My 1.3 Super S

Very clean, nice SuperS you have. Any more mods planned?

Cheers mate, Im getting a 'Frankspeed' manifold on friday. Coupled with my janspeed downpipe I already have on, It should have some noticable gains. Thats it for the moment though.

Love the tip mate, I would have went for white wheels tbh though :) looked cool on my little shape, will try find a photo

Craig

The card trick did work very well (Y) I like the white and the red aswell, but I think black steelies look quite good.

Car looks great :grinning:

Thanks buddy!

Cheers mate, Im getting a 'Frankspeed' manifold on friday. Coupled with my janspeed downpipe I already have on, It should have some noticable gains. Thats it for the moment though.!

Should see you down the strip alot quicker i hope(Y)

@scouse boy that is very nice mate, one day I will get white alloys.

Update

Took the car over to Franks, to get my frankspeed manifold. The removal was all good, not too many rusted bolts however when he got to the lamba we had to wack out the hammers and spanners. Once fitted I took it for a spin. Coupled with my Janspeed downpipe you can feel the difference. It has improved low down - midpower and when you get to about 5000 - 7000 it has a sudden surge of power. I definetley recommend one of these, cutprice but deliver the same gains as a janspeed manifold.

Frank was also kind enoiugh to space my rear wheels, it has made my car look so much better.

Thanks again for all the work Frank! Top Bloke! (Y)

I will get pictures up when I Can

Eliot you have a nice car there mate, i reckon you should fit a nice brand spanking new sportex on that rather fitting a used one..... (Y)

J

Update guys!

Went round to Franks again today cause the manifold was blowing. Anyway he fixed that n about 15mins.

As some of you know ive been after a performance backbox. Frank recommended making a straight through pipe. so he set to work in the rain removing the backbox. It turned out Kwick fit had overtightened the bolts si it was a right opain. Anyway after lots of swearing later and effort it was off. I decided to start it up to hear how loud it would be. I was very impressed, it had a nice deep burble.

Therefore Frank set about cutting of the flange and creating a new 38mm bore pipe. After it all was fitted we started it up agian and it was very quiet! I took it for a test drive and it still sounded quiet. However when I got back to Franks house he said it was very loud when I drove past him. So I gave Frank my keys and he took it for a rip so I could hear it, when he blasted past the sound was immense.

Had some good feedback from Frank saying the car was almost as fast as his !

I will get pictures up Definetley tomorrow.

Thanks again for working through the rain and spending countless hours on my car. Your a bloody Legend Frank!! (Y)

Good work on the progress! Sounds like a right awesome car now

Hats off to Frank aswell for his work, its good to know theres people there to help(Y)

But....we need pics and a video mate :grinning:

Pictures and Video!!!

Exhaust video - http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/...a Super S/?action=view&current=PICT0008-1.mp4

Frankspeed manifold
PICT0011-3.jpg

Janspeed downpipe.
PICT0012-1.jpg

'Franks custom exhaust'.
PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009-1.jpg

Nissan%20Micra%20Super%20S

PICT0010-1.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

Spaced rear wheels.

PICT0018.jpg

Front wheels

PICT0019.jpg

Other pictures.

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!

Manifold looks mint Eliot (Y). Is that a small fluid leak behind the drum? Looks like it may just need nipping up.

yeah look good for sixteen years old I think! Its not to rusted it passed the MOT end of september.

Woo your cars same age as me :grinning: and yeah but getting underseal on the underside and in the sills and anywhere else will prevent rusting for a longer and hopefully make your car last alot longer (Y)

Nice work Frank, hats off... (Y)

155/70R13? Im using them on my 1.0 and its dangerous, on a 1.3 it will be even worst... lol

... i dont like red cars but yours looks very awesome !!

...i am envious of your exhaust mod.

...i need a bit more power and concerning my remus backbox i can say "the sound of silence" (no sound,no power)

...but maybe baguete will start the turbo project soon :p and sell me his complete exhaust incl. manifold (Y)

155/70R13? Im using them on my 1.0 and its dangerous, on a 1.3 it will be even worst...

i also never had problems with this small tyres and they make the car very zippy to drive.

