• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

Do not, and I repeat that, do not replace the internals for forged units if all you are planning for is around the 300 HP mark.

If you are gonna rip the engine apart then fit some ARP rod bolts and a Cometic head gasket, but that is all!

The SR20 internals are well proven to be good for 400+ HP, so you are well safe.

Look at my setup for example...Nissan crank and pistons and still going strong!!!

So with the above modifications and a general overhaul and clean up.. /what safe boost can I run.. with standard precat eZX Highport block..?

thanks..

Depends what size turbo you use and at what compression with with management...too many factors!

An SR20DE can safely run 8 psi on a GTiR T28 10:1 compression engine with a simple remap.

Best thing to do is see...www.sr20forum.com

About your rad i'm having the same problem for space to fit one in my micra aswell. I have come across alloy honda civic ones on ebay for not much money for what they are, but i don't know will it suit you conversion let me know if it does though.

Robert Whelan said:
About your rad i'm having the same problem for space to fit one in my micra aswell. I have come across alloy honda civic ones on ebay for not much money for what they are, but i don't know will it suit you conversion let me know if it does though.

Im in the process of looking for a smaller RADIATOR now..

If you find somthing suitable.. please post it.. Somthing around about 2/3rds the size... possibly half the size if much thicker..

cheers

one of the biggest decisions ive made today.. its been going round my mind for quite a while now.. I mentioned this at the NW bowling meet ...

Drum roll please......

Ive decided on a color!...... or two to be exact..!! lol...

I think 'Sonic' might have an idea as to what it is..

Keep it schtung mate!! lol!!!

Like when the car was in yellow... Its a color I really like on a modified car and gives a definate motorsport look... but its not yellow!! lol

halfords orange?

kris u should do it with the nissan decals like the k10 from europe

DSC01842.jpg

full on race theme

paul_k10_Lx said:

nissan do this from the factory on the top spec pickups...

Paul ad me to ur msn so i can get some photoshops done..
PLZZZ!

i_love_white_chocolate @ hotmail . com

u have to sear to secrecy tho

theres a k12 up here with that colour/sticker theme. its not the 350sr unless they taken off the wide arches and shortend the track lol

i think this would look good on your car mate.

Ok.. well some more work done today before Richmicratwister turned up

I destroyed his car then rebuilt it... lol.. he gave a lift.. cheers dog!..

SO.. .......

.........got the door window winders all fitted and glass and rubbers too..

.........Fitted the new ignition barrel and steering lock... tested

Heres a little rundown of whats left to finish on the car before mot...

------------BODYWORK-------:

Fit smaller RAD

Buildup the frontend

Blend in the rear quarters

Run over the dings in the bodywork..

Prime up the blending and blow over the roof in yellow...

Fit the Skirts..

Fit door locks and wire up door poppers...

------------Chassis-------:

Buy and fit front and rear whiteline antiroll bars..

Buy and fit rear whiteline trailing arms

fit strutbrace

Bleed brakes..

------------Engine-------:

Cut two mounts and move them slightly..

Fabricate rest of exhaust system....

I would hazard a guess at 75% finished...

ALL the front lights work- mainbeam, dipped, sidelight, indicators

ALL rear lights work- Stop and tail, indicators,reverse and fog..

ALL the dials work, ignition, fuel, temp, oil pressure, tacho, indicators, low brake fluid/handbrake...-bar I need a speedo cable

The gear linkage and gearbox fully work..

The cooling and waterpump fully function and maintain perfectly..

The car idles and fuels well.. throttle response is instant and clutch seems 100%

So as a 'state of play' I think all the hard work has been done.. the electrics all work.. the engine starts and runs well and the gearbox and drivetrain functions as they should...

It all comes down to getting a smaller performance Radiator and just taking some time with the bodywork.. blending, strenghening..

getting there PHEW!

kristian said:
one of the biggest decisions ive made today.. its been going round my mind for quite a while now.. I mentioned this at the NW bowling meet ...

Drum roll please......

Ive decided on a color!...... or two to be exact..!! lol...

I think 'Sonic' might have an idea as to what it is..
yeah I remember, go for it Kris it'll look top, a real head turner.

..cant really get anything done this weekend.. unless I finish nice and early with Spike...

Then its will be just bodywork..

Its going to be a while now until there are any big advancements..

I need a rad and a battery... GRR!!!

Done a bit of shopping....

Mint condition GTIR front calipers and discs and pads

Gtir Turbo downpipe

Gtir Turbo elbow

Gtir Turbo - intercooler - hardpipe

D1 Racing Snap-off steering wheel hub to go with my Raid boss..

