BELOVED MICRA COULD DIE PLEASE HELP!!

hi guys

need some urgent assistance if possible

my cars axle was rotted through so i got a replacement from the scrappy in good condition at £80.

my mechanic said to tell the scrappy to save the trailing arms and bushes, so thats what i told the scrappy.

now the scrappy save the arms but sheared the bolts on the end where there is a rubber bush.

my mechanic now said its impossible for him to get that bolt of as its just a bit of metal trapped inside the rubber.

also he said the actual bit the trailing arm will join onto on my car is to corroded to attach anything on,

any suggestions on what i could do.

if not then im going to scrap the car which i dont want as ive spent alot of time and money in it, engine gear box,brakes everything is sound, its jst the rust has caught up to it

most get scrapped when the axle has rotted tbh, its a hell of a job changing one that has rusted
*note to all k11 owners..........again :rolleyes: PERIODICALLY CHECK THE UNDERNEATH OF YOUR CAR FOR RUST !

What's the best way to prevent it?

Last time I was under the back, I used a wire brush to clean it all up....but I'm thinking I might paint the whole thing next time (in a week or two).....

What's the best way to prevent it?

Last time I was under the back, I used a wire brush to clean it all up....but I'm thinking I might paint the whole thing next time (in a week or two).....
chain-oil aerosol is the easiest method, it is designed to stick like poo to a blanket :) you only need to wire brush or scrape if it has loose sealer or underseal ontop, if its bare rust then just spray it on

chain-oil aerosol is the easiest method, it is designed to stick like poo to a blanket :) you only need to wire brush or scrape if it has loose sealer or underseal ontop, if its bare rust then just spray it on

I find this exceptionally handy as, being a biker, I have loads of that already! Yay! Many Franks, Thank!

It wasn't fixable :( its going to the car park in the sky tomorrow morning, served me well for the past couple years , but all good things come to an end. Atleast i get to buy another car now, thinking of going for an s3 but thats first thoughts,

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks again for the comments even tho couldn't put them into practice

It wasn't fixable :( its going to the car park in the sky tomorrow morning, served me well for the past couple years , but all good things come to an end. Atleast i get to buy another car now, thinking of going for an s3 but thats first thoughts,

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks again for the comments even tho couldn't put them into practice

Sad news :(

Are you going to sell some of the bits to the vultures in here? At least you can make a bit back?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Got £140 for it and its gettin picked up, by the time i get people wanting parts and strip them and then i need to keep at the mechanics so just thought to get shot asap

Back