• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k11stew's Micra Blog

woohoo painted!

finsihed painting it at half 3 today.

what a rush its gonna be tomorrow to flat and polish the car with 1500, put new discs and pads on, check all levels, valet the interior, and fit all ice back in!

looks like its got a canny shine off the gun so the polish tomorrow should make it even sweeter!

doubt ill be able to get any finished shots up though as were off to a car show tomorrow night. maybe sunday for more pics!!

happy stew!

2.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

1001-1.jpg

1002-1.jpg

1003-1.jpg

1004-1.jpg

1005-1.jpg

1006-1.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

cheers bud.

the colour never ever shows up right in pics!

in some pics it looks white, others it looks mustard and sometimes even lime green!

which is strange seeing as its just a basic 2 pack yellow mix! might be the silver base coat!

lol you're a brave man spraying without a coverall on....did you get the yellow off yours arms or do you have a slight tinge in certain lighting conditions :p

car looks sweet though, cant wait to see it complete;)

wasnt me spraying mate! i wouldnt trust myself to do a full car as it aint my trade!

buy yeah vinnys arms looked like a hairy swedish sheep shearers afterwards!

cheers for the comments guys, keep em coming, good or bad!

Looks great mate!!! Seems like everything you have done has complimented the car, and it looks much better than before. Still not sure in my opinion that you chose the nicest colour around, but there's certainly worse and if you like it thats all that counts. :) I like it even more though now... nice work. I agree with Philzee, I think chrome wheels would look good, also are you keeping those exhausts on or are you getting a new system??

To me it doesn't really look any different than what it was like before. The sideskirts are too bulky, wheels don't suit the colour and the Nippon bumper does not go well with the Golf headlights.

cheers for the comments guys!

not getting chrome wheels thats a definate! ive never been a big fan of them and im too lazy to clean them enough!

to the guy who said it doesnt look that much different, it wasnt supposed to, the main things i wanted to change have all been done...change bonnet, change front bumper, change back bumper but keep same shape, put bodyline back in under windows...

other bits like the barchetta door handles and coupe wing mirrors were just last minute thoughts of brilliance!

also the sideskirts do stick out, but i cut them down so that the side view of the car, the edge of the skirts met the edge of the tyre. but yeah they are bulky!

the colour - when it originally got painted this colour it was just a last minute decision! but i really love it, its just so simple but effective.

ill get more pics up when i get back to mine, on my lasses comp atm.

cheers again!

k11stew said:
cheers for the comments guys!

other bits like the barchetta door handles and coupe wing mirrors were just last minute thoughts of brilliance!

lol nice one :)

car looks soooo goood :D

nice work, but question time (you asked for comments)

Shouldn't you spray each part of the car dissasembled? Like, the kit parts, sprayed seperately, not ON the car? isnt that a bit dodgey? and... take the lights out, etc?

just wondering, because I'd like to spray my K11, but wondering what kind of prep work is required. I want to rub it back, repair, prime, etc as it has some minor imperfections, etc... I also have a kit ready to go on (which is bare plastic at the mo) and need some info on prepping it (etch prime?) etc...

good job!

Ghetto Micra said:
nice work, but question time (you asked for comments)

Shouldn't you spray each part of the car dissasembled? Like, the kit parts, sprayed seperately, not ON the car? isnt that a bit dodgey? and... take the lights out, etc?

just wondering, because I'd like to spray my K11, but wondering what kind of prep work is required. I want to rub it back, repair, prime, etc as it has some minor imperfections, etc... I also have a kit ready to go on (which is bare plastic at the mo) and need some info on prepping it (etch prime?) etc...

good job!

its not essential, but depends whos doing it and the price you pay really.

everything had to be done on a budget so it isnt the most expensive, perfect job ever but its all i want!

the bumpers etc were unbolted so that they dropped down, so that the top edges could be painted. but it is a good idea to remove them completely, if you know theyll go back on with ease so they dont get damaged, which we werent as they were a tricky fit.

a few pics from juice modifed car show this weekend. the blue clio is my pal seans, awesome car, again done on a budget...