Decat

Loads of 2.5'' Stainless exhaust mandrel 30', 45', 90's straights - im getting a either a TIG or professional MIG, doing the full exhaust system myself.. (and will be open to other work people!, you will see soon anyway.)

things have come up over the last few weeks to hinder any progress with the car..

This weekend im aiming to remove both the 'chassis leg' mounts that Ian welded into the car, Ive since strengthend these but after fitting the shafts and some serious deliberation, ive decided that they need changing... one is just not upto the job and I want the car 110%, im also modifying the front mount/brace this was welded onto a weak part of the crossmember..

:( Better bite the bullet and get them done :(

although ive not posted any pics yet the interior is almost done, dash,carpet,buckets, dials etc are all in.. waiting for funds for the Rollcage now...

Bar the mounts the only setback now is the need for a radiator.. just a Rad, some harnesses and finishing the fibreglass work are stopping me from MOTing the car now...

.. cant I just borrow yours ian? lol!

Il hopefully have something sorted for the weekend..

mmmm sounds like you've got your hands full there... i'm a particular fan of that D1 Snap Off Boss kit you've got (Y) ;)

Like I said at the start of the project...the best thing to is use an Almera GTi front crossmember.

Cut off the Micra unit, weld on the GTi piece and then use the Sunny GTi or Almera GTi engine brace.

It works a treat and looks as it should have done from the factory.

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Like I said at the start of the project...the best thing to is use an Almera GTi front crossmember.

Cut off the Micra unit, weld on the GTi piece and then use the Sunny GTi or Almera GTi engine brace.

It works a treat and looks as it should have done from the factory.

Cheers,

You litterally mean just the cross member?

How does this sit with regards to the Length of the engine brace?..

goldstar0011 said:
Anymore pics? we all love pics of progress

There are lots of pics.. I take pics of anything I can..

Anything that will be useful if I do this again.

I just try and remember the rest..

Ive been looking at it today too.. Im not going to have a problem at all I think.. Ive got loads of fabrication steel to brace it all up..

If a tad overly engineered, that wont be a problem.. Better safe than sorry!

only looking at possible an extra 2Kgs in extra bracing at the front..

NISMO ALMERA:

Havn't you looked at carbonfibre/glassfibre replacment panels to further significantly reduce your weight and increase your performance?..

As you know, everything counts in the 1/4 mile stakes..

Ive decided to go with the badboy bonnet. Ive got hold of a spare and fancied trying it... and think it looks really well with the new grill...

Gonna do it to my yellow bonnet now and sell this red one on when they are both finished... if anyone is interested..

Got some work done today too.. Blending and smoothing..

..the skirts are on and all the rear quarters are fibreglassed on and bracketed up..

dsc00054nd5.jpg

dsc00055yh3.jpg

Need a bloody Rad!

kristian said:
Ive been looking at it today too.. Im not going to have a problem at all I think.. Ive got loads of fabrication steel to brace it all up..

If a tad overly engineered, that wont be a problem.. Better safe than sorry!

only looking at possible an extra 2Kgs in extra bracing at the front..

NISMO ALMERA:

Havn't you looked at carbonfibre/glassfibre replacment panels to further significantly reduce your weight and increase your performance?..

As you know, everything counts in the 1/4 mile stakes..

Nah, too much money!

I was quoted in excess of £1000 for a true lightweight CF bonnet (not a CF covered glass fibre one).

I am actually trying to change the car a bit so that I can get it back on the track as opposed to straight line stuff all the time.

The car is now entirely poly-bushed and I have just fitted Whiteline anti-roll bars in the front & rear.

I also receieved my Leda suspension on Thursday (all £1300 worth for just the front) and fitted it on Friday. I will have to set up the camber & ride height but with the adjustable damping on both compression & rebound, it should be good for the twisties.

Here's a few pics(sorry about the camera phone quality)...

You can see the remote dampening cylinders on either side of the picture.

Suspension1.jpg

Suspension2.jpg

Bit too low me thinks...

I also modified my OMP strut brace to fit, as the manifold got in the way, so I cut the brackets off, turned them around and welded them back on. Coat of primer, paint & lacquer and it looks brand new!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. The new turbo is on!!!

oooohhhh dave, youve just made my day !

i have been bored all day andthe pic of your engine bay with the custom metal work has made me grin !

thats lovley

Kris that is going to look V nice....if you go for a final colour of green too..... then it will be such a piece of art !

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Nah, too much money!

I was quoted in excess of £1000 for a true lightweight CF bonnet (not a CF covered glass fibre one).

I am actually trying to change the car a bit so that I can get it back on the track as opposed to straight line stuff all the time.

