• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

Been sorting the brakes..., As some of you Know...

Front calipers and discs off a Pulsar GTIR are a very good upgrade for the front of a micra..

Ive now fitted my recon Calipers and Vented discs.. They look the Muts nuts!!

dscn3950mz3.jpg

dscn3955ry8.jpg

dscn3952oz8.jpg

Now with me running only 14'' diameter rims with an offset of ET15, there was a big worry about IF they would fit over the calipers...!!

LOOK AT THIS FOR CLEARANCE!!

dscn3951vr4.jpg

Ive now finished all the welding of and strengthening of the mounts in the engine bay... Ive made my CAI and also finished the electrics.. It starts and runs like a Dream... Again!...

dscn3948ic1.jpg

So FINALLY can get round to building up the front end again for the last time!!..

dscn3949bx2.jpg

Mechanically and electrically... the Car is 100%

Things left to do..

Rebuild front end
Make sure headlight alignment is spot on
Fuel filler cap..
Weld up the exhaust.. + Backbox ( you CAN get 3'' over the rear axle )
Fit all my cool switches and buttons on the dash..
Fab dash POD
Bleed all brakes..

Fit Reg plates front and back..

...the list is getting smaller he he!!

Looking AMAZING man. This will be the nicest Micra K11 in history, no doubt about it. :)

All the best with it.
Titch

Cheers Titch..

59bhp- Calipers wont expand enough to fill that gap..

BTW.. those rear clusters arn't the ones staying on the car.. also that aint the color its going to remain ha ha!

No bother man - Just re-read the whole thread again, it some transformation like, looks so go. I'm down your way next week for stuff with work, will give you a shout.

i was told you couldnt get 3" over the rear axle! how you manage it?

this the K10 or K11 rear axle.. EVERYTHING is possible mate, Will post some pics when I get a chance..

A LOT of the modifications to this car are all new gound, im sure with regards to a K11 in the club..

TYPE R-

I with I had some farm land to go for a tear around because im dying to drive it..

but, unlike some other people doing engine conversions in the club ( :p:p:p:p:p:p:p ) I greatly fear for my drivers licence, as I lose so much if I lost it..

when i loked at it on my rear axel a 3" bore was just abit colse for comfort for me especially on the coilovers.. without solid mounting it and that would make it crack.. thats why my plan was to run it up through the transmision tnnel and out the rear 3/4..

you could always make an oval piece for the exhaust over the axle...

like o--- -(________) so it squashes the round shape.... but you keep the overall volume...

im not making any sence..lol

when i loked at it on my rear axel a 3" bore was just abit colse for comfort for me especially on the coilovers.. without solid mounting it and that would make it crack.. thats why my plan was to run it up through the transmision tnnel and out the rear 3/4..

..running a 3'' is a must for the 2.0turbo and with the chassis being quite stumpy, I really needed to make the exhaust as long as possible with as big a rear silencer as possible in order to keep the noise bearable..

If the car was strictly track use I would have a front exit

WOW,

My Decals have arrived..!!!

.. Before you jump the gun.... Its nothing cheesy or tribal..

Mostly Text and logos... Im going for a Street-Jap look!

Ive also got some www.mightymicra.co.uk and some www.banzaiclub.co.uk ones to go on..

Ive got about 45 in total.... Mostly small, but a coupld rather big ones!

he he..

'K11 SR20DET' in big letters across the back anyone?

he he

Ive just gotta wait until the painting is finished now so I can wack um all on.

Ive had some more engine dress up parts arrive, Apexi Oil cap etc..

Its a shame, over xmas now I cant really get any time to work on the car, not even an hour here or there!! So everythings off now until after xmas... Mid Jan..

Should still easily be finished for the 07 show season though!..

Im in ireland at the moment dealing with some family issues..

.. being a little bored ive been trying to problem solve some of the hang-ups ive got with the micra..

( There seems to be as many import micras over here as domestic ones!!... Plus ive seen TWO convertable micras.. in less than a week.. Ive never seen one in real life before !!! ha ha.. how sad am I.. )

( on another note the plethura of imports only seems to be as widespread as small nissans and toyotas.. meaning loads of marches and LOADS of Glanzas )

Any way...

Ive solved my problem of the fuel filler cap... It never really sat right on the yellow wide arch micra and was turning into a big job to sit either flush or recessed on the new one.. so Ive decided im going to move it to a new location all together.. after seeing a modified glanza I realised its a much easier way of solving the issue..

Im pretty bored over here with nothing to do.. hence the pointless post!

x

Im in ireland at the moment dealing with some family issues..

.. being a little bored ive been trying to problem solve some of the hang-ups ive got with the micra..

( There seems to be as many import micras over here as domestic ones!!... Plus ive seen TWO convertable micras.. in less than a week.. Ive never seen one in real life before !!! ha ha.. how sad am I.. )

( on another note the plethura of imports only seems to be as widespread as small nissans and toyotas.. meaning loads of marches and LOADS of Glanzas )

Any way...

Ive solved my problem of the fuel filler cap... It never really sat right on the yellow wide arch micra and was turning into a big job to sit either flush or recessed on the new one.. so Ive decided im going to move it to a new location all together.. after seeing a modified glanza I realised its a much easier way of solving the issue..

