• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 Micra (First Car)

Hey guys, not much progress over the last few weeks. My weekends have been a bit busy so no time for the car except for driving it round places.

I noticed the seal around the windscreen had gaps in it:

NMtypbm.jpg

bOGkIyP.jpg

Is this anything I should be worried about? I haven't noticed any leaks or damp patches in the car yet, but thought I'd check just in case.

Yeah might do that. I figured it might cause problems down the line with water getting in and ruining my interior / causing rust.

Updates! But not all positive however :(

Got round to installing the spoiler yesterday. Used white Tiger Seal and some masking tape to keep it still whilst it dried:

3aKvuap.jpg

aGx7rWI.jpg

3ZCokEo.jpg

However when I got it home and checked it the next morning, the whole thing had sunk back and wasn't bonded properly. I had to take it off and rethink. I didn't want it flying off whilst on the dual carriageway, and the white sealant looked like ass. I've got some cleaner to remove the excess anyway. I suspect we may have used too much sealant. It's bonded to the panels well enough, but the stuff in between was still gooey. What we'll probably do is take the whole tailgate off, use less sealant and use clamps to keep it all in place. Until I clean it off, it looks like this...

lap4T6B.jpg

On the plus side, I received these goodies in the post today:

8perZzp.jpg

Clear side repeaters and front door pockets with cup holders. Will need to remove the door cards to fit the pockets, but the repeaters are on already:

TzjCJJC.jpg

Thanks for reading. If anyone has any tips on getting these spoilers on (I don't have the mounting holes on my tailgate), please let me know.

Stuart, go to your local plastics company and buy a tube of "stixall" fix your spoiler with that (I did) fits instantly, drive away no problem - about £6. Mine has been on 2 years with no trouble at all. Different colours as well.

Stuart, go to your local plastics company and buy a tube of "stixall" fix your spoiler with that (I did) fits instantly, drive away no problem - about £6. Mine has been on 2 years with no trouble at all. Different colours as well.

I think I might try that... Tom (Micrapro) and me fitted my lovely spoiler but one side was a beeeatch and refuses to stay in position (yeah, that was the side Tom was holding...ehem...ehem)...so I'll need to take it off and try again...

It's a shame really cause it looked really good on the car :(

I'm trying to get the white stuff off the boot lid now. Any suggestions on removing Tiger Seal?

I took my old spoiler off with a wood chisel, worked lovely, any scratches are covered by the new spoiler.
Stixall is gobsmacking good, get it in the right position and it will stay there - promise.

I nearly did, but it's double skinned and would be an absolute pain to get the holes to line up. I couldn't even do that right on my parcel shelf speakers.

Done with with @Vic222, measured the holes on mine and them marked them on his drilled top one, then open boot drill then make it a lot wider so you can get socket in, job done

His lined up perfect when we did it :)

I can see it going horribly wrong with mine. I'll just stick with the adhesive for now, and do it properly this time.

Done with with @Vic222, measured the holes on mine and them marked them on his drilled top one, then open boot drill then make it a lot wider so you can get socket in, job done

His lined up perfect when we did it :)
did mine like that too :) there are 2 circular flatspots on the inside (where the socket hole needs to be)

Ahh. I do recall seeing those on the inside of my car. I'll discuss it with Ryan and see what we can do with the tools we have. Hopefully he still has the brackets at his place.

It's superficial damage by the looks of things. Car still drives fine. Won't know for sure until I get the wing off.

So have been speaking with @Shamalam about fog light wiring, and he tells me that apparently you may not need a loom to go from that purple connector to the back of each light, there should be another connector on the other side (I may have got this wrong so let me know). I couldn't find another connector on the passenger side, so not too sure to be honest. That purple connector does seem to go straight into the back of one of the foglights though. I also took a picture of the engine bay fusebox and the interior fusebox if this helps:

FnK0GiO.jpg

KNinpNy.jpg

There is a 15A fuse in the foglight slot in the interior fuse panel.

Whilst I was in the car, I decided to take a look at the A-pillar trims for some speaker wiring. The passenger side has the 2-pin brown connector:

0Acfrbh.jpg

...But the driver's side doesn't?

w41utTA.jpg

I checked down the side of the dashboard, but I can't find it. How strange. Any ideas with this one?

Not sure how it is in yours, Stufingers, but mine has a live (light green) and earth (black) in tubing, cable-tied behind each headlight for the fogs...I connected the live feed from the relay in my loom directly to that green wire (leaving the earth in place)...but, as your Micra's a bit older, it's probably different....I just looked up all the wire colours in my Haynes first....

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Is there a specific name or part number for this connector:

CWSWIA2.jpg

I should be able to get another on eBay for a few pennies and splice it in no problem. If there's a female version I can make my own harness so I don't have to cut into this one.

If I remeber rightly we checked the connections and that wire did nothing for me even with fog switch, it was dead

Once I've got my foglight stalk and a relay, I'll jam a multimeter in the connector and see what happens. I still need new bulbs for the fogs anyway, so I won't know if they work even once connected properly.

Yeah man do. We checked earth with no luck to. Hope you get it working. I am just going to use the fog like holes for brake ducting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I was going to check back and see how he did it. As long as that cable has power when the fog switch is on, the rest is easy. If anyone can tell the name of the connector though, will make my life a bit easier lol

Back