The car is now entirely poly-bushed and I have just fitted Whiteline anti-roll bars in the front & rear.

I also receieved my Leda suspension on Thursday (all £1300 worth for just the front) and fitted it on Friday. I will have to set up the camber & ride height but with the adjustable damping on both compression & rebound, it should be good for the twisties.

Here's a few pics(sorry about the camera phone quality)...

You can see the remote dampening cylinders on either side of the picture.

Suspension1.jpg

Suspension2.jpg

Bit too low me thinks...

I also modified my OMP strut brace to fit, as the manifold got in the way, so I cut the brackets off, turned them around and welded them back on. Coat of primer, paint & lacquer and it looks brand new!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. The new turbo is on!!!

Could you not of just turned the brace around and re-drilled the holes?

if you run into any trouble with the bad boy bonnet then let me know ;)

there is a trick to getting the headlights far enough back, stopping the grill from bending and getting it to shut properly ;)

Spike said:
nice bonnet there...

lol... I can do yours too mate.. Just add it to your shopping list for when you come up lol!

NeX said:
if you run into any trouble with the bad boy bonnet then let me know ;)

there is a trick to getting the headlights far enough back, stopping the grill from bending and getting it to shut properly ;)

I know all the tricks mate :p

Doing the badboy bonnet also is a sly way of helping with the dreaded 'bonnet gaps' problem..

Surprisingly im having no trouble at all lining things up.. in fact concidering im going from a Facelift to a 'fibreglass' prefaclift with different bonnets etc..

Im very pleased...

The bonnet on the yellow wide arch micra was of my old 1.3 GX in lovely mettalic green... The Red on in the pics ^above^ was SPIKES old one I bought off him.. Im aiming for a full fibreglass replacment of one and Bonnet pins are being used anyway.. So no problems with 'catching the latch'

right, cos im trying to buy this car from someone, who happens to live in lancs, and I dunno if my backbox is salvagable, once i've up and running with a new motor Nex and Detox are helping me transfer and strip, but im gonna need the windows doing again, but in a 3 door shouldnt be to hard, but yeah, I mean I wanted the scoop properly cut and smoothed in so may aswell badboy it while were at it, I mean, at the moment ive finished the interior with everything, so I was gonna start on the outside in a few weeks or so.

We'll discuss this further on msn or somthing, but you already know which way im heading anyway lol

Hey Kristian, if your selling the Red Badboy fully painted, i'll want that one :).

Did you get my £30 btw?

Darren.

I did mate,

MUCHO THANKS O!

I will have the one on the car for sale mid week in AJ4 Red.. The bonnet will be minter but the paint on the topside wont be 100% I can only really paint small things.. anything large like a bonnet will show inperfections in the rattler paint.. It will look good. more like 90% as oppose to 100%..

Ill post up some pics anyway mate and see what you think.. If you wanted them both.. Id prob drive up and meet you somewhere to save getting the grill and bonnet smashed up in the post..

kristian said:
I did mate,

MUCHO THANKS O!

I will have the one on the car for sale mid week in AJ4 Red.. The bonnet will be minter but the paint on the topside wont be 100% I can only really paint small things.. anything large like a bonnet will show inperfections in the rattler paint.. It will look good. more like 90% as oppose to 100%..

Ill post up some pics anyway mate and see what you think.. If you wanted them both.. Id prob drive up and meet you somewhere to save getting the grill and bonnet smashed up in the post..

I have the Grill mate, just full payment I sent :)

Only thing is your a hell of a distance away, We can sort something, will finish the front off nicely.

D4R73N said:
I have the Grill mate, just full payment I sent :)

Only thing is your a hell of a distance away, We can sort something, will finish the front off nicely.

sorry mate, got you mixed up with sombody else

Ha ha

will have some pics later..

yo mate

youre the one!.. lol.. similar car! ha ha...

Yes mate,

Its being posted 1st thing in the morning.. finished it today..

-------------

Ive had a small setback with the mounts and also want/need to save up for some new bits..

rollcage-Rad-intercooler-turbo-welder-exhaust componants-whiteline stuff etc

Im just going to concentrate on the bodywork for a while and leave the mechanical for a few weeks maybe a month or two....

Im in the process of moving house now into my OWN house! lol... So my time and money are scarce at the moment...

Hopfully in a little white, maybe after xmas.. Im going to have a serious splattering of goodies to drop on the car!!

dsc00002jd4.jpg

Im very happy with the look im going for now though.. Ive decided on a color scheme and cant wait to show off my exhaust!..

he he

cheers for the good comments guys

Back