Im pretty bored over here with nothing to do.. hence the pointless post!

x

sounds good :) i was gonna do what K11stew did with his filler cap and have it in the door, no point cutting up a kevlar kit!

convertable micras are common as muck down here... well almost lol

are you wide tracking your beast? i have got longer swing arms, rear beam and steering rack through Matt. top notch stuff too :)

sounds good :) i was gonna do what K11stew did with his filler cap and have it in the door, no point cutting up a kevlar kit!

convertable micras are common as muck down here... well almost lol

are you wide tracking your beast? i have got longer swing arms, rear beam and steering rack through Matt. top notch stuff too :)

didnt k11 stew have a problem with his filler cap being in the door? think he relocated it because the petrol struggled to get petrol into the tank. i think its because the pipe from the filler to the tank is to straight or something like that lol. even if you did have the filler cap in the door you also have the risk of getting petrol in your interior! it does look cool but it has its disadvantages.

didnt k11 stew have a problem with his filler cap being in the door? think he relocated it because the petrol struggled to get petrol into the tank. i think its because the pipe from the filler to the tank is to straight or something like that lol. even if you did have the filler cap in the door you also have the risk of getting petrol in your interior! it does look cool but it has its disadvantages.

yea the pipe has to go back on itself which makes the pump click all the time so you have to fill it slowly...

and having the door open just to fill the car is anoying BUT this is a project car and not my day to day car and there for it can be anoying as hell as long as it looks nice lol :)

oh and there is no interior to get petrol on :p stripped!!!

i think its the "wide arch" micra kit ..... matts rally prices can get them, including all the drive shafts and longer wishbones too..

That's great.

I'll be on the phone tomorrow.

Let's just say that with new Toyo Proxes R888 225/50/15 tyre and TD Pro Race 1 wheels (30 offset) on the car, I need bigger arches as they stick out about 2 inches...LOL!

Yeah it's been a while in the making, but I've had quite a bit of help from a number of sources, be it parts or services, where as Kristian is basically going at it himself (I think).

Hats off to him!!!

As for the drag race, who knows...he may get traction right off the line and run a 12 flat at just 110 mph, but it would still be quicker than 'LB'.

Here's to 2007 and hopefully finding out!

Cheers

Dave

its the widearch works replica kit. the real thing can be had from matt humphries

Mine IS the Real thing.. purchased from W.M.M.... Albeit a Prototype

That's great.

I'll be on the phone tomorrow.
!

The Version he sells is a very similar one to mine.. If you have ever seen AYAT's micra THAT iirc is the exact version that Matt Humphries sells...

Mine has complete fibreglass replacment front and rear bumpers in a super s style and the front wings and rear quarters flow into a Running Board Style skirt...

The version he sells doesn't have these..

So unfortunatly I dont think you can get hold of my exact kit...

Let's just say that with new Toyo Proxes R888 225/50/15 tyre and TD Pro Race 1 wheels (30 offset) on the car, I need bigger arches as they stick out about 2 inches...LOL!

Well im now running 225/40/14 Toyo Proxes... Which is a coincidence!!

with Alloys of et15 I NEED these arches!! lol... Nice to see your concidering the same route...

The tires we have are the same width - However yours are slightly larger in diameter.. Which might affect things..

In a drag race Id be very surprised to see me win against little bandit but I wont be a million miles away.. I know that!.. he he

The difference Between 12secs and 10 secs is a lot of money and time and ive not got either at the moment..!!

Would be a SERIOUSLY good sight to see them go down together tho!! !!!! Need some pics of that!!!

NISMO_ALMERA:

If your going to have your arches fitted then please do it after this Spring/Summer season so I can get some time down the strip with yah as it your car will be in the shop for quite a while getting them fitted!!

:p :p :p :p

This is a great View of the 'Go-cart' style look of my wheels with out the arches!..

This was with the 195-45-14 on btw..

dscn3537qr1.jpg

... and on another note..!!

E-approved, MOT friendly harnesses arrived !!

dsc00059bh6.jpg

i have a copy of the works kit.

and Matt's kit,

Matt's kit has bigger arches and doesn't flow into the bodywork as much, and like Kristian said it doesn't have the side skirts. the works kit has super s bumpers where as Matt's one is a non sports model bumper with a molded mark 2 grill and a splitter/lip thing.

also Matt's kit comes in carbon fiber :p

...and the price of the carbon fibre kit NEX?

when you say its got bigger arches.. you mean the actual size of the cut out for the wheel not the additional width of the arch..

you need 17-18'' alloys to fill those arches for a road car, such as Ayat did..

Mine are the same 'bore' as standard, its just the additional width to the arch....in which case it comes down to personal preference.. for a rally car I would reccomend the current larger bore arches.. for a street\tarmac car I would recommend the normal ones..

...and the price of the carbon fibre kit NEX?

when you say its got bigger arches.. you mean the actual size of the cut out for the wheel not the additional width of the arch..

you need 17-18'' alloys to fill those arches for a road car, such as Ayat did..

Mine are the same 'bore' as standard, its just the additional width to the arch....in which case it comes down to personal preference.. for a rally car I would reccomend the current larger bore arches.. for a street\tarmac car I would recommend the normal ones..

well lets just say there is a hole in my pocket were a fat wedge of cash used to be lol :D

yep the diameter for the wheels is bigger so you can have bigger wheels or lower the car more... they are 5cm wider each side... which makes it about a grand a cm!!!!!

well i'm gonna be running 16" possibly 17" oz superturizmos in white :D but the car will be slammed! like an inch off the ground for track days...

don't forget, the works kit looks better too :down: thats why i customised the works one and then got custom bumpers made up and some interesting side skirts too ;)

does anyone mates know Batch email address? ive been tryin 2 contact him for couple weeks and still with no reply he hasnt been checkin his post so anyhelp?

Back