Dash lights wont turn off?

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Ok guys today I'm doing my major service about 1grand short of the usual 4000ks because its a nice day outside for once and I aim to make use of it haha.

First of all 2 days ago I admittedly was driving a bit fast through a round-about and when I came out to the straight my hand-break light and ! light (emergency light?) came on and didn't go away, yesterday morning it disappeared but later that day it reappeared and won't go away no matter what I do.. whats the most likely culprit?

Secondly, I just picked up the air filter, break pads, break fluid, motor oil, and coolant, have I missed anything for the major service? I happen to have a couple litres of havoline fully synthetic 10-50 sitting around should i use it or just throw in the 10-40 i picked up thinking i had no spare oil?

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
when ur pads wear down the brake fluid level gets lower cos more fluid is needed to push them closer to the discs. when the pads are almost worn the fluid level drops below the LOW point which triggers the handbrake warning light to appear.

replace ur pads first, see if the fluid level goes back up to max and the handbrake light goes off when the handbrakes released, top up fluid to MAX if not.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
OK,so it was the fluid level, all pads are well over half left, accordingly the following has been done; Oil Filter (what a pain, forgot to grease it last time), Fuel Filter, Bosch Iridium Plugs (look sexy), Air Filter, Front + Rear wipers, Engine Oil, Brake Fluid and Coolant have all been done - cost me about $150 all up. Tomorrow the CV's are finally comin off and i suppose i have to get a wheel alignment cause she's pulling to the left really badly.

Back