• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My First Micra :D

Hi guys!!

Thought i would finally get round to doing this as ive been on here for about 2 months i think but have had college commitments which take up all my time :p

Bought my first Micra yesterday, first of many i hope :D not driven Her yet but already love her! Heres a small description :)

My long term future plans are:
1. Keep this for a while to build up some no claims and build my knowledge;
2. Sell this and maybe get either a full Super S or something else small and japanese! Possible Glanza V as i adore them!

2002 Nissan Micra S 1 litre 16v 3DR
Light blue/Turquoise/Green (cant work it out)
Done 63000 miles

Good Points!
Seems to be in a relatively fair condition;
Not done too many miles IMO with the age;
Pretty decent Kenwood Head Unit;
Love the colour;
Runs well;
All four genuine Nissan wheel trims!

Bad Points!
Extremely scuffed front wheel trims! (No sexism but last owner was a woman)
Small amount of rust on both doors where the previous owner had finger protector things on the edge;
Boot release and lock constantly stick, have to jiggle to unlock!

Cheapish Plans!
Remove the bumpstrip from the doors, or colour code them;
Colour code corner trim on bumpers;
Colour code plastic front/rear grills;
Change colour of chrome grills;
LED Rear Lights;
Some new headlamps;
Maybe debadge;
Get some new wheel trims/alloys if right price or stay with steels and refurb/paint;
De wiper rearwindscreen;
Paint inside trim different colour;
Sort out rust;

More Expensive Plans!
Super S bumpers;
Maybe some form of spoiler;
Possible respray if i get bored of the colour;
Different rear number plate mount;
Various different handling upgrades;
Lower slightly, maybe 20-30mm;
New dials with Rev Counter;
*Reupholster seats;

Now for some pictures!!! Please excuse bad quality, was taken with my phone :p am hoping to get a better camera soon!
IMG-20120210-01110.jpg

IMG-20120210-01111.jpg

IMG-20120210-01112.jpg

IMG-20120210-01114.jpg

IMG-20120210-01116.jpg

IMG-20120210-01118.jpg

IMG-20120210-01119.jpg

IMG-20120210-01120.jpg

IMG-20120210-01123.jpg

IMG-20120210-01125.jpg

This is all just stuff i've noticed while ive been looking at it, not done any indepth yet! Eg engine, underneath etc!
If anyone has any suggestions, i'll be more than happy to listen as this is the first time doing this!
I will try to update this as regularly as possible, as soon as ive completed something or run into any problems!
Also, i will be joining the MSC soon, just getting money sorted so i know exactly how much ive got!

I paid £1600, do you guys think this is a fair price for mileage/age/condition?

* Seats will need re doing as we live in the countryside so get lots of small furry creatures, one decided to move in overnight and nibble the edge of the seats :( Please excuse the mouse poison in the pictures!

Ben

OP
OP
00bunge00
Cheers! Bit skeptical on the price, what do you think? Taking in the age and mileage :)

Hopefully, now that i have a job at Halfords, i'll have money to do some serious work, with a small staff discount ;)

Looks nice mate :) Not a bad Micra at all! Just gotta stop the nibbling creatures from getting in and your sorted, :p

I'd say the price is a bit steep but that's only because ive paid £300 for each of my Micras, one with 40k miles and one with 110k - so i may be a bit biased.

Edit: Also a wee bit of WD40 in the locks should ease up that problem!

OP
OP
00bunge00
Thanks! Haha, i know! Just a case of finding where they got in!

I heard that WD40 isnt good as it can seize locks up if it dries to quickly??

Eeep, cant confirm nor deny that as i've never heard that before - nor really researched it! Maybe wait on one of the more experienced chaps to give some advice in that case.

Its possible they may be getting in the air vents behind the rear bumper, or at least thats the only place i can think of. Unless you have a rodent sized hole somewhere else im not aware of :p

Just to tidy the front up a bit you could spray the chrome vents black and restore the bumper back to black.
How many miles has it done?
Mines a 2002 1litre tempest with 40k miles 1 owner from new and full service history was asking for 1795 only 1500

OP
OP
00bunge00
Just to tidy the front up a bit you could spray the chrome vents black and restore the bumper back to black.
How many miles has it done?
Mines a 2002 1litre tempest with 40k miles 1 owner from new and full service history was asking for 1795 only 1500

I was planning to get some black vents as spraying will involve sanding/priming etc and its a lot of effort and time when i can buy them cheaply off eBay :p I was either gonna colourcode the bumper, but hadnt thought of black!

Its done 63k 2 owners, both female and part service, paid £1600!

What you both paid is extremely steep, I paid £750 (iirc) for my 95 super s with 48k on the clock, part service history, new tyres and a fresh mot

Fully stamped service history, every mot from new
One owner and even has the original purchase invoice
And the cars as tight as a drum I think that's a lot for £1500

Nice looking car, can't wait to see when the mods begin :)
Mines a 2002 1litre also, but was only £1200 when I got it, and it had only done 19000 miles

Uhh... Stop whining about prices of your cars guys! ;)

In Denmark a 2000-2002 K11 1 litre would set you back from £2150 to £3600 judging on the current adds on the largest classifieds site (www.dba.dk)!

My 1993 K11 1.3 set me back £957, despite not looking very pretty and being really dirty. Had 1½ years of MOT though...

Very nice little Micra by the way. Hope you will get some great years in that, and some nice mods. :)

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!

Bought my first mod today :D
Found a guy on eBay selling a sports Nissan steering wheel :p not got any pictures as ive lost the usb cable for my phone so cant upload but is identical to this............ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sports-St...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230fbe088f

Cant wait to fit it tomorrow! Will upload pics when i find the cable :p

Ben

Just make sure you don't blow your face off with the airbag taking the existing one out!

OP
OP
00bunge00
Due to money issues, im sad to announce this is being sold :( if anyone is interested, there will be a post up in the buy/sell section with all details soon :confused: