Sr20de

Hey all barry here
Been thinking bout putting the 1.3 engine in carols, micra,
But as my dad has just got another engine for his c23 serena nismo replica,
It was orginaly running an sr20de ( non turbo silvia engine)
He got a cheap sr20deT the turbo version,

Now i know it will fit, but do you think its a waste of time to be put in the micra, or hould i sell it and get a good low millage 1.3 and supercharge it.

I have heared of micras running this engine, and if im not mistaken there was a k10 running this engine somewhere, but the lure of 150 bhp from an na engine is pretty good, although in theory if the sr20 fits what about the sr16ve from the jdm pulsar vz-r 170 something was it not?

But as i will be getting a k11 myself soon, (1.3) im tempted to do the conversion to one of the cars,

What say you guys?

the sr20 isnt a straight engine sawp, you need to make up some engine mounts, driveshafts, loom and ecu iirc....the 1.6 almera/primera engine how ever fits straight swap iirc lol....its somthing everyone wants to do to a micra but is costly!

id love to see a sr16ve from the vz-r in micra tho! that would be awsome! the sound of the cams changing and increse in noise is pure sex!

I was thinking that plus getting the gearnbox and driveshafts...

But the sr16ve should go in if the almera 1.6 fits easyier, all i need to do is source one,

We just want to do something different with out micras that isnt really a comon mod, ie transplanting the cga engine,

Any other hidden pit falls you can think off with regards to this swap, not including the ecu

Or of course when i get mine i try to find this,

800px-Nissan_March_Box_001.JPG

an estate version called Box (WK11), which was unveiled on November 1999, with a double folding rear seat, along with an automatic transmission four-wheel drive model

peronally i wouldnt know as i dont have any experiance with swapping engines...i only know the obvious lol the 1.6 should be easier. the 2.0 is loads more work!

heres a link to wide_arch_boys 1.6 engine swap http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17244

and broony is currently starting a 1.6 engine swap. on page two i think or the bottem of page one ;)
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=15710

also the estate was released in malyasia and japan i think...malyasia still make k11's!

Wow at that K11! Never seen one like that before

it's called the box iirc,

also, the ga16 engine isn't a straight swap. almost as much work as a sr20, and on that note the sr16ve is the same dimensions as the sr20de, so still would be loads of hassle, i think someone on cisco's site has done a sr16ve though. they are 175bhp, or the vz-r n1 is 200bhp, but still sr16ve, i think. or get the even rarer sr20ve. again same amount of work as sr16ve ;)

Back