Micra no more...

Going through some country roads, it was being resurfaced, hit a pot hole which caused me to flip and roll it a few times, bonnets scratched due to barb wire, back window smashed and bush came through, lost my wing mirror, bent the ariel and back wheel and axel was all bent, loads of dents everywhere so think it'll be a write off :(

Dragon - it was up your area (ticknall) so might see our big hole in the field lol.

Pics:
Photo0319.jpg

Photo0321.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0330.jpg

Needless to say, my first crash and I did it proper.. structure of the car held well though, just dented everywhere else.

wow i'm impressed! glad you are ok tho, poor little micra, i hope it can be fixed,

tho how you managed that i don't know!

wow i'm impressed! glad you are ok tho, poor little micra, i hope it can be fixed,

tho how you managed that i don't know!

quick country lanes an to be honest it`s been thrashing it down all day round here so the road would have been very slippy they`ve claimed a few people them lanes

its probs could be fixed....but i think the insurance will write it off. they do with anything now days :(

glad your okay though. at least it can be replaced...you carnt.

Yeah that's what we've said, i'm just glad that my son wasn't in the car!

The roads were dry i think, don't really remember tbh,I wasn't speeding purely because there was loads of stones and i just remember a pot hole and next thing being flipped and rolled :( Not the best experience I've had but glad I listened to my dad in the end and got the micra.. :)

Yeah, it smashed my rear window and the bush came in lol..

Copper was abit of a arse with us and fella's mum started on him as they breatherlised him and she felt they didnt need to as he was a passenger.

Did make the copper laugh though as he asked the farmer if he was growing wheat, farmer replied yes and i muttered not anymore hehe.

dont think i would drive for a long time if that happened to me. but thats just how i am hope you get another micra, nissan (or something japanease) cos they rule!

It more than likely will be jap, my dad's a jap fan and only ever had nissan lol.

I was abit reluctant to get in dad's car to come home, part of me wants to get back out and drive and the other part is like woooooooah, what just happened.

After it happened, i just broke down in the fellas arms saying my dad was gonna kill me :(. He reacted alot better than I thought he would.

everyones going to crash at some point, think he would have just been glad everyone was ok lol, cant see why the copper breathalised a passenger? seems odd

Yeah, thats why his mum kicked off, he did a check on us both and initially they couldn't find that i had a licence so I showed him it, but my fella's currently banned from driving and someone radio'd something and he got out the car..

We get the impression he was querying who was driving the car though.

Considering it rolled, its held up very well. A k10 or even a K11 wouldn't withstand that type of abuse. Shame about the car, but its done its job and your OK.

You should be able to make a claim for this.
I've known guys to have alloys replaced by the council when pot-holes took chunks out of them!

Considering it rolled, its held up very well. A k10 or even a K11 wouldn't withstand that type of abuse. Shame about the car, but its done its job and your OK.

That's what i was thinking, it's survived brilliantly. Glad you are ok. Crashes are very scary and it's best to be with someone even if you think you're ok.

I'm going to look into making a claim, unfortunately i don't have any pics of the pot hole though and knowing my luck, council will of been and filled it :(

Oh chick sorry to hear this! Glad you're ok though, nothing too serious! The k12 has held up remarkably well - when I read you had rolled it and looked at the first picture, I couldn't believe it, there didn't appear to be a scratch on it!
Still glad everyone's alright :)

It's definitely made me want another one that's for sure, made us realise how bloody lucky we are, I initially wanted an older car and in respect i'm so glad I went for the micra, Fair enough there not the nicest looking cars but it pretty much saved us.

Cars been scrapped but now we've got problems whether there gonna pay out or not due to the previous owners :(

Yeah, according to the insurance, the previous owner didn't pay for the car properly which led to the government not doing the paperwork correctly or something which means they won't pay out til this is sorted. Not sure on all the details just gone off what my dad's said.

Dad's trying to sort it out now but is rather ####ed off :(

As long as your name is on the V5, and you've got a receipt to prove you bought it, then it shouldn't stop you making a claim.

As long as your name is on the V5, and you've got a receipt to prove you bought it, then it shouldn't stop you making a claim.
Not necessarily unfortunately, outstanding finance can be a real nightmare to deal with sometimes. Did you do an HPI check on it before you bought it?

Have a read of this thread, seems quite a similar situation:
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/com...ttingly-with-outstanding-finance-a-22604.aspx

In a write-off situation, the insurance company would have to pay off that finance first before repaying the remainder (if any) due to you.

Sorry to hear about the crash by the way, car stood up well for you though!

it was from sunwin if i remember rightly wasn`t it ?? i`d nip in and see what they have to say about it after all, they hpi check every car they have in part ex, they might just sort it out for you

Back