Rear official spoiler on a 1.0L, how to fit?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi everyone
I've managed to get the official rear SR spoiler from Ash.
I don't have the pre made holes on the top of the inside boot, how to maintain the 2 screws of the spoiler? And how to fit the two side clip?

Any tips or pics would be much appreciated

Thanks

Seb

i just dremelled the bolt shaft and side clips off the spoiler and bonded mine straight on with polyurethane sealant. that way if i wanna sell the car i could take it off to put on another micra with no gaping hole to fill and just sand/repaint the surface

Thanks a lot Frank, I already searched for "rear spoiler" on the forum but didn't find this topic

Pollyp: Thanks for the tips man!
I already thought about polyurethane/silicone but only on the side, where there is a grey sticky line.
It didn't moved a bit since you fit it?

I suppose that's one way of doing it I won't be able to do that when I've finished with mine, lol.

Attachments

• Test Fit 120609 (2) RS.jpg
    Test Fit 120609 (2) RS.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,124
Thanks a lot Frank, I already searched for "rear spoiler" on the forum but didn't find this topic

Pollyp: Thanks for the tips man!
I already thought about polyurethane/silicone but only on the side, where there is a grey sticky line.
It didn't moved a bit since you fit it?

i put a bead of sealant all along the inside spoiler to keep water out, lots of masking tape to hold it in place and ran finger along the edge to neaten the excess. lots of cleaning off the excess dried sealant afterwards with petrol.

stuff is real though when set, spoiler ain't gona come off without being snapped

Spoiler fited :)

Things to do:

-Remove the spoilers stock grey sticking tape, then clean well whith alcohol the area to remove everything.

-Make two holes on the top of the boot for the 2 spoilers screws by fiting it verticaly before the sides have to be in line withe the sides of the boot, make points where those two screws are with a pen to know where to drill. Also make lign all around the spoiler to know where to put sizing and then polyurethane.

-Drill the boots top, then inside the boot make a bigger circular hole to acces the screws from inside and secure with nuts. Make sure the holes are big enought and that you have free access to the screws without problem with your tool, because when you will put the sealant you'll have to be quick, it's harden fast.

-Clean the boot with alcohol, put primer where the sticky tape was following your drawing and wait 15min for drying. Also put primer on the spoiler.

-Put polyurethane on the boot where the sizing is. Don't be affraid, put a lot of it, you'll clean excess with gasoil on a tissue then and make a nice joint.

Pics:
montagespoiler.jpg

Hope it will helps

Cheers

Seb

Hehe thanks mate :) I was glad too that I managed to repair the cracks thanks to fiberglass.
A part of your SR is living in mine Ash, mudflaps, spoiler, and soon cig lighter dashboard and rear parcel.

Also glad to share and help the community with those infos ;)

Seb

I new fibreglass was good for something lol, looking at your car makes me really miss my late Super S, thinkin now that i have started a new job i might just get myself a micra as a track day mess around soon..

And yes keep your blog for your micra updated as i will be checking it out contemplating on how much fun i had with the micra.

PS; still looking for the damn cig lighter, i have searched nearly everywhere in my house looks like i still have the shed to go through so yes i will PM when i have sent that to you.

Back