Micra has been Wrote Off :(

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Some sad sad news i'm afraid:

Was coming back from Great Yarmouth on the Acle Straight,traffic was queing badly...had gone round the bend on the Acle Straight and heading towards the round about.Traffic came to a hault,slammed on breaks but was too close to the car infront of me (but not close enough to be tail gating)

Pics:

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

And the Car i hit was a 51 Plate Renault Clio:

DSC00052.jpg

Rang the Police and they came shortly after the call,got both cars off the road and onto the side of the road.They left and i rang my insurance company.From the description i gave them they told me its a Write Off :( When the recovery truck came,the guy said its a write off aswell.

So its been an incredible journey for Milly the Micra and i know she will definately be missed!

Shiiii*** hun Im so sorry! I hope your not hurt at all :( You had one of the most gorgeous k11's around so sad to hear its not with us anymore.

Sorry to read this, you don't seem to have much luck with this Micra do you?!?!

I'm afraid that is written off and in fact the clio will be as well if it's caused structural damage to the floor pan

Kev

Always got told Green is an unlucky colour for cars :( Guess thats true then! How i've managed to walk away twice with no injuries is crazy!

dont the bumper reinforcement on the k11's go all the way across like on the k10's? might have saved your car if it did?

Oh noooooo :( I loved this car. Soo sad :( You'll just have to come back with an even better one :devil: At least u can salvage bits like the smooth boot ay!

yeah...thank god the boot didnt get hit..as i only had that on friday last week! If the insurance pays out i'll buy the car back and strip it and scrap whats ever left

I checked and the difference in insurance between a 1.0 K10 and a 1.3 K11 SR was only £40 so it can't be too much more.

nothin wrong with 1.0 ;]

totally gutted about this, was my favourite micra too

didn't know your 18 either, must have been payin a fortune on insurance already with a modified car and one crash, or were the mods just classed as aesthetic?

Well...to be honest only thing covered was alloys and audio

hmm, are the seats not declared?

The bumper, bonnet, grill etc you will possibly be ok with as there in quite a mess and probably not recognised as modified with the crash damage.

However your tailgate and the seats will be classed as modifications and if not declared may cause you issues with your insurance payout.

Kev

seats werent but that was a risk i was willing to take.

With regards to the boot,i can say i was only put on yesterday and hadnt rung the insurance to declare it.

looks like an easy repair chassis doesnt look twisted buy it back probably only cost you a few quid new bonnet wing and second hand bumper grill and headlight front panel of ebay and roberts your mothers brother! :laugh:

sorry to hear about your accident was a nice car you recently modified it. mines gonna be write off but its repairable

well...i've already got a standard bonnet and front bumper,but need to see what the insurance company says.If its repairable then i'd probs have it back depending on price and repair costs.

I'd like to go towards stripping out/power rather than styling but again depends on the insurance.

they have to prove that the undeclared parts, were a contributing factor to the claim.

Wasn't this similar to your previous crash? Where you went into the back of somebody as you were close?

I've hit the back of somebody at 35mph ish and didn't do that much damage, how fast was you going?

ive never driven into anyone....nearly a few times, but the pulsar brakes soon sorted that out. usualy pulls endos if i do an emergency stop...

glad to hear your ok. shame about the car, but as long as theres no structural damage your looking arround £300 to have it back on the road again... providing you can weld and undo some bolts.

if youve got the car swap the seats back to standard on low value cars they quite often will just have you email them a pic or two the rear you could claim it was like that when you got it and you didnt realise that it wasnt standard!
unfortunately they can and will if they possibly can refuse to pay out if you have undeclared mods. worse still they can nullify your policy and then the pigs could do you for driving without valid insurance!
plus they dont have to prove mods contributed to the accident they just have to claim the car is not as insured and they get out of it!
although they take the #### on price you are better to declare any mods as its easier to pay for mods then try and get insurance after being done for no insurance (a chap at work 29 at time got caught driving his dads exige without valid insurance and the resulting points put his insurance up nearly a grand on his elise!!!)

the insurance company cannot refuse to pay out, they must still honour 3rd party cover, though they can prosecute after to re-claim their money.

But again, must prove it was a contributing factor.

If his exhaust was noisy, that may be a contribution as he could have been distracted by the noise, etc.

Also, the car won't pass MOT with bucket seast and a normal seat belt, as the lap belt doesn't sit against you properly :)

Alchemyst: Driving with mods undeclared is totally different to driving a different car without the correct insurance.

