Mpg? What Do You Get?

chubstar

Ex. Club Member
hey everyone ive got a kreg super s 1.3 it cost about £30 quid to fill it and around town i get about 140 miles for it. just a Q what do you get?

cheers:wasntme:

From empty your fuel tank will take about £43 to fill, (42 litres@£1.03 per litre) from that you should be getting around 350 miles until its dry, its about 38 mpg around town, motorway driving will get you much better fuel consumption.

by your reckoning Chubstar you're only getting about 22mpg, either it needs a serious service or you need to wear lighter boots when you're driving.

lol yeah well when im in the mood she gets a spanking but not 2much in case i hurt her lol. where can i get a gd service kit from? how much?

service kit:
spark plugs
oil filter
fuel filter
panel filter

there is more depending on mileage and last service etc but those are really the main ones!!

i get my stuff from "mill autos"!

erm. almera gti does about 250 to a tank = £45
micra = LOL about a 30 miles to a tank :p
vectra does around 500 miles to TANK =£45
PUG DID 789 TO A TANK = £42 (ONLY FILLED IT UP ONCE :p

baearing in mind the pug was erunning on chip fat when i got it :p

smelt like a chip pan when i turneed the fans on hahaha

My uncle's has the same problem.. and his is a 1.0.

Serviced recently, all new filters (fuel, air, oil) and he says it's actually gone worse as a result. No errors on diagnostics either.

I have the same problem, full tank abt 35 quid and i get about 180 - 200miles and ive been thinking my Super S drinks! its not that bad but town driving gives the same results as motorway driving.

Serviced regularly (nearly every six months) but havent changed the fuel filter since i bought the car 2 years ago!?! i might try changing that!

my 1.3's returning about 300 miles to the tank!

My orions managing about 100 miles to every £30....slight over fueling issue! lol

I'm not sure on the precise figures my car does, but it's rubbish at the moment. Me thinks filter etc are on hand!

I get approx 70/75 miles from £10 worth of petrol at £1.03/litre.

1 gallon = 4.55 litres, therefore 4.55 x £1.03 = £4.68/gallon!!

If you divide 10.00 by 4.68 you get 2.13, so I'm only getting 2.13 gallons for every £10 I spend!

70 divided by 2.13 = 32.8mpg
75 divided by 2.13 = 35.2mpg.

I've got a 1998 1.3 GX with approx 80,000 miles on it so I don't think that either of these figures is too bad - 99.9% of all my driving is in town/rush hour so I'm quite often sat in the car with the engine running going nowhere :(! I try & leave home early in the morning though so I miss most of the big queues. On a bad day it can take me anything up to an hour (it's never taken me longer than this though) to get to work which is a 15 mile round trip. If I do manage to leave home early enough then it only takes me 20mins! I sometimes cycle into work & this usually takes me 35 minutes - it's not nice cycling at this time of the year though!

:)

done a full service and am seeing about 175miles for me full tank. so not a bad jump! still needs more tho but dont know where to start next to get my mpg up!

Mine was 298 miles on 33.6 litres yesterday

8.9 miles per litre
40.3 miles per gallon (imperial)
33.5 miles per gallon (US)

That was after a full service and driving a few short journeys through town/city and the rest 90 mph on motorway/A roads.

* When I calculated the first time it was 33.5 mpg as I'd used Google to convert litres to gallons, which gave miles per US gallons rather than miles per imperial gallon. If your mpg is low, make sure you're using imperial rather than US gallons as I'm guessing mpg in the UK need to be calculated with imperial gallons.

There's an mpg calculator at http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

i so far have 135 miles on my full tank and have use just over a quarter of the tank. Was a long run i done cause i had a fair bit to travel to buy the car, but seems alot better on petrol sofar for a 1.3 compared to my old 1.0 . Needs a damn good service too

i so far have 135 miles on my full tank and have use just over a quarter of the tank. Was a long run i done cause i had a fair bit to travel to buy the car, but seems alot better on petrol sofar for a 1.3 compared to my old 1.0 . Needs a damn good service too

on faster roads, the 1.3 is better on fuel because of the longer gear ratios, the 1.0 is better for town driving.

