• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

While doing some work today on some very overdue grills for sombody, I decided to tackle the tricky exhaust on the micra..

So..

For your information, a full 3'' Mandrel bent system will fit over a K11 micra rear axle..

The car is lowered with 35mm Gmax springs but has next to nothing in the back... It will be being lowered a little bit more.. but if your looking at 70mm lowering etc, it might get a little bit tricky...

Still...

easy enough..

cimg1690zd0.jpg

cimg1688cn3.jpg

Im waiting for some more pieces of exhaust and some flanges to arrive and im set to finish the whole system, hope they arrive tomorrow so I can hear the thing now!

yer, im goiong to upgrade to predator drilled and/or grooved rear discs in addition to the groved front GTIR ones..

Another delivery today!...

Specifically ordered this one from america as amonst other properties its got a full 3'' Inlet Through..

Its a work of art!.. look at the welds.!

Very light too!

dscn3936yw0.jpg

that hks exhaust looks the nuts!
i think kris would've mentioned here if it was an hsk jobbie!!! lol
as i've said before, i've seen typhoo on the side of busses, it doesn't mean they are full of tea leaves. lol :D

Its a ' T304 Stainless HKS fireball copy.. So I stuck an alu emblem on...

Basically the same exhaust but without the expense... Although im sure somone will say how the Internal cladding isn't the correct polarity to HKS standards or some rubbish...

However the Turbo Down pipe Ive got IS a real HKS one.. he he.. although im having to cut it and shorten it a little, does this mean its not HKS anymore? or does it matter? :p

PADDY:

Ive still got the rear cans for the boot exit, So its a possibility but maybe if the car was going for track use only in the future... Its not the amont of work involved its just having an exhaust in the back of the car is impractical... For MOT's etc...

as i've said before, i've seen typhoo on the side of busses, it doesn't mean they are full of tea leaves. lol :D

thats doesn't really work.. IF you bought some 'typo' imitation tea instead of 'typhoo'... do they taste the same, to warrent the huge hike in price..?

thats doesn't really work.. IF you bought some 'typo' imitation tea instead of 'typhoo'... do they taste the same, to warrent the huge hike in price..?

all i know is that i buy kellogs cornflakes, not tesco crunchflakes. but i agree with you about car parts though, just not food. lol

Well the rest of my exhaust system has arrived!! So Im just waiting for my new welder to arrive by curior...!...

So the exhaust should be done soon.. then its bleeding all the brakes and finishing off the interior!..

anyone recognise this?

cimg1686rk1.jpg

cimg1685vr5.jpg

Since I sold the primera its my runaround while im waiting for my new micra.. Which is my small project while I save up for my S14a..

Its going to the g.f after so ive started to modify/tart it up it a little:

Ive got the rear window left to tint..
Then removing the 'micra' decal from the side..
Then a T-cut
Then a new front crossmember- purchased
Then new p/s Hub- purchased
Then a her full sound system and RCL and alarm etc..
Then a smooth boot
Then changing the alloys
..Poss some lowering springs

...the g.f is paying for everything im just doing the work.. lol

The car is really quite excellent condition bar a few small things that are soon to be sorted.... Esp for a car thats 14yrs old!!

Its really wierd to be driving a relativly standard 1.3 super s.. nippier than I remember!! ha ha, But the economy is a god send.. which is why im going back to a 1.3 k11 while im buying my new house.. my funds are taking a knocking and I dont want to have to sell up on the project!!

Kristian wot suspension have you used?have you shorten the primera ones or u can use them without changing them?

wot driveshaft have you used to ur micra?

yer, ive not actually sorted the problem as it presented itself on the way home.. now its just gone away.. happened maybe twice in that last two weeks for just a moment..

So Its sort of fixed..

Its very hard to Diagnose a problem that appears then goes within seconds.. Let alone fix..

Felt to me like a fuel problem, so im gonna replace everything until im certain its sorted..

