• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March g# turbo build.

That means less ware on the turbo AND I find that boost will come in after 3 grand and you can cruise 70 of boost lol. Also the electric boost controller would stop the annoying continual boost whistle when just on the edge coming on boost when cruising lol

Thats what i was thinking mate. Get to start work this weekend i cant wait also found a blackdiamond 3 paddle clutch and a helix 3 paddle clutch both around £320.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Go for 200mm and modded flywheel. 180 clutches just don't hold up me thinks

I have a saab9000 recirc valve u can have mate. Cuts costs.
I got my brothers old RX7 recirc valves, intercooler and piping. All I need to get started is a starlet td04 manifold and td04. Cost me about £200 for the manifold which is a respected one with the starlet lot and about £150 for decent td04 which wont go bang.
Also got that sr20 maf now. List of parts is going up and up. Boost controller as you said would be a good investment. Might also look into investing in a metal mead gasket mainly because theres a tiny bit of "cheese" on my oil filler plug so head gasket could be on its way.

I got my brothers old RX7 recirc valves, intercooler and piping. All I need to get started is a starlet td04 manifold and td04. Cost me about £200 for the manifold which is a respected one with the starlet lot and about £150 for decent td04 which wont go bang.
Also got that sr20 maf now. List of parts is going up and up. Boost controller as you said would be a good investment. Might also look into investing in a metal mead gasket mainly because theres a tiny bit of "cheese" on my oil filler plug so head gasket could be on its way.
Metal hg is not a do at home job. The block needs to be skimmed to an appropriate level which the hg maker suggests.

Yeah mate know that. Dave walker can do it so will have to ask him for a quote.

Thats what I was also thinking mate, car has sat for about a month.
Was about to says at for a while will do the same. Service the ****er. Who on earth is Dave walker, teach me said person.

Brother has turned around and said that whatever my budget is I may as well double it?
I know I can build everything for £1500ish but mapping and ecu cant cost that much?

600 mapping and nis possibly

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Im happy with that then. So about £2000 to turbo just the engine. Thats doing everything properly first time. Parts so far its only cost me £500 but I know I will need some different parts down the line.

Also I have read up ga16 black and ga15 pink injectors fit. Also red up a cga rail gives more options as well.

oh yeah i will get it mapped on a dyno no point doing doing it if its not being dynp mapped.
mine is still running ed,s basemap mas (18 months now without any issues) but i,ve changed turbos about 5 times now so it is pointless me getting it dynomapped tbh :)

mine is still running ed,s basemap mas (18 months now without any issues) but i,ve changed turbos about 5 times now so it is pointless me getting it dynomapped tbh :)
Indeed for you it makes sense man.

Brother has turned around and said that whatever my budget is I may as well double it?
I know I can build everything for £1500ish but mapping and ecu cant cost that much?
Yes tbh. Ur not frank... Frank is a magician with pricing lol. Dude ur doing all this feking reading into this that and every option. Ur going to head in to a disaster mate. Keep it simple.

I know you man. KEEP IT SIMPLE other wise you ain't going to finish the project. I will eat my hat if you go big and actually finish it. Stop messing about with all these options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring whoever is mapping the car. Ask for their advice and go with their suggestions.

Indeed for you it makes sense man.

as long as i dont change my injector cc or maf then it does,nt matter what turbo i run really tho chris (the map is correct whatever) my only limitation is the maf ceiling, as long as i keep below 140hp i,m safe :)

as long as i dont change my injector cc or maf then it does,nt matter what turbo i run really tho chris (the map is correct whatever) my only limitation is the maf ceiling, as long as i keep below 140hp i,m safe :)
Indeed. I do swear by eds work. My still pulls happily.

Frank I really think you dont know how much you have spent. Yes not as much Tbh as I will have. But still. Thats how it works. You say less in ur head to make you feel better lol

Frank I really think you dont know how much you have spent. Yes not as much Tbh as I will have. But still. Thats how it works. You say less in ur head to make you feel better lol

Like that convo we had about building cars
Think you've spent a couple of hundred max.... think about it and you've actually spent alot more

Probably have if you add it all up now :p
nah, i checked earlier tonight andy, stock engine/gearbox/mani/clutch/maf, £5 bov/£40 turbo/£10 scrapyard rubber charge-pipes/£100 stainless steel exh stuff/£10 each SR20 injectors/£10 draper boost-vacuum gauge/diy ball and spring boost controller

It will be done probably. I am just looking at every option while I am saving for the manifold and turbo. Once I got them in I can fit the intercooler I got, fit the maf and what no. also fit some bigger ga16 injectors

nah, i checked earlier tonight andy, stock engine/gearbox/mani/clutch/maf, £5 bov/£40 turbo/£10 scrapyard rubber charge-pipes/£100 stainless steel exh stuff/£10 each SR20 injectors/£10 draper boost-vacuum gauge/diy ball and spring boost controller
x how many engines :p

I wont give up on this. I will turbo this car. First though I need to weld two 3inch squares to cover two rust holes.

Only bit of rust on the car. I was amazed with that as it cost me nothing. Saved a perfectly fine k11 from going to the scrapheap

I wont give up on this. I will turbo this car. First though I need to weld two 3inch squares to cover two rust holes.

Only bit of rust on the car. I was amazed with that as it cost me nothing. Saved a perfectly fine k11 from going to the scrapheap
I give up* lol prove me wrong Scott.... Prove me wrong

Scott the UKDM Super S bumper is also found on the SR, Si, S and Vibe so I doubt it's a G# bumper, the Autostrada (5 door G#) also had one. Am sure there were many other March's with that bumper. Why does it have to be a G# anyway? Just enjoy it for what it is. A foreign micra.

Found a cheap and cheerful boost controller in my loft haha! Brother told me it came with his RX7, guy he bought it off told him it was an ebay special. It did do the job but he wanted a better one. He went balls out with his car.

Dont really care about the jdmness of the car although I like the rear lights :p. It will just be a rat look/sleeper car. Its going to be 50 shades of black hahaha.

Everybody who is saying that I cant do it and will give it is making me want to do it more. My dad and brother said it will never happen. I will prove them wrong.

Best way to make it happen is to listen to the advice on here who have already turbo'd their car rather than listen only to randomers on the internet is my advice. And keep it simple for your first build, you can always rebuild it bigger and better than before the second time after you've learnt more and understand the weaknesses of the first setup, and can sell the first setup too :)

Back