Poor Fuel Consumption

Can someone please assist me. My K11 1.3 Auto used to give me 45mpg or there about, but of late, I can only seem to get 32mpg out of her. I'm not the racer type and have been referred to as the driver for Miss Daisy's driver. Servicing has been done, with changes on the oil, air, fuel and pcv filters. I event changed the plugs and leads, but no improvement.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Regards,

£32 to fill up from when the gauge shows in the red (although theres probably more to go!)
This gets me around 300 miles with my semi-ragging it driving style.
If i bounce it off the limiter and stuff it can go down to 250, if i baby it can go up to... Well i don't actually know cos ive never managed it!

the best i got was 71mpg, that was 110 miles on about 6-7 quid on the motorway at 63mph (unbalanced wheels so was as fast as i could go). but normally i get 80 miles to a tenner at todays prices! aint shabby when im loaded with ICE and 99% i have 1 or more passengers.

I average around 42mpg from my standard CG10 K11 which is mainly motorway miles. I get around 35mpg from the modified CG13, which drops to the mid 20's when on the track.

Can someone please assist me. My K11 1.3 Auto used to give me 45mpg or there about, but of late, I can only seem to get 32mpg out of her. I'm not the racer type and have been referred to as the driver for Miss Daisy's driver. Servicing has been done, with changes on the oil, air, fuel and pcv filters. I event changed the plugs and leads, but no improvement.

Regards,

im sure its the fuel prices

if you end up modifying the engine then you cant say you gonna get good miles out of it?

Lucky for you all, My 1994 Super S fills up at £33.04 and does about 180miles until the red light shows!
Im not happy really need to get it up to nominal 280 or 300miles
The only things i have done to my car is D2 coilovers and lowered to 50mm and have 14" alloys with 195/45/14 toyo proxies and a janspeed decat, intermediate piping and exhaust back box from janspeed too and not to mention a sunny 1.6SR airbox fitted too!
Is my 180miles to tank gd for these mods?!?!
Im a student, final year at uni and i decided not to work and my petrol is killing me! need help
By the way i do service my car every 6 months which include air, oil filters and new 10W40 oil. one strange thing i have found is that the drivers side brakes one of the pads always wears out so fast. its comes to bare metal in 6month while the other one looks brand new?? <<< is this called binding brakes? + revs when car is standing warm is abt 500 - 350rpm and shakes a little (like those old buses, but not as bad tho)

Really need to find out how to get my mpg to at least 250, 275 to tank!

Thanks in advance

351.2 miles
33 litres
106.9 p/litre
84k miles on the clock

My fuel consumption =
48.3 MPG
17.1 Km per litre
5.84 litre per 100Km
Averaging 10 pence per mile

8 mpg up from last time I measured and this was more town driving than last time. I've been economy driving - like cruising up to junctions, coasting down hills, driving at a max of 55 mph, slow acceleration from junctions, no spare tyre (it's bust)

i have a L reg 1.0 k11 and on a motorway run it does quite well i can get about 350 miles to a full tank of fuel, but i have noticed aroud town if i go abit crazy with the accelerator fuel consumption is really bad and i managed to use £15 fuel in 70-75 miles surly something isn't right there lol.

No figures to hand but the other half insists an improved MPG.

Replaced:-

Air Filter
Cleaned PCV filter
Plugs (replaced Denso plugs with NGK's)
Fuel Filter
Oil

Regards,
yeah i can your car will use more petrol in the winter anyway just wait till the summer watch ya mpg go up again :D

hey i was only getting about 180 miles to a full tank out of my 1.0L then i have put the 1.3L in and i am getting the same lol but the engine is burning oil

im getting about 30 miles to a 1/4 of a tank, due to me using either 97 or 99 unleaded and booting it all the time ;)

Hmmm When I run mine down to the top of the red line I get about 300ish miles. I do about 1/2 of my miles on the motorway 1/4 rushhour and 1/4 town driving, so i think thats ok =s Ive got 43k on the clock, and it has a service bout a month ago...

Back