Micra has been Wrote Off :(

Its about a 30-45 min drive from where i live so aint too far.The insurance company arranged a recovery truck.

I'll try my best to recover as much stuff as i can and i'll let you know whats available.Then again,who knows...i might get another Micra :p

You should be fine then with the insurance company arranging it.

Kev

might be worth having a word with the yard they may sell it back to you instead of auctioning it off?
accident damaged micras dont fetch much at salvage auctions so may be worth a shot.
"Sorry, but I still stand by they must still pay out the third party, but will recover the costs from you."
alienfish360
they dont they will state that you are not insured as such they have no liability to pay for third party claims, however the third parties solicitors/ insurance solicitors will sue you! for losses/damages

Sorry, but I still stand by they must still pay out the third party, but will recover the costs from you.

Sorry, read it twice and still...

Yes the damage to the other party (the Clio in this case) will get paid, but as you are classed as 'uninsured' because you are outside the policy terms, it'll come out of the industry fund that covers such losses (paid for by a sum added to everyone's policy...) You MAY find yourself open for a claim against you and even possible prosecution.:k12cop:

The rest of what I wrote still stands though!

Managed to get the boot and mirrors off so they're available for anyone now :)

If i was gonna get prosicuted surely the police would have investigated into the accident there and then and done what ever (arrest me blah blah blah) But they didnt,they just cleared the road and left.Leaving it to the insurance company to deal with it all.

shame to hear about your car mate, especially with that badboy bonnet gone now!

good luck with your parts salvaging and insurance claim!

Dam man sorry to here this! i'm not a huge fan of the look of the k11 but this was one off the few i liked. i hope the insurance runs smoothly. my mate went up the back of someone in his 106 quick silver, he had unclaimed bucket seats full sound system exhaust etc, he went and took all the mods off and replaced the seats befor the insurance company even took a look at the car. dunno how he got away with that.

Managed to get the boot and mirrors off so they're available for anyone now :)

If i was gonna get prosicuted surely the police would have investigated into the accident there and then and done what ever (arrest me blah blah blah) But they didnt,they just cleared the road and left.Leaving it to the insurance company to deal with it all.

That's not quite what I ment... If you had no insurance, you would have been carted away at the scene. But as far as plod are concerned, at the time, at the scene, you did. What I was trying to say was that it leaves you open to possible future legal action (most likely a civil action for damages).

That's not quite what I ment... If you had no insurance, you would have been carted away at the scene. But as far as plod are concerned, at the time, at the scene, you did. What I was trying to say was that it leaves you open to possible future legal action (most likely a civil action for damages).

Insurance will cover any leagal claims anyway

Insurance will cover any leagal claims anyway

Not if they're the oens prosecuting lol.

Basically, the insurance will pay out the third party claim NOT yours if they have an issue with the mods.

However, there's a very strong chance they will take you to court to recover the money they paid out in the third party claim.

Lesson to be learned, Declare everything!

There's a possibility that the insurance company would still pay for the repairs to his car, but would not repair anything that's been modified and not declared. I didn't declare my mods when I was hit by the drunk driver and Tesco told me that if I was at fault + fully comp, then they would simply repair the car excluding mods or give me a lump sum excluding mods.

Some pics of it after it got stripped for parts and ready to goto Bristol (where contractors are apprently)

DSCF8082.jpg

DSCF8089.jpg

DSCF8084.jpg

DSCF8087.jpg

i took off the following:

CD player
Subs
Alloys
Smoothed Boot
DTM Mirrors
MOMO gear knob
air filter + oil filter
engine hoses
car mats
Bucket Seats

And i had to put the following Standard parts back in/on:

Seats
boot lid
wheels
air box

Mate been on holiday and come back to read this!!! sorry to hear this!
your not having much luck at the moment which is harsh!!

was a lovely k11!!!! real shame!!

hi sorry i bought some dtm mirrors today,tenner off a m8. so bolton mirrors are yours

also could you please tell me where abouts to get the base plates for them mine are type r dtm mirrors.

cheers pal

for got to take exhaust off :O
and ya pedals :O

the tinted rear lights were the only set i had so i was unable to replace them

pedals cost me 5 quid so can easily buy another set

exhaust is welded on and the original back box is somewhere in my mini scrap yard aka my garden lol

The DTM baseplates are quite rare to find as theres only a limited amount of suppliers who can get them.

Back