidelight kit.

New clocks
W5aqsho.jpg

SR wheels
Z62dot6.jpg

Spotted at Cribbs
qUIGWHl.jpg