• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

New micra owner. First car.

Hi all

I bought my first well (second car, there is a story to it :p ) yesterday and it as it happens to be it is a micra. Ive had a run in it today, round the local estate and all is well but just have one question.

The clutch pedal seems to be stiff and as your moving off and trying to reverse, the clutch pedal seems to be pause for an instant before becoming up. Not a major problem, more an inconvenience as when your on the move everything is alright. It may just be the fact that I havent driven another car apart from a 1.2 corsa, which was my instructors car when I was learning.

My car is an 02 plate with 75000 miles on the clock, may post pics in a later post.

Hi all

I bought my first well (second car, there is a story to it :p ) yesterday and it as it happens to be it is a micra. Ive had a run in it today, round the local estate and all is well but just have one question.

The clutch pedal seems to be stiff and as your moving off and trying to reverse, the clutch pedal seems to be pause for an instant before becoming up. Not a major problem, more an inconvenience as when your on the move everything is alright. It may just be the fact that I havent driven another car apart from a 1.2 corsa, which was my instructors car when I was learning.

My car is an 02 plate with 75000 miles on the clock, may post pics in a later post.
Welcome :). I found the same thing with the clutch when I went from my instructors car to my micra, its probably because newer cars tend to have hydraulic clutches which makes it easier to depress the pedal.

The newer 00-02 facelifts have a higher and stiffer clutch. 97-00 have a deeper lighter clutch. Just the type of setup on the car IIRC.

Itl stop when the clutch is worn in enough I think I had this with all my micras and I've got it on this 99 too! Annoying as it pauses like crazy when it's stone cold but it does get a lot easier to drive :)

Well I've had it a week and a half now and I really like it, its a great car to own and a pleasure to drive. It seems to be a solid built machine. Just one other question, is it normal for the right hand side of the car to look like it sits lower just ever so slightly than the left hand side. Ive noticed it seems to be lower down on the right hand side, will post pics of it later in on the week. But I have seen a few other K11's that look the right side hangs slightly lower than the left.

if it was a delivery car or something like that then yeah the suspension would have sagged slightly nothing to worry about though unless its a snapped coil but you would notice tht. plus with high mileage it happens

Sweet, thanks for that its not too bad, just need to think aesthetic mods for her now. Not too much, was thinking of putting standard issue black bumpers on the car and fitting it with some relatively cheap alloys.

micra1.jpg.html

Back