My Bad Week

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
TicTac is no more.

it all began on tuesday mornin on my way home after dropping my girlfriend off at work, i was trippin over the gateway bridge in brisbane doin a steady speed of like 10km per hour when an ugly big camry started closing the gap behind me rather quickly.

It quite a scary feeling knowing a car literly twice the size of your is about to slam into you and there is nothing you can do and no where to go. on my left was a concrete wall, to the right was a truck and infront a 4wd.

Then he hit me and he hit me hard, luckely i had plenty of room in from of me cause i stopped inches from the car infront.

I was shaking, upset, angry and i had to wait until i got off the bridge to see wat damage he did.

To cut it short the car was written off, the chassis is completely buckled. the boot floor now literly sits on the pan hard, the drivers door doesnt close properly and its bent the roof just above the doors.

as simple as that no more TicTac, its era is over and it had only just crossed the 100 000km mark.

Now there is a good side to this horrible story, i am gettin paid out a good substancial amount and that is even after i bought her back for a measly sum of $800, the cost to take it to the wreckers. and the car still drives, i dove it home after the crash, i drove it to the quoting place and drove it home again, none of the mechanicals were damaged.

So besides the whole inconvenience of it all i still have a totally complete car and i get to buy another one and transfer it all onto it and have millions of spares.

So if any one knows of any micras for sale in brisbane regions can they let me know, this time in chasin a Super S but if the right example LX comes along i could be tempted.

(i need to take some photo and post)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Sorry about your car. Jees there are some idiots around.

My friends Mitsi Mirage got written off when she was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and a ford wagon slammed into the back of her car, pushing right through the crossing. Just as well the pedestrian was fast on their feet or it would have been a fatal.

If it wasn't for the fact they are environmentally bad, ugly and handle like ****, I'd get myself the biggest F100 I could afford with girders for bumper bars. lol.

Mychael

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear that about your little Micra, our numbers are getting a little thin, I too had a similar incident. Back in 97 I bought a brand new series 2 Super S, had it about a month, was sitting at the lights with nowhere to go and a whopping big Volvo 850 stationwagon complete with moron talking on the mobile phone came crashing onto me at about 60kph, that was the end of the Super S, could'nt get another one as they stopped importing a few months earlier but i was lucky enough to find a series 2 SLX which I still have to this day. Good luck with your hunt, I'm sure you will find a worthy successor to Tictac.

CMF_bigstick

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear about your pride and joy. That bridge is the worse. Some drivers on there are more worse. I drive across it many times during the week and had many close calls. If your ever needing to sell parts off it, I'll be interested in the complete power steering unit if it has it. I bought a SLX last week, aircon but no power streering and its turquois which I hope to rectify soon. There was a white SLX in Slacks Creek that I had a look at...great condition but major gearbox whine.
Found mine thru the trading post.

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
Thanks everybody, after some serious thought im being tempted in buying an slx for the convenience of 4 doors. and sorry bigstick tictac never had power assisted steering, personally they dont need it and i had chunky 15s, but sorry i cant help u with that one.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
hey if your looking for a clean slx there is an automatic one in gympie with a gearbox problem only done 119000 klms really clean car

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...eatureAd=false&vehicleId=126604&vehicleType=3

check it out... i was goin to purchase it and swap my manual over to it. but the insurance company is now fixing my damage.

oh and id ur wanting to sell some interior parts i am chasing an air vent for my car.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
If you are interested in a Super-S still you could buy my car for $3K, have all the nice super-s goodies..and it'd probably cost $500 to ship up to QLD :p

But yeah then you'd still have to go through the hassle of swapping bits over etc..

Ahh well

cisco

» CMF Member
Bad luck, sorry to hear mate. Lucky you didn't get injured..

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
Thanks everybody.

I have actually found a forest green slx which i have put a deposit on. the motor sounds good and looks clean. the body is pretty good to. it has new tires and cat back exhaust (standard spec), but um yeah all of those will be eventually swapped after the stat warranty runs out.

I should be pickin it up either tomorrow or tuesday, so yeah i can start all over again, atleast i really dont have to buy anything to put on as i have it all.

since i have a spare motor now i might rip that apart and do something special to it

CMF_bigstick

» CMF Member
I think your bad week caught on to me... I just came home on the tow truck....coming home from work, its rainin as everybody in Briz knows...goin down Richmond Rd towards Creek Rd in Cannon Hill, lights green to go right but cars in front not movin....put on the brake (didnt slam) wheels lock up., backed off the pedal but too much skid already...choose between the car in front or the kerb?...I chose the kerb...BANG..snapped off the end of the suspension arm..DAMN.. i guess it couldve been worse. quick inspection.. steering rack ok, strut ok, cv looks ok but doubt it...so im gonna have to find a LHS suspension arm..

Back