Starting with the fuel filter.. lol

...also the tacho needs looking at which MIGHT be linked with the problem although id be surprised if it was..

its had a problem that was vvery 'typical AIR MASS METER' type stuff.. but its not the Air mass meter.. it performs perfectly for for hours.. then had a blip for about a second..

as in... a sudden loss of power..

then its all fine again..

oh yer....

Got all my exhaust componants bar some that were lost by 'Royal' Mail....

AND my new welder.. so stainless welding and ALu here I COME !!! lol...

I had a problem with my k11 similar to the MAF issue. However, mine turned out to be a fault AAC Valve.

Put a multi-meter across pins 2 and 3 then across 3 and 4 and you should get a reading of 50-100 ohms. If this is fine, remove the valve and check it opens and closes smoothly without sticking.

The AAC valve is the one at the front as you look at the throttle body whilst it's fitted.

cimg17182ff.jpg

It.. Sounds... AWESOME!

Im trying to get a video of the car moving and the play in the exhaust uploaded.. but my cams playing up..

Kris,

As I mentioned on your other project with Andy, I've been watching this project since I first joined and every time I look it just makes me smile more and more. It looks amazing and can't wait to see a vid of it moving and hear the roar!!

All the best with it,

Chris.

Well my sweet nuts have arrived.. ;p

How sweet can Stud Nuts be?

They are advertised as 0.9 Ounces but according to the rather accurate scales ive just used..

Ultra light weight .87oz each.. thats UNDER 25grams per Nut..

cimg1770ew1.jpg

And also a fancy color to suit things !
They came with matching valve-stems too which are to be fitted..

Not any progress recently due to my moving into my new house and lack of daylight and cold weather...

cimg1753eg1.jpg

So close! Grrr!

Just a few full decent days on the bodywork and interior to finish!

on the rev counter issue.. f u push it ibn it works ... so maybe jus a loose connection in the dials... nice car that black 1 :p

pepper

Well my sweet nuts have arrived.. ;p

How sweet can Stud Nuts be?

They are advertised as 0.9 Ounces but according to the rather accurate scales ive just used..

Ultra light weight .87oz each.. thats UNDER 25grams per Nut..

cimg1770ew1.jpg

And also a fancy color to suit things !
They came with matching valve-stems too which are to be fitted..

Not any progress recently due to my moving into my new house and lack of daylight and cold weather...

cimg1753eg1.jpg

So close! Grrr!

Just a few full decent days on the bodywork and interior to finish!

Can you give me the link where you bought the nuts?Thank you! :love:

wheres her badboy bonnet ?

looking great mate, i'm so jelous of your progress lol, mine shell is being sand blasted so i have MILES to go lol

great work, i can't wait to see it :D

The bad boy bonnet is in the garage, im using the standard one to line everything up with.. as the badboy covers the joins on the front..

if that makes sense..? lol

There are loads of relativly small things to get sorted on it.. just time consuming..

In other news..

My Whiteline Adjustable Camber kit and Adjustable Castor Kit has arrived! lol

Im in ireland at the moment with work.

I'm very unsure if the car will make it to donnington.. Its not a case of monies its just down to some time.. with me buying my house and moving in as soon as 1 week..

Im not going to get a chance to finish it, in time for then..

Ive been meaning to put some time in since xmas but haven't had a second to spare with work.

I could possibly cut a few corners and maybe have it present but I wouldn't do that. However do I REALLY need to get it finished VERY soon as I dont want it to drag on any longer and become sold off.

Im estimating only around 4 full days are needed to finish it ready for the MOT afterwhich its of to the bodyshop.. I want to take some time off work but thats just not possible at the moment.

ARGH!!!

Its frustrating that it WILL be finished soon but not in time for Donny07..

Ill see how the next 2 weeks go..

Kristian

Ive not fitted it yet... I looks not adjustable so I might be wrong

There might be different versions although this is unlikely..

Got any pics of it fitted?

Back