I don't think there's anything on his car that could be a contributing factor, though they may refuse him insurance in the future. Also, if your insurance states that you agree that the car is in standard condition apart from declared modifications, they may not pay out for your claim, but they will still cover the 3rd party claim.

omfg how gutted am i man i loved ya car am sittin here cryin now cant believe that R.I.P

regards to his car not passing its mot because of bucket seats mine had bucket seats in and it passed its mot not that long ago

still gutted had it on me desktop as a background pic with a few other micras off here

still cryin

S**T Man sorry to hear about the news, you must be feeling like ####e from the amount of work you've put into the micra, only to see it written off.

the insurance company cannot refuse to pay out, they must still honour 3rd party cover, though they can prosecute after to re-claim their money.

But again, must prove it was a contributing factor.

If his exhaust was noisy, that may be a contribution as he could have been distracted by the noise, etc.

Also, the car won't pass MOT with bucket seast and a normal seat belt, as the lap belt doesn't sit against you properly :)

Alchemyst: Driving with mods undeclared is totally different to driving a different car without the correct insurance.

I don't think there's anything on his car that could be a contributing factor, though they may refuse him insurance in the future. Also, if your insurance states that you agree that the car is in standard condition apart from declared modifications, they may not pay out for your claim, but they will still cover the 3rd party claim.

Errr. WRONG!

Just asked my dad to confirm (motor insurance engineer). They can legally refuse to pay out if you break ANY of the T&C's of your policy, because as soon as you break these you are NOT COVERED (and you don't get your premium back either...) But in that case, you would get the car back (although you may also get the bill for recovery/storage).

PS: Glad no one got hurt, and shame about the motor. Hope you get sorted ok.

.::UPDATE::.

Dad spoke to insurance company and they're giving me a whole 400 quid for the car :( i CANT buy the car back as its a write off (to stop people buying it back and putting it back on the road).I'm going over tomorrow to get all my stuff back including the buckets,alloys,audio etc

I'm surprised you can't buy it back. Written off is an insurance term and doesn't mean the car won't be safe again! It would have to pass the necessary inspections, such as MOT before it could go on the roads again anyway, so why they're saying no doesn't make any sense.

I wouldnt buy it back anyway,thats the 2nd front end shunt i've had and it just isnt strong enough.

Now looking at a different car,wanna keep it jap but still want another Micra.See how money goes i guess!

hoodedreeper

the holding yard might only let you take your belongings away (no seats etc will drop their salvage value)
you guys sooo take a risk with these mods, keep to micra alloys and colour coding and tints only
if you want more poke, fit cams and a light f/w and primera injectors and improvements to the stock exhaust all of which are,nt visable, an insurance engineer will spot a janspeed manifold and 2" exhaust sytem and an induction kit a mile off

I had similiar problems when I went to salvage bits off my corolla.

If your taking the seats, you'll need to take some replacements with you, the same goes for the wheels. You will NOT be able to remove these without putting replacements back on.

When I travelled all the way up to the Doncaster they even tried to stop me removing my amps, speakers etc. I couldn't get my leather interior out due to not having anything to put in it's place.

When my corolla got sold through the salvage auction, some lucky git got a £700+ leather interior + £250 custom leather trimmed door panels, 17" excellent condition wolfrace alloys, koni suspension, full exhaust s/s system, the list goes on.

Take what you can, but be prepared to loose bits you can't take.

Kev

We were quite lucky with Alex's car because we recovered it to her house and stripped it there, rather than someone taking possession of it.

im sorry to hear about this pal it was a smart micra can tell alot of tym and effort had gone into it RIP

if you get mirrors back pal im interested

What ever i take i've gotta replace with factory parts,luckily i've still got my standard seats,gear knob,wheels,mirrors etc.

Regarding to parts like Boot and Mirrors i'll have to let you know as and when i sort it out tomorrow.

excellent, make sure you take them with you.

How far do you have to travel?

My crash happened in Leicestershire and I had to travel the best part of 2 hours to get to Doncaster to strip the parts.

Did the police arrange the recovery truck? this is what happened with mine, took it to a breakers company that supported the police, had cars in there that were involved in fatel crashes where they didn't survive etc, about a 100 cameras and all I could do is look at the car!

It was then transported to Universal Salvage where I could finaly get to the car before it was auctioned off.

Kev

Back