Just got myself a tidy Micra SR.

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
I'm told the black ones are rare? - Well, all for the sum of £750.

280jg5u.jpg

4fycz9.jpg

media

media

Also, since there is a picture of the engine bay. Does the car have power steering? - I don't feel like it has but I thought all SR models have this..

nope it does not have power steering, the pump should be next to the brake fluid tank behind the oil cap bolted to the inner wing on strut other side of the thrrottle cable :)

theres more black micras in prefcaelift shape, and less in facelift shape...wouldnt say there rare. just hard to come by and its the best courlor ;)

really really tidy :) the SR is one of the highest spec prefacelifts ;)

check the wires at the front they might not be connected up when i got my sr which is black too lol :) but i have just connected mine to my sidelights lol i dont have headlights now lol nice car very nice they dont have abs or power steering thats not a bad thing but you get more of a feel without them

why would we want to park our micra's in a space i would and have drove all night just because the car was so nice to drive .. dont get me wrong it gets a little sore if not you dont have the strength to drive lol

FFS, micras only weigh 800 odd kg, they are not heavy, I used to drive a 2 ton land rover with no pas, ty that lol

Very tidy SR mate. Plans?

A very nice example sir. (Y)

I have p/s but i would be fine without (honest :wasntme:), the only downside to p/s i find is the turning circle. I dont know if its just me (with my 00-02 micra) but the turning circle is rubbish compared to my old '99 with no p/s.

The only thing i cant stand is seeing people with p/s doing the wheel shuffling to get into parking spaces etc. drives me mad! just cross your arms and park! oops went off on a tangent there :upside:

Could any one tell me the difference between.. let's say.. a 1993 Micra 1.3LX to a 1996 Micra 1.3SR. Like.. is there any suspension difference..?

Also! If I wanted bigger brakes on the front, what is the largest I can get with those stock SR wheels?

no suspension difference. you can only fit stock brakes under stock wheels, but you could get better disks and pads.

That's what I meant by brakes, haha. Could I perhaps, put Pulsar front discs and calipers on there with them wheels?

Yeah. Damn.

Anyone from around east devon own up to owning a black Super S or SR?

Ohh, and I'm sure I saw a modded white pre facelift in ottery last night. Small black spoiler on the back with black rims. Not sure though, with the rain and stuff. Anyone?

Ah, dang. How about Almera 1.6 discs and calipers? - Or just simply stock wheels = stock brakes and calipers?

Very nice mate glad to see there's another black SR on the forum does it come with rear disc breaks? not seen any other than mine that has this (maybe I'm just not looking hard enough)

very nice!!
im so jealous :( someone down my road has one just like that and im always tempted to ask them if i can buy it:grinning:

I wonder if, the reason your driving lights don't work is because you haven't got the relay box for them???

I would have thought SR models come with this.. as they're clearly equipped with the lights, lol. I have the switch for it on the steering wheel signal stick thing. They just do not power on.. I'll check the fuses and such now.

Erm, well mine doesn't.. I have a switch that I turn for the side lights then the full beam. Then just beside it I twist it to turn on the front fog lights. However, I can only have the fog lights on when the side lights are switched on, the little switch for the fog lights will turn on the side lights if they're currently off.

attachment.php

As you can see here. (Thanks Swiper.)

Could someone show me where the fuse relay thing would go? - Thanks.

Update: Inspecting this picture a little more deeply, I've noticed that the inner turning switch for the fog lights on this image has 3 setting.. whilst mine has 2. I'm very much confused?

I'm confused! Lol, so uhm, the lights in the bumper are NOT fog lights? - They are driving lights? Meaning.. I can use them when I like without being targeted by the Police?

yes they are not fog lights but they should come on with full beam, like rally lights for better vision type thing.

And from the look of the pic avove yours doesnt have the stalk above it just has the rear fog light switch on it.

Hmm, mine doesn't not turn on. This is beginning to frustrate me to no end. I cannot seem to get them working. I'm not sure where to look, I took out the lamps and had a look at the bulbs; and they are seemingly fine. Which fuses do I look out for?

I'm not sure tbh, never had any bother with mine. Haynes is your best bet though. Relay should be in the engine bay, not sure where as the sr is a bit different to the super s.

Right. As modded said:

You don't have front fog lights. You have rear foglights, turned on by the switch on your stalk. However, at the front, you have driving lights. Driving lights only come on when you're on your main hi beam, with the headlights turned on.

But, all the K11's I've seen, or heard of with the driving lights have a relay box situated on the far side of the engine bay. Yours doesn't, which is mighty odd, seeming it comes from the factory with driving lights. So unless the SR has them somewhere else (next to the fuse box ? or in one of the other relay boxes) then they won't be working too soon.

Mike, it doesn't have that relay box cause its a first facelift jobbie like yours (different grille and trim) and for some reason they got rid of that relay box and there is more by the battery than on mine iirc.

Odd then. I retract my statement :)

I have a box next to the battery, but none of those relays are labeled for driving lights.

This isn't going good.

Just checked it over, my fuse boxes in the car and under the bonnet show nothing of 'Driving Lamps'. "Mighty odd" indeed. I have also checked the wiring; the fog lights are connected to a loom which connects to the front headlights. So as you say, they should come on with the full beams, however, it is unsuccessful. I'm all out of ideas.

I'm sure there is a fuse for the driving lights in the fuse box.

Left hand side, 8th slot one down. Should be the only 15a fuse on that side

Back