Micra mystique chromaflare paint - please help me fix my beloved car

Micra mystique chromaflare paint - Updated and pics included in last post

Hiya,
I am sorry that my first post must be that of a help topic but I really need the help and opinions of all of you.
I have a nissan micra mystique with only 44000 miles on the clock, it also has chromaflare paint...
On monday some twazzak pulled out of a side road into the side of my car...I couldnt stop and my alarmed beeping didnt stop them either :mad:
Anyhoo, she went and hit the left wing and the left front door, and completely shot the door moulding :sick:
Apart from telling me that they are saying that it is somehow my fault o_O Side road, main road anyone?
my insurance company have decided to write off the car due to the expense of the paint...I will buy it back as I love it but I want it fixed...the only problem is the paint £1000 per litre apparantly...so I ask of you can anyone help me find it cheaper? OR does anyone have a pot that they will no longer use and want to sell? :upside:
Is there anything else that i can do?
Thanks so much for any help!
Bev

1000 per litre?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

no comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if its a 1000 per litre then get a cheap colour and get a full respray. unless its the colour of the car you love
ChromaFlair is a gorgeous flip colour, but as the OP said, it's not cheap!! (Although I actually heard it was more like a few hundred quid a litre, 1000 does sound a bit excessive!)

I think the only option is to shop around I'm afraid.

For those that don't know, you can kinda see the effect here:
http://www.compucars.co.uk/carpics/Lg811066-02.jpg
http://www.compucars.co.uk/carpics/Lg811066-03.jpg

I'm sure you could pick up another Mystique for £1,500, non-damaged, with full paint and such. Or get the car sprayed as mentioned before.

Thanks for those of you that replied to my post ^_^ Much appreciated!

I decided to get the lower half of my micra, from about three inches below the bottom of the window done in a country cream, it looks amazing...I shall add pictures soon as I am a little bit over chuffed with my amazing looking car now ^_^

My other half says that it looks like I have dipped my car in clotted cream lol XD

The bonnett and boot are cream free lol XD

Now to futher customise it with chrome handles and the chrome look bits on the rectangles on the bumpers...anyone have any ideas as to where I can get them?

Thanks ^_^

Bev

Ok, so here are the pictures...

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Excuse the alloys lol, I have a fondness for getting close to the curb :blush:

Anyhoo...what do you think? I know its a sacrelige (sp?) painting over that much flip paint but its better than a massive great dent and scrapes imo...but I think it looks great anyway, I am proud of this car ^_^

Now to get the chrome handles...anyone know where from?

Bev

to be honest id doesnt look as bad as i was expecting it to, well done. was it a much cheaper alternative to the flip paint?

wow that is actually awesome :D what a great solution to the problem! there are a few Mystiques around here and one is completly trashed, the obviously heard the same as you that the paint is expensive.

start a blog mate i want to see more.

only thing i would comment on, i would have taken the line onto the boot a bit and followed the curve of the lights, but thats the only thing i have to say, other than that its awesome :D

Lol, glad it got a good reception! ^_^

Hmm...I was thinking it resembled bagpuss colours but now that you mention it it is a coke float car too!

NeX: Yes, I see what you mean now, not sure how easy it would be for the chap to do that...will have to see, at the moment I am ok with it, will wait a little before it drives my perfectionist side insane XD

It set me back £1080...but then again they wrote it off and I got £1750 for it so I am still quids in at the moment. It wasnt just the paint that was damaged though, it was the passenger side of the bumper, the wing, and the door and he has repaired all that for me to perfection which imo is a miracle!

As for the difference in price with the flip paint, it would have been £1000 just for the paint and thinners etc themselves, then add the labour cost to do it as it has to be done in stages, plus the repair, and then the fact that the bloke wasnt over keen on doing it as it will never look the way it did...I think this was the cheaper and better solution.

I personally like it better than before even, I think it has more of that...je ne sais quoi lol ^_^

Now what should I do on it is the next question, the door handles are a must ( thanks squarepants for the heads up)...as for what else...any suggestions?

Bev

Chrome doorhandles as mentioned and clear side repeaters (Y) and if you wanted to go mad you could get some steelies with the old hub caps, refurb the steelies in the same cream with a chrome rim and chrome hub caps, then some white wall tyres lol :D

I've used the silver foil tape that ducters/laggers use for "chroming" items before.If you can get it on without creases (which is hard on big items) it looks very good.DIY stores would have some i expect.

Those paint finishes are a total mare to match,a friend who is a painter of high repute repaired the side of a Corsa for free because he was not happy with the final colour..
I matched the flip paint on a Rover in a similar-ish metallic colour which meant at least I did not have to bother with the door shuts when resprayed...

Cheers for the suggestions, definately going for the chrome handles, I just love the way they look!
As for the Chrome effect bump strips, can I lay my hands on those from Nissan themselves?

