• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March g# turbo build.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ics/turbosmart-dual-stage-boost-control-valve

Was looking at this. You can swap from high to low bust at a press of a button. That ebay boost controller will most likly go back on ebay then haha.

I may be asking alot of questions but my view its best to see every possible route I could take on this build so I know I can make it to what I want.

EDIT: I also t-cuted the plastic head lights they have come up like brand new! Also the fog light bulbs are yellowish strange.

Everybody who is saying that I cant do it and will give it is making me want to do it more. My dad and brother said it will never happen. I will prove them wrong.
You CAN do it.
Whether you get bored and swap it for a 328i with a welded diff, is another matter...

Everybody who is saying that I cant do it and will give it is making me want to do it more. My dad and brother said it will never happen. I will prove them wrong.
You want a ****ing medal for being an independent woman next... It will never happen if you complicate it and try to change every component in to world. That's what I am saying. I know you better than, tbh, most people on here. I know what you mean, someone tells me I can't do something I am going to do it. But none of us are saying you can't do it. We are saying don't put too much changes in otherwise it won't get done. Get of ur bloody jdm rare part I got the rarest **** box, let's tell people how much I know about turbo cars and how I grew up around them stories on splitter scuffers bollocks. Make as little changes as needed, otherwise you won't ****ing finish it Scott. I love you dude, but just listen. It's great u are researching and finding all these options but you are going down the route everyone who doesn't complete it does. You don't need new injectors. You don't need new rails. You don't need blah blah blah. Ur not going to be able to cut taking engines in and out and blowing **** up like Paul and frank does. Jesus I know I ain't. Speak to ed. Ring him up. Ask for advice. At the end of the day he knows what he Is talking about and he can get u your turbo ASAP. Get the basics done and get her boosting. You will lose patience with it otherwise. The best way to do it on a budget is to not make mistakes and to not buy stuff you don't need. So ask someone who knows. Love you. Banana ****

You want a ####ing medal for being an independent woman next... It will never happen if you complicate it and try to change every component in to world. That's what I am saying. I know you better than, tbh, most people on here. I know what you mean, someone tells me I can't do something I am going to do it. But none of us are saying you can't do it. We are saying don't put too much changes in otherwise it won't get done. Get of ur bloody jdm rare part I got the rarest #### box, let's tell people how much I know about turbo cars and how I grew up around them stories on splitter scuffers bollocks. Make as little changes as needed, otherwise you won't ####ing finish it Scott. I love you dude, but just listen. It's great u are researching and finding all these options but you are going down the route everyone who doesn't complete it does. You don't need new injectors. You don't need new rails. You don't need blah blah blah. Ur not going to be able to cut taking engines in and out and blowing #### up like Paul and frank does. Jesus I know I ain't. Speak to ed. Ring him up. Ask for advice. At the end of the day he knows what he Is talking about and he can get u your turbo ASAP. Get the basics done and get her boosting. You will lose patience with it otherwise. The best way to do it on a budget is to not make mistakes and to not buy stuff you don't need. So ask someone who knows. Love you. Banana ####
Cheers mate. I am keeping it simple. Only thing i will do is a turbosmart electric boost controller as i can swap between low and high boost at a flick of a switch. First thing i need to get the turbo and mani on so i can map everything up.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

3atu8y8a.jpg

Just bought this new old stock stainless steel starlet td04 mani and downpipe. 4mm thick metal and should be nice and free flowing.

Cheers mate. I am keeping it simple. Only thing i will do is a turbosmart electric boost controller as i can swap between low and high boost at a flick of a switch. First thing i need to get the turbo and mani on so i can map everything up.

Thats a very valid point actually, one I have been meaning to get an answer too. two mode boost control... surely the ecu needs to have the ability to switch between two modes no?

you having it top mounted or slung? If I were you, as you are already chopping ****. get a stainless steel made maifold flange and put it to that mani. will age better. Do we know the expansion rate of the two metals also.

Thats a very valid point actually, one I have been meaning to get an answer too. two mode boost control... surely the ecu needs to have the ability to switch between two modes no?
Just get it mapped to high boost. Yes it will run rich on .low boost but the turbo will have bassicly no boost. I will look at a stainless flange if possible. I want it slung. Think s td04 is too big for top mount.

