Terrible Mpg

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
My 1999 1.0l K11 has 17k miles. I gave it full service, everything is right but fuel consumption is terrible. Ive parked it up and dont plan on driving it soon. Im getting 23 - 25 mpg from it. Surely something has to be wrong. I know they are rated at 47mpg so i thought maybe 39 - 40 mpg would be possible. Is this normal mileage.... i wreckon there has to be something wrong. I have no mods on the car, its totally standard

Forgot to say thats based on 10 euro of petrol at 1.04 per litre. i put it in when the light comes on. Its 9.615 litres (4.54609 litres per gallon) = 2.115 gallons which gets me 50 miles which works out at 23.6 mpg.
I drive it easy, i aintt got a heavy foot and thats on reasonable runs. I thought the full service would solve it but didnt. I wreckon a scooby would do as good as it

ye its amasing how you pay so much more for a different brand lol... probably exactly the same part made in the same factory like what was mentioned in another post about the halfords products :p

b47to

Ex. Club Member
does anybody recon mine could be this problem as i only get 70miles to £10 some times less

or is this just down to the mods i have done ?

OP
OP
Anto Modded

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
I copied the data scan display when the car was on tic over and here's a pic. Noticed it said the A/F ratio is ''Rich'' all the time, is this normal. Do you still reckon it is a lamba secnsor that go's on the manifold. Just checking before i get one. Thanks for the help.

DataScan1999K112-africh2.jpg

The o2 sensor was all over the place, kept going up and down all the time on tic over

frank

Club Member
ant, i would,nt condemn the lambda on a tickover test, mine (when on petrol) is all over the shop on tickover sometimes, but works perfect on cruise :)

Anto...
Had the same problem with my 96 1.0L....at one stage i was doing 50 miles to half a tank....
Replaced the throttle bodies and it sorted it....
But it was nowere as quick as it was....:(
It was beating Starlet GI's (not Gt's), 1.4 civics............:D
I reckon it was getting wrong fuelng!