My 1.3 Super S

cheers buddy!

yeah sanded them down until smooth sprayed them with a hammered black hammerite spray can, left them for a couple of hours, then sprayed them with the lacquer, left them overnight and fitted them in the morning. (There are a few imperfections nothing major though) The most important ting is preparation and always always keep the can moving never stop in one place.

ok mate cheers for that

what sand paper did you use a really rough one or just a standard sort of one? I would of thought you would leave huge scratches in it.

ok mate cheers for that

what sand paper did you use a really rough one or just a standard sort of one? I would of thought you would leave huge scratches in it.

just a standard one, (I will look at the packaging in the morning) I didn't scratch it, it just took the original paint off it very hard to explain it was like sanding down wood. It doesn't scratch it just goes smooth.

Almost ruined my car today, driving back from work went round a roundabout, I hit a patch of ice and spun the car 180 degrees!! Thankfully I missed all the kerbs etc, and there was know-one around to hit either.

Ha I did that beginning of the year 360 on a roundabout missed all kurbs and drove off like nothing happened thankfully my supervisor saw me do it

some bloke came round the roundabout in the van, the look on his face when I was facing the wrong way hehe ! :wasntme:

got some goodies on the way!

Ga16 injectors

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0020-2.jpg

and to help them have an effect, a fuel pressure regulator.

B1YMIWgWkKGrHqZh4Eql1bFZBMeTLU6tww_12.jpg

There should be a little gain and personally I would get a re-map... pretty soon I'll be running a similar setup but instead of a fpr I'll be using a fuel controller (ready for the turbo) and it'll be getting mapped

cheers guys, Frank test fitted some of his ones he has spare and there was most certainly a gain mid range. low rider suggested the FPR to help make them even more effective.

@helloween - yes the GA16 injectors fit straight into the existing fuel rail, they are plug and play. I will make a guide when I change them over.
@Karl - I am looking into getting a re-map maybe next year when I have paid my insurance off.

Should be interesting after the re-map

it runs rich at low rpm, lean at high and then just in the middle it gets it right, hopefully with the FPR it might even it out a bit and the remap should make a noticeable difference.

Ga16 injectors

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0020-2.jpg

let me know how you get on with the fpr, i heard horror stories of ones from ebay but i wanted this on too , let us know if any good as i will tehn get one for when ze turbo goes in, cheers mate :)

Ga16 injectors

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0020-2.jpg

let me know how you get on with the fpr, i heard horror stories of ones from ebay but i wanted this on too , let us know if any good as i will tehn get one for when ze turbo goes in, cheers mate :)

Now that is one tasty Super S. It makes me wish I still had my SR. Top detailing job on the T-cut procedure and I especially like the playing card trick to alleviate any over spray.
Nice!

As some of you know I crashed my car into a tree, damaging the bumper, passenger wing and headlight I also lost the arch lining on the motoway. Frank kindly suggested I go get replacement parts of a red super s in a scrapyard. So after a trip down there I picked up all the parts for £70. The only downside is that most the red paint has flaked of the bumper.

Took me three hours today to replace all these parts which isnt too bad considering I didn't have a clue how to do it.:wasntme: So the car is back in good condition and just needs a respray on the bumper to finish her off.

Also the car has been in a head on crash before, The chassis was all bent out of place and we had to do some extensive hammering to get it straight. The bumper fits better than before now.

Thanks for the comments guys!

@ Scott - In a rush to get it done i forgot all about pictures. Basically where the bumper bolts onto the chassis (drivers side) it was all bent out of shape so It did not bolt on properly and the bumper didn't line up with the wings.

Back