I suppose, the load tables will mean it can run whever, but there may be comebacks, have you spoken to a mapper, specifically a nistune guy to see if that will cause any issues? I am curious to this one, i want to know myself.

I suppose, the load tables will mean it can run whever, but there may be comebacks, have you spoken to a mapper, specifically a nistune guy to see if that will cause any issues? I am curious to this one, i want to know myself.
I havnt asked nistune bloke but spoke to a guy at rotechnics who mapped my brothers car and he said people have done it with no issues. Low boost only for town driving no driving like an idiot with it on.

thats my understanding too chris :) you,re just using different parts of the load table eh, mine seems to run the same whatever the boost level (within reason, and at different power outputs)

I suppose Franks setup is the same really with is basemap **edit oh he got in there fast lol

Yeah, i dunno, I just know that nistune has qwerks, so i wouldnt like to assume.

Scott ur bros guy, is he doing nistune stuff, the daughter boards are problematic sometimes and have little gremlins. But yea, a low boost function would be awesome... I would love it for the turbo. More MPG fam

ahh, nice to see you,re not wasting £200 on useless tat mas :rolleyes: your right foot is the boost controller, you only need to set the maximum boost (actuator spring or ball and spring controller) then the throttle pedal determines what boost and power output you need :)

ahh, nice to see you,re not wasting £200 on useless tat mas :rolleyes: your right foot is the boost controller, you only need to set the maximum boost (actuator spring or ball and spring controller) then the throttle pedal determines what boost and power output you need :)
wasn't going to say anything... wait a min, what, my heads messed you wouldnt get better mpg. you would get worse? less work same amount of fuel? Regardless, I would only ever consider a boost controller when I am hitting 200 odd whp
edit*

No wait. god my brain. still i cant see the point until stupid power.

yeah, i am right you would get worse mpg... whats the point. its still 200 odd quid. same reason i didnt get one in the end, better oney spent else where. Plus the car was, like yours, a second car, designed to go fast not be a comfortable daily.

** No you would get better mpg @frank so lower boost = less air = so lower on the load table = correct afr higher up rev range where the turbo no longer kicks in.??

whats mpg chris ? :D off boost mine is closed looping and does 90 miles/tenner if i pussyfoot, on boost mpg will depend on the mapping i guess

I think the map needs refinement lol. Still works great. Least I know the pistons are cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ha. Yeah Scott. So erm I know ur like going to turbo this thing. U accounted for insurance and running. Plus the not. Plus the tax.

I suppose Franks setup is the same really with is basemap **edit oh he got in there fast lol

Yeah, i dunno, I just know that nistune has qwerks, so i wouldnt like to assume.

Scott ur bros guy, is he doing nistune stuff, the daughter boards are problematic sometimes and have little gremlins. But yea, a low boost function would be awesome... I would love it for the turbo. More MPG fam
He does anything and everything. He mainly does apexi fc comanders which are the best of the best. Only £800 but comes with a screem which tells you everything from engine knock to water pressure, boost and even the cars speed.
He uses surrey rolling roads. Average car in his hands spends 8 hours on dyno.

Ha. Yeah Scott. So erm I know ur like going to turbo this thing. U accounted for insurance and running. Plus the not. Plus the tax.

Insurance is fine, tax is fine, running cost as well is fine. I have considered everything.

it's best to go cheap on all the parts example the starlet td04 manifold is 200 pounds, u can have a k11 manifold cut and welded with td04 flange on, and if am correct the power flow on k11 manifold are good for 180 bhp, infact td04 turbo is 50 pounds and k11 manifold is 20 pounds, flange is 15 pounds off eBay, u can save all that money and buy parts u need really

Sent from my iPhone using T

it's best to go cheap on all the parts example the starlet td04 manifold is 200 pounds, u can have a k11 manifold cut and welded with td04 flange on, and if am correct the power flow on k11 manifold are good for 180 bhp, infact td04 turbo is 50 pounds and k11 manifold is 20 pounds, flange is 15 pounds off eBay, u can save all that money and buy parts u need really

I want to start off with a good manifold and turbo. I wont cut corners mate. I got a new old stock manifold and downpipe for 120. It will make sure the turbo will spool good and improve airflow. I dont want to mess about which alot of people do on micras and why they get poor results. Stuff like good manifold, intercooler and ecu will make a big difference to end results.

