FOR SALE: 1997 Micra Super S

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yep. Time to let go. As many of you know I am now about to buy a 4x4. Ignore all previous threads. Here's the final.

Vehicle is in above average condition. Ask any of the QLD members. :)

1997 Nissan Micra Super S (Series 2)
-160,000km (just been serviced)
-Drivers Airbag
-ABS
-4 wheel disc brakes
-Aircon
-Power steering (Nismo steering rack bushings)
-6 speaker stereo with Nissan CD player
-Sports front seats
-Sunroof
-Front driving lights
-Full super s kit bumpers, rear wing and mudflaps
-Black meshed front bar and grille
-Logbooks, lots of receipts from myself AND previous owners
-Rust proofing
-14" Black Racing 8 spoke Forged Alloy wheels (ultra lightweight, look like Watanabe/Mini-lite style)
-Darkest Legal Tint
-KYB Excel G shock absorbers all round
-Brand new genuine nissan (NSK) front bearings
-20,000km old LUK Heavy Duty sports clutch
-Rear main seal replaced 20,000km ago
-Brand new NGK Iridium spark plugs
-CV boots replaced 30,000km ago
-2" cat back exhaust with straight through muffler
-Goodyear Gatorback accessories belts ($$$)
-Battery relocation to under front seat (Deka AGM battery)
-All engine mounts filled with SIKALFEX 255
-Rust proofing from new

Car will come with:
-spare gearbox, low/medium KM, stuffed casing but gearset and diff are good
-Touch up paint
-Factory air intake piping

For a little extra $$ you can also have the following:
-aircon compressor
-power steering pump
-throttle body/afm
-spare engine mounts (drivers side and rear)
-various other spares I find (interior stuff I think ive got)

OK in the interest of interstate buyers I'll list the bad about the car you would only see if you came up for a full visual inspection: The body is what you can expect for its age. Has a few carpark dents and light scratches. Nothing major. Spoiler and side mirrors are showing signs of fade on the very tops - typical micra. Rest of paint is fine. Gearbox rumble/chatter - Not input shaft play - typical nissan gearbox noise, every nissan we've had has made gearbox noise. There's no metal shavings or fragments in the oil so basically it hasn't worried me in the slightest - I drove 6500km (in 2 weeks) interstate with it making this noise... It actually only became apparent when I filled all the mounts with SIKAFLEX so there's more mechanical vibration being transmitted to the cabin. To be 100% honest this particular rumble is quite loud but can only be heard INSIDE the cabin - again this is stereotypical of the semi solid engine mounts. I will be chucking in the spare gearbox however and believe me these aren't easy to come by for a decent price. Front bar has some stone chips. No major paint peeling just if you get up close you can see the car has done quite alot of highway driving (hence the mesh to protect the aircon condensor and radiator). Engine has timing chain noise only when cold. Noise actually went away completely during a 6000km trip I did earlier this year but it came back a few months later.

There's no rust and no accident history. All paint is Sunderland standard. Fuel economy is freakishly good. On 95RON (I have advanced the timing, still runs on normal petrol though) I am getting 5.2L/100km on my daily commute which is through heavy city traffic and some short open roads of 80km/hr). VERY CHEAP TO RUN.

Has 9 months of QLD rego left on it.

Happy to deal with interstate buyers.

$6000. Pics start referring to further down in the thread.

PICTURES CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa35/yombert/97 Micra Super S/

OK I should also add that I am in NO HURRY to sell anymore. I am NOT negotiable on the price (if you want the car with rego) at this stage.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
got any pics yom?? haha sorry to say but im not interested in buying it.. just interested in seeing what its like!! i see it has had some work done in castle hill?? does that mean your the second owner?? and the first owner lived in syd??

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
This car is in another league! The series 2 SLX and Super S are so much better built than earlier series 1 models. I can't remember seeing another Super S (S2) for sale in the last few years and recently saw the first nice low kay SLX (s2) If you people out there are looking for a s2 slx or super s grab the first one you see because you will not find another. Would love to no how many s2 slx and super s where sold in Australia.

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Yom's SuperS is on it's way south to Adelaide!

I'll be driving it back from Brisbane next week. I bought my first Micra about 6 months ago ('96 SLX) as a cheap daily driver and was so impressed I started looking into what mods I could do and discovered this site, then the SuperS. I knew I'd have to be quick!

Littlebear.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"top car yom.. i can't believe you sold it so quick... i know the car cost you alot more then that.. but still. you got decent money for it. good on ya i reckon.
Yeh I'm a little sad, but meh, its only money. :)

Back