My 1.3 Super S

I Was out today down country roads, motorways etc. I Decided to see how well my cold air set-up worked by feeling how cold the filter was afterwards. It was very cold exactly like the outside air temp. So it works pretty damm well!

thought I would add some pictures i have knocking about

Im sure you all know whos the the blue car is !!
The K12 is Dragonmasters

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0011-2.jpg

I love the stance of your car mate, how much have you lowered that by. That will be my desired height

(Y)

cheers buddy, My brother lowered it when he had the car a couple of years back. It was meant to be a 35mm drop however Frank says that the springs are from a K10 not a K11 therefore it turned out too be more. I think its about a 60 - 70mm drop.

:laugh: thats fair enough do you know if the k10 springs were standard springs or lowering? just looking for a cheaper suspension option at the mo

quick update, picked up some alloys for £60 of Matt H, he was kind enough to throw in some stickers and wheel bolts as well. Also had a look at his micras when I was there, They are the meanest micra's ive ever seen!!

DSC03659.jpg

anyway seeing as there quite scuffed Ive decided to give them a refurbishment, im going hammerite black again like did with the steelies. I will post up pictures when im done.

Nice choice of alloy, i like them. I have not seen alloys done in hammerite as of yet though haa. Will look forward to seeing them, black goes with red so well too

:grinning:

Nice choice of alloy, i like them. I have not seen alloys done in hammerite as of yet though haa. Will look forward to seeing them, black goes with red so well too

:grinning:

they got an amazing finish on my steelies, im gonna spend lots of time sanding down though.

True, but good prep work will pay off and the wheels wil look sweeeeeeeeet(Y)

+1 too that!

Ahh Sanding alloys is the worst job ever! your steelies came out very good (Y)

I know, hands are aching and I should have worn a mask! :glare:

Ok guys, the wheels are painted, (I used the card trick again) im gonna pop to halfords to get some laquer and I will post up pictures later today!

+1 too that!

I know, hands are aching and I should have worn a mask! :glare:

Ok guys, the wheels are painted, (I used the card trick again) im gonna pop to halfords to get some laquer and I will post up pictures later today!

You dont waste no time do you?! Nice one. Look forward to seeing pictures :grinning:

That was quick mate, im interested to see them now, will check later when your pics are up

:laugh:

they are still wet here (the paint came out the can all blotchy.), the plan is to leave them overnight, laquear them tomorrow then fit them. They might not be a perfect finish but they look better than they were curbed.

PICT0019-1.jpg

Painted Frankspeed

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

They actually look quite good mate. The cold weather dont help much when using cans thoughh, did you heat the can up first then mate

wow loving the car

how did you refurb those wheels exactly? you just sanded them down til they was smooth then sprayed up then coated them with the laquer stuff?

wow loving the car

how did you refurb those wheels exactly? you just sanded them down til they was smooth then sprayed up then coated them with the laquer stuff?

cheers buddy!

yeah sanded them down until smooth sprayed them with a hammered black hammerite spray can, left them for a couple of hours, then sprayed them with the lacquer, left them overnight and fitted them in the morning. (There are a few imperfections nothing major though) The most important ting is preparation and always always keep the can moving never stop in one place.

thanks for all the comment's guys! yeah its hammered black.

Thought so, can see the glittery effect it has. I have always found the hammered to be thinner than the smooth hammerite, which wont help with imperfections at all haa. Main thing is though it looks good

Thought so, can see the glittery effect it has. I have always found the hammered to be thinner than the smooth hammerite, which wont help with imperfections at all haa. Main thing is though it looks good

yeah, im very pleased with the outcome!(Y)

next on the list is ga16 injectors!

lol go on it would be funny to see one of those actually being used... but in all seriousness what's you plans engine wise?

lol go on it would be funny to see one of those actually being used... but in all seriousness what's you plans engine wise?

just the injectors at the moment. I'm only trying to do subtle modifications that the insurance company couldn't do me for as im only 17. I have insurance coming up gain in febuary so I need cash for that.

I would love some cams or a lightened flywheel.

Sorry for delay on looking at the injectors for you. Snow is a nightmare right now :eek:

no worries dude, we got no snow here its just - 10 (highest temp) constantly here. I will need to get the injectors out my fuel rail problem is they look they will round off! By the way did you replace the rubber seals on the injectors when you changed them?

no worries dude, we got no snow here its just - 10 (highest temp) constantly here. I will need to get the injectors out my fuel rail problem is they look they will round off! By the way did you replace the rubber seals on the injectors when you changed them?

-14 here andd 2 ft of snow and ice! :( its insane!

Ive never replaced injectors so im not sure about that, only taken apart GA engines and removed the rails. You'd need to ask someone else about that one.

-14 here andd 2 ft of snow and ice! :( its insane!

Ive never replaced injectors so im not sure about that, only taken apart GA engines and removed the rails. You'd need to ask someone else about that one.

it says in the Haynes replace the seals, but they say that about everything you take off, im sure it will be fine.

Back