I am willing to spend an extra 100 here and there to get a good build. The difference between a standard k11 manifold and that starlet manifold will be huge. Also its shiny ;).

He does anything and everything. He mainly does apexi fc comanders which are the best of the best. Only £800 but comes with a screem which tells you everything from engine knock to water pressure, boost and even the cars speed.
He uses surrey rolling roads. Average car in his hands spends 8 hours on dyno.

So that didn't answer ... K not.. I dont know anything. I like fish. Azzydot yeah man good.

So that didn't answer ... K not.. I dont know anything. I like fish. Azzydot yeah man good.

He has never touched nistune before. Sorry haha.
Might speak to him about an ecu though. Although ed knows micras best

I want to start off with a good manifold and turbo. I wont cut corners mate. I got a new old stock manifold and downpipe for 120. It will make sure the turbo will spool good and improve airflow. I dont want to mess about which alot of people do on micras and why they get poor results. Stuff like good manifold, intercooler and ecu will make a big difference to end results.

I am willing to spend an extra 100 here and there to get a good build. The difference between a standard k11 manifold and that starlet manifold will be huge. Also its shiny ;).

That's ok mate just saying it gets longer to finish and money being spent, over roll the end result will be same as normal k11 Manifold unless u went forged then the starlet mani is way to go, your choice but your doing good with all the bits

That's ok mate just saying it gets longer to finish and money being spent, over roll the end result will be same as normal k11 Manifold unless u went forged then the starlet mani is way to go, your choice but your doing good with all the bits

Any correctly made part will cope just fine

Yeah most things will be cheap and simple but turbo and manifold and intercooler i am not cheaping out. Looking at reconditioned td04s for 150 and the rx7 intercooler which was big bucks also will be a tight fit as its big ;)

thats a good price for the mani and dump pipe mas :cool: ebay toyosports ones are £190 eh
and it would be a shame not to use a s/s head flange eh

Yeah most things will be cheap and simple but turbo and manifold and intercooler i am not cheaping out. Looking at reconditioned td04s for 150 and the rx7 intercooler which was big bucks also will be a tight fit as its big ;)

That's good thinking, means u wil have good air flow and running gear, probley anything is possible my ic is really big

He has never touched nistune before. Sorry haha.
Might speak to him about an ecu though. Although ed knows micras best

Why dont you consider another management system which he knows? You dont have to go nistune.

thats a good price for the mani and dump pipe mas :cool: ebay toyosports ones are £190 eh
and it would be a shame not to use a s/s head flange eh
Yeah its a toyosport mani. Guy bought it but sold his starlet before it was ever fitted. Still in packaging. Im will look intoa stainless flange. Used to work for some fabricators for awhile and they can do it cheap. Weld a flange properly so it wont warb during welding.

you having it top mounted or slung? If I were you, as you are already chopping ####. get a stainless steel made maifold flange and put it to that mani. will age better. Do we know the expansion rate of the two metals also.
This

Why dont you consider another management system which he knows? You dont have to go nistune.

How is aem management although I have the wiring codes to go in k11, they sell this cheap but depending on the mapper

u3unu2yb.jpg

Theres mine its about same size as a k11 rad just about 2 inches thick probably closer to 3

Will be slung mate and i dont know but will give it to fabricators to do get a professional job without warbing. Will knly cost £90 to do max

those mani,s are pretty high slung tho eh, you will have to squeeze the turbo between the alternator and rad tho mas (like stani and polly) its a very tight fit when mounted east-west !

Fabricator will no doubt just slap whatever is easiest. I vote stainless flange to compliment ur high quality Mani. Unless ur Mani to turbo flange is mild?

I am considering apexi fc comander means i dont need money for dials as it has a screen and its one of the best piggy backs around.

Oh... Nord lock washers... I ****ing swear by them mate for ur hot end nut/bolt stuff

those mani,s are pretty high slung tho eh, you will have to squeeze the turbo between the alternator and rad tho mas (like stani and polly) its a very tight fit when mounted east-west !
I had the same problem on mines with td04 fits nice but the air filter wouldn't fit even with rotating the housing of the turbo, and the altarnator belt needed longer it seemed really big

I had the same problem on mines with td04 fits nice but the air filter wouldn't fit even with rotating the housing of the turbo, and the altarnator belt needed longer it seemed really big

And you didn't test fit anything :rolleyes:

So Scott should defo pre plan his build then.

Back