Now, the wheels, almost exactly what I was thinking, although I was hoping for a lazy solution...what I wanted to do was theive (ok, buy) the wheels from a figaro and put them on it but looking at some the other day I think mine may be bigger :blush:

Now where is the best place to lay my hands on some white wall tyres lol...forgive me for my ignorance but I am a woman lol :laugh:

Shame my other half isnt in to cars as much as me...then perhaps I would get some help doing all this there, but I have to learn I guess ^_^

yea i bet it cost alot, but the good thing is now you are protected against damage to the lower half of the car, which is where all the damage is going to happen, all the car park dings and little shunts will happen on the cream section which is cheaper to replace, but you retain the flip paint look :D

as for my opinion on what you should do:

your car looks kinda retro, it would be perfect with some chrome steelies, or other retro style wheels, debadge it, chrome door handles is a good idea, maybe de lock it too, pre facelift boot handle or march numberplate holder in chrome would be perfect, also some bolero *sp rear pod lights,

there is a lot you could do to that car quite easily to make it look amazing, but the problem is the parts are not easy to come by.

Update to thread over 1 year later

Hi guys,

I just wanted to post an update to this thread, and to thank you for all the replies.

Right well, the car is no more - on 19/07/2009, literally a month and a half after I had had it done I was rear ended by a passat (spelling?) going 30/35mph and ploughed into a merc c class estate, completely wrecking my car - unfortunately there was no come back to this one.

Both airbags were deployed, the chassey was pushed forward so that the rear bumper, although still mostly intact and in alignment ended up behind the boot lid. The front of the car was completely crumpled, with the aircon unit/radiator (cant remember which sits right at the front) was hanging out, the passenger door was unopenable, the seatbelt pretentioners had gone and all in all it was in a pretty sorry state, as was I lol.

Despite all of the above however, it did still drive, lol, micra engines must be pretty hardy!

Anyway, I was devastated...finally having a car that I was happy with and proud to drive and to have it taken away from me by some jacked up little man racer with such a small **** that he has to try and intimidate women in micras by driving so close to them you could not see his lights - purely to make them speed up - however, I thought a speed limit was mandetory, not optional? I didnt and he backed off, "lucky me" I thought. It was only when I stopped to let the car in front pull into their driveway did I look in my rearview mirror, only to realise that there was no way in hell he had seen my THREE breaklights and, well how could you fail to notice MY car?! He pummled towards me and bang, my coke float car was toast - as was/is my back, neck, confidence and sanity.

Anyhoo - I know the most of you are blokes and probably drive considerately, never even considering doing what he did. However, to the very few that like to tailgate, that like to intimidate other drivers and constantly speed, please think about what you are doing first, think of how the other person may be feeling. And think of the concequences.

Ok, moral of the story over lol:

I got myself a new mystique (refused to buy any other car other than a micra as too terrified to drive anything else), with a few scrapes and scratches but otherwise a great car. Went and collected it a few days after the first accident, and then, second day back to work, some **** went in to the back of that one at a roundabout, pretty hard knock, bugg*red the bumper and crumpled the boot but that all got repaired ok.

My luck aint great :( just to illustrate - my first micra, an apple green twister, got jumped on by some great prat, 3 months after I purchased it!

Anyhoo, yes so that one is on its way out too, as an increased journy to work has dictated that I need a more sturdy car and a diesel, however, I stuck with the micra and now have a kiwi green K12 with a cream interior.

Thus endeth the update and random prattle lol ;)

majikatt said:
bugg*red the bumper and crumpled the boot but that all got repaired ok.

Did it get resprayed in chromaflare and if so was it as expensive as you thought before? Shame you dont have it anymore, is a very rare (round my area at least) and beautiful colour! Any plans for the K12 then?

Shame that is better than it would have look in full flip paint! The chrome handles will really set it off a treat.

It would have been the absolute business with a lot less ride height and some gold centred rota flashbacks. And a full leather re-trim to match the cream.

Hope you have more luck with the next one.

Lol, what, pics of the new car or the broken one?

I didnt actually get pictures of the wrecked one, it was totalled on the sunday and they came to pick it up on the monday afternoon - got told they would ring me to arrange a time but just turned up - didnt get time to take the pics as had to very quickly clear out the car before it was taken away. The chappy drove it up the ramp and I had to wipe away a tear (ok a few but I was traumatised lol), broke my heart.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa294/majikatt/DSC00622.jpg

There you go minty fresh, thats what the bumper looks like now.

They got it resprayed at a cost of around £800/850 just for the bumper haha, good thing is that I have some left over paint for when someone buys it :D I got the crumpling pulled out myself though - otherwise it would have been a writeoff due to the cost - boot is as good as new now though!

markbognor: Yeh, I loved it, couldnt bring myself to do it with the new mystique though, to pay 1k to get it nice and then for the chance for someone to wreck it again.
I was thinking of getting it all retrimmed in cream - and then the chrome bumper strips and handles, it would have been a beauty! I take it you live in bognor regis? Not to far from me - worthing!

I still have it - hopefully not for too much longer though, the autotrader website should update with the ad today or tomorrow.

Anyone think it may be worth putting it up for sale on here?

As for plans for the green one - not sure yet, thinking of small things at the moment, like the grill - I know you can get a chrome surround and perhaps chrome handles, new alloys, that sort of thing first.

Hi any one intrested in parts for a w-reg nissan micra mystique i have everything you might neeed as paint is expensive to get so can't afford to repair it i will break it or sell whole car let me know on 07577623312

Back