Eliot, thanks again for yr help concerning the springs.........now i have nearly the same drop as yours :laugh:(pix will follow, i will start a new thread when i have the time to clean my car)

...but maybe baguete will start the turbo project soon :p and sell me his complete exhaust incl. manifold (Y)

No mate, its all mine... :laugh: And it will be a Supercharged project. :wasntme:

i also never had problems with this small tyres and they make the car very zippy to drive.

Yes, its zippy, but the 165/60R14 are much better and are "only" one size up...

Car Problem---------------!!!!
drove it today and at around 3000 Rpm in third the car would start jerking (like I was giving it full throttle then taking my foot off.) It does the same in second and fourth aswell. Also sometimes the idel drops right down when i stop and i have rev to keep it from stalling.

It only does this stuff sometimes, it was fine on the way back from college.

What can it be?
•MAF
•Throttlebody
•fuel injectors
•Fuel filter

Any ideas please help.

clutch has had about 5000 miles on it, dunno about the sensors, im gonna unplug the MAF and see if it works properley.

So is your back box just a straight pipe from cat back? How's it attached exactly? Car looks very nice btw! How much does each frankspeed item set you back?

So is your back box just a straight pipe from cat back? How's it attached exactly? Car looks very nice btw! How much does each frankspeed item set you back?

Yes it is, Frank cut the flange of my backbox and welded it to the pipe we wanted to use. From there he cut the metal mount hangers of the my backbox aswell and welded that to another piece of small pipe that slides on to my tail pipe (4th picture from the top shows how its held on. if you cant understand what I mean.)

If you wanna hear how it sounds just remove your backbox and start it up! or watch my video

My frankspeed manifold was £37 pickup. I think frank wants £45 posted.
He knocked the straight pipe up and attached it all for £15

I can definetley noticed a gain with the manifold (recomended) and I can easily notice a gain with the straight pipe aswell.(and the noise :eek:) Frank took mine for a rip and said It is getting almost as fast as his. Just the cams then eh Frank *geek*

Eliot, with the wheel spacers the car looks very good. As i understood, you fitted the 32mm wheel spacers from ebay ??
!B8bi,TgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ez(pUcEsGBM3CJ-rJU!~~_12.JPG

i never saw that kind of system before, it is not available in germany.

On my car i have fitted pulsar plus wheels 14x5,5 with tyres 165/60. If i fit this wheel spacers do the tyres touch the body in extreme situations? Do i have to modify the body?? Or does it work without probs??

...last week i picked up brand new wheel spacers (only 15mm each one) for very small money, but it is another system, where i have to replace the studs
DRS_1.png

...and i think the change of the studs will take a lot of time (i have abs and rotors on the rear axle)
cheers
monchi

yes monchi eliots spacers were those grayson ones (but with longer bolts, and not the extenders)
and yes i think you will have to remove the discs and calipers to fit the extended bolts :grinning:

Had some goodies arrive today!

K&N Almera panel filter and K&N cold air Feed

PICT0011-4.jpg

Diffrences between Standard and Almera.

PICT0014-1.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

K&N in my almera box
PICT0015-2.jpg

I Have set the system up, (the Cold air feed runs down under the battery and sits at the front bumper)

but before I could take any-more photos the Camera died.

I will upload the rest tomorrow.

steelies??? just a case of whackin off the wheels and spraying them?? im new to all this!!! buut, i think black wheels on my mean green speed machine would be the shizzle!!!

steelies??? just a case of whackin off the wheels and spraying them?? im new to all this!!! buut, i think black wheels on my mean green speed machine would be the shizzle!!!

yeah whack the wheel trims off and there's your steelies.

Eliot, is there an appreciable difference with the almera airbox fitted now?

Ive had the almera air-box fitted for a long time now, When I first put it on I noticed alot more power in the low and mid rev range compared to the stock. Also if you don't attach any pipes to the side of the airbox the induction roar is very load.

Back