Rear door on driver's side for Micra Mystique?? Help!

After searching around on the web today, I realise I might as well be looking for hen's teeth, but...

Our lovely Micra K11 Mystique, which we've only had since September 2014 and were planning to keep as a future classic (it only had 21,000 miles on the clock and was in almost perfect condition), has had the rear door wrecked by some idiot who managed to reverse a van into it and then drove off. It must have been a van, not a car, as the damage is too far up the door. My husband had taken it to work for the day, works car park was full and he had to park on the road... I'm feeling gutted. I don't expect our insurers to pay out - they'll probably try to force us to write it off as an 'old' car (!) So far we can't find out who did it, no CCTV coverage of that spot etc.

I've started looking for replacement doors but realise that the paint finish isn't made any more. Does anyone know where we might be able to find one of these doors? Is anyone breaking one of these cars? :-(

I'm breaking one atm but the door your after is shot and no good to anyone.

If there's anything else you need. Wing mirrors etc let me know.

Thanks for the info Zazee. We already contacted the guys in Birmingham via eBay (the listing was only for the rear view mirror) and went there yesterday afternoon - we got a door! Slightly scuffed but it should T-cut out.

I_jonez, I'll have a think about what we need. Would certainly be interested in the wing mirrors if they are unscraped. Ours have small scrapes from the previous (only other) owner.

P1090323.JPG

I really can't believe how lucky we've been to find it. Apparently, as of last Autumn, there were only 341 still on the road - there's at least one less than that now (the one we got the door from). Hen's teeth, alright!

Back