Cheap induction kit idea

the engine is still drawing in hot air tho eh guys fwn you wont beat the stock GA setup imo (factory designed for optimum drivability of a 100hp engine)

Ah beat me to it!!I was toying with the idea of fitting a cone to the end of the stock air box feed (behind the headlight) and throwing the panel filter away...only restriction is space for a decent sized cone :p

Ah beat me to it!!I was toying with the idea of fitting a cone to the end of the stock air box feed (behind the headlight) and throwing the panel filter away...only restriction is space for a decent sized cone :p

im planning to put a cold air feed onto the cone in the future(Y)

Is the GA Almera Air box a mod then?? Whats the gains of that over the stock Micra airbox? (Sorry to slightly steal the thread lol)

Is the GA Almera Air box a mod then?? Whats the gains of that over the stock Micra airbox? (Sorry to slightly steal the thread lol)

Its a much bigger air-box but fits as a direct replacement to the standard one, therefore because it is bigger it allows more air to be sucked into the engine resulting in more power. People say the best option is to put a performance panel filter like a K&N in the box and give it a decent cold air feed and that produces the most power gains because it is not sucking in hot-air.

Just a suggestion, i fitted my old induction kit the other day, and instead of farting about with ducting hose, i left the standard box's air feed where it was, and just cut it off right in front of the filter :p voila, one cold air feed, cost me 2 mins with a penknife-saw!

here,s the difference in filter size/capacity
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11180.JPG
    SDC11180.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 744
Has anyone considered fitting the filter outside the engine bay? Under the expansion bottle is where the air feed comes from (the circular hole), why not fit the filter on the other side of that and then run your induction pipe up and back towards the throttle body.

The filter will mostly only get cold air and because of the mud guard in the wheel well should also avoid quite alot of water spray from the wheels.

Never tried this myself but meant too...so there may or may not be enough space lol

sounds like a good idea that would deliver ice cold air, but your biggest problem would be water getting in, becasue even hidden under the expansion bottle, there could always be the off chance your filter could get wet, personally not worth the risk,

i have one ducting pipe running into the open mouth grill, and one running just under the radiator works a charm, cant get much cold air than that for a simple + cheap induction kit

Yeah, a pipe running into the mouth of the grill airing up the engine bay near the engine would help alot! blimey i didnt realise the almera filter was that big though!! me want :p.

I cant comment on not getting the filter wet, as mine is pretty much in direct air flow from the front of the car...so its bound to get some water when its tipping it down. Not caused any problems so far though... :)

I just fitted an induction kit and when tested at santa pod it knocked a whole .3 second of my best time.

stop wasting your money boys!
i've used my daughters old nylon swimming cossie cut a section to wrap round the end of the stock tube-fix with gaffa tape
cossie material is water resistant but has ultra high air flow and cleans easy-###c off the paper filter
toyed with cutting off the end of the tube resonator closed pipe
now that works a treat and costs ####s all
ive also used foil adhesive tape to underside of airbox to reflect heat away and installed bespoke homemade air swirl mod
she flies like stink

alright there eliot how did you get away with having no key hold on your fuel flap?

Mines the Super S, so it has a locking filler cap, you release it with a lever by the drivers seat.

Also this thread is irelevant now because Ive taken the photo of the conefilter off the website as its not my setup anymore.

Back