• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MY little red celebration.

took it for a 20mile thrash to no avail, got to drive it tomorrow anyway so we shall see.
Cuts out when driving if i put the clutch down..

Sorted one problem and now have 2 more.

Turns out when i removed the carbon canister the two lines i joined together had come un joined, re-attached them and hazaa idle is fine.

Today went well... ish car ran amazingly its so nippy and i'm very happy with it. But heres problem one of two.

When driving in today ni went around a left corner in the wet got the car sideways and managed to spin, went up a curb backwards, span again, came back down and tombstoned one of my wheels against a curb and i mean really hard! Meaning one of my lovely steels is ruined and 3 of the tyres are in the same state, luckily the other 3 still spin true and aren't dented lucky escape. Nothing else appears to be bent either car still drives fine no unusual noises and no crabbing so good news. May need to buy another wheel of frank though.

Problem two, well advice really, i've bought a GA throttle body from Frank. (Yay.) But i have no idea how to fit it.
I'm guessing i take of the old ICV but i don't know what after that, do i blank of the hole?

Picutres of the manifolg fitted, the throttle body and the mashed wheels.

Fannimold comparisons.
DSCF4550.jpg

DSCF4551.jpg

DSCF4553.jpg

DSCF4552.jpg

DSCF4557.jpg

Throttle body.
DSCF4569.jpg

DSCF4570.jpg

DSCF4571.jpg

Wheels and tyres.
DSCF4560.jpg

DSCF4562.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

Big deep gash from rear arches.
DSCF4566.jpg

Nice bulge from hitting a curb backwards.
DSCF4567.jpg

Grassy.
DSCF4564.jpg

Picture happy!

Ok then i remotley mount the CG ICV right?
Any chance you have either a spare one of your wheels laying about or would make me one?
Everything underneath is amazingly straight it was a big moment!

Ok then i remotley mount the CG ICV right?
Any chance you have either a spare one of your wheels laying about or would make me one?
Everything underneath is amazingly straight it was a big moment!

lol, i had a mad spin in bluey once :eek: shot up the kerb backwards, and cant believe i did,nt bend anything.
kev sussed out the remote i/c/v properly (mine worked fine on lpg but not petrol, because of where i piped it in)
and no probs on the wheel, 14" ?

yep front one so less offset?
They've got bloody tough underside components, i used the centre cat as a plow haha.

Hasty? My first accident of any kind in the 3 years i've been driving. It was wet and i paniced haha.

No its a frank special :)
Frank or anyone do you have a picture of your fitted ga throttle bodys, got the icv off wondering what next.

I'm taking this as concern not you being patronizing...
I was going a little fast not anything crazy, 50 around a corner easily doable at 60-70 and the back end came out i lifted off like you shouldn't and the back snapped around.
Its my fault luckily no one and nothing was hurt except my ego well and a wheel haha.

Anyone have pictures of the fitted ga TB?

I'm taking this as concern not you being patronizing...
I was going a little fast not anything crazy, 50 around a corner easily doable at 60-70 and the back end came out i lifted off like you shouldn't and the back snapped around.
Its my fault luckily no one and nothing was hurt except my ego well and a wheel haha.

Anyone have pictures of the fitted ga TB?

Nope no patronizing here just concern for another MSC member.
The majority have all done it,
just some of us are lucky enough to not hit anything :wasntme:

Well I've made my ICV cover adapter plate out of 1.5mm clear perspex :O Now i need to work out how i fit my CG icv...

That blog didn't help much have you got a picture of yours frank im confused with what i'm plumbing to what.

That blog didn't help much have you got a picture of yours frank im confused with what i'm plumbing to what.

i,ve scoured hundreds of pics tonight mate................nowt :( you best ask kev, he tapped into the t/b below the maf i believe and just ran 1 pipe from the i/c/v to that tapping

That perspex won't melt under the hood will it? surely a bit of metal with some drilled holes in it would be easier to bolt it down?

It doesnt melt on RC car engines which glow so i don't think so, this is more unique and i don't have any spare sheet metal haha.

Got nothing to tap with annoyingly.... Can i not use one of the holes i covered up and bond the pipe into it?

And run that to the CG ICV yes?
I have some piping i think may work aswell.. Result.

i guess it needs to "inlet" after the maf so that the ecu can sense how much air is going in, then needs to "exit" into the mani (any of the spare vacuum fittings)
follow the holes that the factory have designed into the t/b, and try to copy it eh :)

Ga throttle body is on with half the CG icv plugged in and it runs fine.. Need to finish it off properly as im using the CG throttle cable holder and it can move which jams the throttle which is scary!

Ga throttle body is on with half the CG icv plugged in and it runs fine.. Need to finish it off properly as im using the CG throttle cable holder and it can move which jams the throttle which is scary!

nice one davey, i turned #3 injector round and ground a notch in the GA bracket iirc :)

Problem is i dot have the ga bracket :(

Pictures with it looking stupid on standard wheels...
IMG00010.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

new phone is awfull quality...

Back