• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MY little red celebration.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I like the brightness anyway haha.
Thanks man.
Got 20 more blue leds but that may be overkill.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

DSC00091-1.jpg

DSC00089-1.jpg

Few outside pics.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Car looks very good ! Much better with those white steelies than with the big blacked alloys imho !

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Thanks, Alloys where the same size they just had silly tyres, i prefer the steelies.
I still want to lower it but i may keep it as it is just to get me around for now.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Passed its mot with flying colors. Allowed 0.30 for CO2 got 0.02 with the 1.3 cams!

Started to open mouth the grille, i think the headlights need more black in them though. What is the legality with blacking of the mirrored section on the front indicators, much like Daniels?
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Also this is the remains of a Bently that our college have been slowly destroying.
DSC00123-1.jpg

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Think I'm gonna re-paint the inside of the headlights and i could have a free polo splitter lined up.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Lowered! took me good few hours to do and the front needs a little more lowering but its done and i'm happy.
Pictures tomorrow.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Looking good mate, and I have to say that it's always nice to see ones own car mentioned in relation to a modification someone does on their own car :grinning:. As for the legality, I haven't had any problems with it. I've got really bright side lights and indicators, so you can still see them clearly, even during the day (Y)

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Hmm i may re-do it then, i painted the inside of them ages ago but i avoided all the reflectors just incase haha.
I love your car Daniel its just so pretty.

Daniel

I WILL be back...
It's definitely worth doing, makes it look really tasty (Y). And thanks, just a shame it'll be gone in about a months time :(

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

lookin good davey (Y) you did,nt go for the 4 coils then :wasntme:

Bloody good thing i didn't! That's a 60mm drop already if I'd gone 4 i think my sump would have become my suspension haha.
Front springs are still captive, just, rears need some work but there ok as long as i don't jack it up.

Now i need something to straighten the pan hard. (Bushes please Fank :p.)

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

It was 2.5 front 3 rear, i think i want another half of the front though.
I'll PM you about bushes now.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
only thing banging up in the vid is my mashed cv joints and jack an tool in boot
and thems iz bigg speed humps at end of vid

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
them hellish ones down your road mate? they are insanely annoying

this b set up handles em good ,only need to angle it slightly on entry
franks a don like in them old hit men films :grinning: had the rear springs ready done, so only he knows the mystery to them

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hi, davey

I'm very happy for you :) Car looks great! Lowering it made a hell of a difference (Y)(Y)(Y)

Keep up with the good work!

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Btw, what do you think about clear side repeaters? It would match very well your white wheels and the red color...

102_1764.jpg

scaled.php

I'd go for it peposhi :grinning: Well, i did it on mine :upside:

img2993resize.jpg

Also think them white/clear indicators give a good contrast even when on winter tyres

761801541325657605136886.jpg

Cheers,

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

I'm going to re-smoke them they need it haha, re-sprayed the inside of the headlights and i'm on the look out for a splitter.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Lots of visual changes now, Steelies are gloss black, side repeaters are the same, headlights have been redone with the complete side reflector painted.
I have a set of franks bushings but there is no way in hell my panhards coming off.
Edit: Was about to go take photos and low and behold down poor....

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Maybe put the jack between the panhard rod and axle to press it off the bush, then get the bush friendly with the angle grinder to remove that?

frank

Club Member
its just the axle end you take off eh davey :)
Z,s was the first one i have done where the bush actually came off lol, then you just refit it without the washer and lever the rod off the bush.
all the others i have done left the bush seized on its stump, and had to grind the side of the bush down till it split open

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Pictorz! I braved the rain for you guys so you best appreciate them haha.

DSCF4008.jpg

DSCF4010.jpg

DSCF4013.jpg

DSCF4011.jpg

DSCF4015.jpg

DSCF4014.jpg

DSCF4006.jpg

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4003.jpg

Need to get rid of the side stripe gunk but hazaa!
Deffinatley needs more front lows and some spacers.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Looking good. No spacers needed , cross Frank's palm with silver for some reverse rimmed/re-offset steels (Y)

Does your Tow sticker on the back point to the exhaust, rather than the tow hook?