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

1023.jpg

1024.jpg

Photo-0.jpg

Photo-0021.jpg

Photo-0018.jpg

Photo-0019.jpg

Photo-00.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

*edited due to link break!*

Awesome mate. I saw that blue clio at the cruise up in Newcastle the other week, looked very nice. :) Car looks better than ever.

sod the cars... whos the girls?

very nice......lol

good work and nice little touches........but its not my style.....

best car ive seen so far was raceworx old SR20de........ no bump strips, blacked lights, low as a nats sack and black side skirts......loved that car...

in fact i have it as my dektop picture...lol

But Raceworx's car was never actually used on the road, this is the 3rd incarnation of k11stews car and still has 2 other cars to get done

Complete respect for k11stew as he's probably the only person to say he'll do something and will do it 100% of the time

Skirts
Front bumper
Rear bumper
Door handles
Bonnet
Wheel colour
Petrol cap
Wing Mirrors
Body line under the windows

I know theres more but can't remember :(

harsh goldstar but true.. it wasnt as if i said i was going to do it and then not do it.. i did it but didnt have the cash to finish it...

sorry man, it weren't meant to come across like I was being harsh, you tired and would have finished if money was not an option, no doubt about that!

Just meant I'm glad to see someone say "I'm gonna do this...." and then getting to see it, always a disappointment when someone has to give up on a project!

well as a few of you know i bought the 'dead engine k11' that was in buy and sell a while back for my girlfriend.

turned out to be a bloody bargain!

paid £100 for the car, hoyed the engine out of dusks wide arch k11 in, sorted out all the electrical faults, then put it in for its mot.

it only failed on a cv boot, result!!

so it went from the test centre up to the bodyshop for a small transformation!

all work is being done at mel horn, east cramlington ind est...

heres the progress....

the day we got it, totally standard, yummy!

0021.jpg

on went some red tinted rear lights...

0025.jpg

0026.jpg

then went on a parts collecting mission, picking up 2 super s front bumpers, a super s rear with number plate recess, 13" alloys, lowering springs and electric window motors.

at the bodyshop...

front end stripped, needs a bit welding on the crossmember but thats nowt...

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

A018.jpg

side strips ripped off...

A017.jpg

custom grille in the making...

A013.jpg

A014.jpg

A015.jpg

A016.jpg

A020.jpg

plates welded in for delocking, smoothed ariel and removed side repeaters...

A021.jpg

A022.jpg

A023.jpg

A024.jpg

more progress pics tomorrow...

comments people!!

k11stew said:
you'd be right!!

the bonnet should interest alot of you aswell!

but you's will recognise the colour!!

Let me guess, that lovely yellow colour thats on yours lol. :p Whats happening with the bonnet?? Airbrushing, split bonnet maybe??

close mate! not yellow though!

nowt that extreme for the bonnet, just i dont think what im gonna do has been done before. unsure if it will even look good, but ive doen a photoshop of it and it looks different so im sticking with it.

wish i could change the title of the thread to tell people of updates...?

todays work, alot started but not quite finished...

bonnet extensions...

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

wing extension...

10.jpg

grille prep...

8.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

wedge super s bumper on before home time to get an idea on looks!...

11.jpg

12.jpg

so theres the cat out the bag, the straight cut bonnet! im naming it the 'lazy boy' instead of 'bad boy'!!

still obviously loads to do like, flush the tailgate, grind all welds back etc...but its making progress!!

comments as usual people!

WOW Stew... thats going to look lovely and smooth, we all know it will be 100%perfect because its you mate !

isnt there a kit made that looks like that ? cant remember the name

paddymarsden said:
WOW Stew... thats going to look lovely and smooth, we all know it will be 100%perfect because its you mate !

isnt there a kit made that looks like that ? cant remember the name

wouldnt go that far mate!! nothings ever perfect!

what bit do you mean that looks like a kit??

OMG that looks sooo cool :)

don't know about the grill but all good :)

looks like a photochop that i did with punto lights on it :D are those nismo wheels?

i love the lazy look mate, its been done on other cars but not a micra :) maybe you could make a perspex grill so that the lights join together like they do on that new civic, i was gonna try it on the 1.6 but i ran out of cash :(

how did you sort the headlights from being hit? cos i had a real problem with that when i badboyed my bonnet...

you seem to be taking the same route as my car grr great minds think alike eh?

how did you do the rear bumper? thats not a super s one is it? does the rear crash barrer get in the way?

sorry for all the questions i'm sure you are very busy lol

oh and PS you could cut out the number plate riser and fit the number plate to the grill :) and "lazy boy" the fogs too :D:D:D

i recognise them bumpers :laugh:

sweet idea... i was thinking lazy eye as well when i bad boy'd my k11 but i didnt want to respray the wings, but i like it....

i think you should keep the blue, looks very nice. Looks like the same blue as Yom' :)

I love seeing as micra with a standard exhaust... its so small haha

Back