GA16DE no more

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
GA16DE is not ment to be...

i was originally ment to be doing a 1.6 conversion over christmas but after agreeing this with my mechanic i decided to also by a full whiteline handelling package. i was then advised to leave the conversion untill the whiteline kit arrived. ordered that and found out that the wait was going tobe a while to say the least.

so the plans were set back untill march, plenty of time for the whiteline order to arrive...so i thought, nope still no sign.

found out that the whiteline order was ment to be arriveing early april now. that is right in the middle of my studdies so that is no good for me.

so i decided that i would go ahead with the engine transplant anyway. booked the car in for the 21st of march and all was going well. went to look at a couple of engine with no success and got a little disheartened.

booked the week off work and got ready for the work to begin. i got a loan off my sister and was strarting to get a little excited as you can imagine.

the week came of the 21st and i spoke to the mechanic on the monday. agreed to start on the tuesday as the engine was not there yet and he had some other business to attend to.

tuesday, i then bought myself a primera, n-reg good spec nice runner average miles all for £350 bargin. the car got delivered and the mechanic was no where to be found. i eventually got in touch with him only to find that one of the rally cars he is contracted to has just rolled and he is obliged to fix it. fair enough. he says now that the work will begin at the end of the week. i think ok and wait for him to finish.

the end of the week approaches and still no word starting to get a little worried about the progress and decide to try and find storage for the car as it has no tax and i am due back at work on the weds. no one wnts to know or can be arsed to help me so i am stuck with a primera on the street.

spoke to the mechanic once again and decided to cut my losses and rearrange it as the work onthe mitsubushi is taking for ever. he agrees to shift he primera for me to one of his mates farms untill i get back at summer. i agree to this and reschedule for the 22nd of may for the work to be carried out.

decided to fit my exhaust system and the cd player from my old car to cheer myself up and so that it was not a complete waste of a week.

so nxt monday comes and i set back off on my merry litte way to nottingham slightly disheartened to still be driving a 1.3!

found out yesterday that the mechanic has still not moved the car and that my DAD of all people have reported my primera to the police. i get in touch withthe mechanic late last night and explainthe situation, he agree's shift it first thing in the morning...but no it had not shifted.

just got a phone call off a mate who tells me that the car is being towed by the pigs as we speak. nothing i can do as im 150 miles away in nottingham. so there is £350 down the drain.

this project thas been an uphill struggle all the way and every time i get close to starting it let alone completeing it i get another setback. therefore i feel it is not ment to be, im going to cut my losses and draw a curtain on the whole 1.6 palava. it seems to be far too much stress for what its worth and it has really really put me off modding at all.

i have a whiteline kit on order still! so when that eventually arrives i will fit it and see whether that can re-cindle the little micra flame inside of me, if that isnt enough to do it then i really dont think its worth having the car anymore so i will sell up with all my bits. and move on to a much simlpler more boring setup ie trains and busses or maybe a biger familay wagon.

to make matters worse i have basically all i need to get my car to a finished standard just no money time or motivation to get it done.

that is my rant over

dave

Doesnt sound too promising mate, but find out wots happened to the primera mate as surely they need to advise you of wots being done with it first

well i have two options really, i either phone them and take the brunt of the wrath! possibly points and a fine defo

Or i wait it out and let them get in touch with me and play it ignorant.

either way i think im in for a rough time withthe law all thatnks to my DAD of all people. my own ****ing flesh, what a wanker

Attachments

• boot.JPG
    boot.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 247
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 211
is the primera in your name or did you not do the change of ownership yet?
Sounds like your definitly having it bad! Sorry to hear about it mate!

aww hun uv had a bit of a nightmare!!!
did ur dad know it was urs???

dunno what to say really but good luck with trying to sort it out!
danni

kev_mono72 said:
is the primera in your name or did you not do the change of ownership yet?
Sounds like your definitly having it bad! Sorry to hear about it mate!

nope i didnt have time to change the ownership, was gonna get it sorn but the mechanic was ment to strip the car the same day and it was never ment to be on the road. now theres a harsh lesson learnt.

will the previous owner not get the blame?

could say you sent the sorn stuff off and it got lost in the post. don't really know to much about this so i'm basically guessing :)

to be honest mate it will be better just to ring them, seemsd like it could just be a misunderstanding, they may think it had been stolen if it wasnt registered to you.... Its probs just a mix up or mis-communication somehow

SR_Micra_Boy said:
to be honest mate it will be better just to ring them, seemsd like it could just be a misunderstanding, they may think it had been stolen if it wasnt registered to you.... Its probs just a mix up or mis-communication somehow

i'll probs give that a go, does anyone have a yello pages close to them? ie a north east one. if so could you find bishop auckland police stations number pls

Sorry to hear that mate!!! Hope everything works out ok for ya. :) Shame as I know how much you had your heart set on this conversion. Lets hope it still goes ahead, even if a little behind schedule. :)

if they find you to be the owner of the car they will charge u £80 for having a car on the road wiwthout tax then i think its £12 or sumtin a day til you pick it up, well at least thats what i was tld a while back

yes it is aS ABOVE SAYS!! POR WAS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO..
DAVEY why DID YOU NOT PHONE ME!!!

you know for a fact i can get ne thing sorted..

if you needed a place i could have sorted that. could have brung the dolly over and picked it up onto the back of that. then it is classed as off road!!!
and i could have left the dolly there.

ne ways. if your toooo disheartened witht he whole 1.6 conversion. if you speak to me in about 2 weeks time i may have sumthing very very promising you couldd do to the 1.3 ;)

Back